Aug 29, 2012, 06:44 AM
Hi Rodger,

For the dumb ones like me, ok probably just me, by burner cans, do you just mean the mylar oval outlet facing into the appropriate size twin outlets?

Cheers
Steve
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2012, 07:31 AM
Wowplanes.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
no i have'vt had time for that too many things getting in the way .thinking a oval exit mylar pipe may work with some burner cans back there...we'll see .
Not sure what you mean, a sketch or pic or two will help.

Dad is more stable now and but still in hospital. Hopefully he can get out of here soon before he catches something else. Once he gets into rehab, I can return home.

Fahim
Aug 29, 2012, 07:37 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrightbrother View Post
Not sure what you mean, a sketch or pic or two will help.

Dad is more stable now and but still in hospital. Hopefully he can get out of here soon before he catches something else. Once he gets into rehab, I can return home.

Fahim
Great news.

Mike
Aug 29, 2012, 08:52 AM
Fahim:
News about your dad is great. Wish you and your family all the best.

Ed
Aug 29, 2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A10pilot View Post
Fahim:
News about your dad is great. Wish you and your family all the best.

Ed
+1! Greg
Aug 29, 2012, 09:26 AM
Classic jets rule
something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto71 View Post
Hi Rodger,

For the dumb ones like me, ok probably just me, by burner cans, do you just mean the mylar oval outlet facing into the appropriate size twin outlets?

Cheers
Steve
Aug 29, 2012, 09:43 PM
Awesome news about your Father.
Aug 30, 2012, 07:05 AM
Fly more Foam
Thread OP
Glad to hear that your dad has made good progress on recovering.

Sounds like me and Jay are going to get together with our hogs and fly some missions, should make for some very interesting video and pics.
Aug 30, 2012, 04:07 PM
OUCH!!!
Just don't laugh at me when I make machine gun noises during my strafing passes lol. I find myself doing that every time I fly the hog
Aug 30, 2012, 04:23 PM
Fly more Foam
Thread OP

gun runs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray123 View Post
Just don't laugh at me when I make machine gun noises during my strafing passes lol. I find myself doing that every time I fly the hog
Laugh at you!!!!!!!!! Naw, i think we need a microphone and do it over the PA system.
Sep 01, 2012, 03:02 PM
Classic jets rule

inlet duct plugs

sanded and applied the last coat of epoxy primer .....i hope ,in cure now just need a final sanding and then try laying one up .
Sep 01, 2012, 06:33 PM
Fly more Foam
Thread OP
A question on the ducts and CS shroud. If the differance is only less than 0.1", can small slits be cut into the duct to allow it to expand over the shroud and then be taped. Less than one tenth for the whole total dia?........or is the shroud that much bigger ALL THE WAY AROUND it and which case maybe that wont work. Just asking
Sep 01, 2012, 10:04 PM
Classic jets rule
i split the difference between the two shrouds so it should fit the C/S shroud.....for the wemos and jet fan it maybe loose but a layer of electrical tape should allow for a nice fit or a thin layer of silicon that will help absorb the vibs from the fan for nice quiet fan ops.
Sep 02, 2012, 08:49 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
AS sounds like a solid plan. I'm still at a loss to understand why anyone would use a questionable fan unit in this project though. A fan letting go in flight isn't something I care to worry about.

Mike
Sep 02, 2012, 03:02 PM
Fly more Foam
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663 View Post
AS sounds like a solid plan. I'm still at a loss to understand why anyone would use a questionable fan unit in this project though. A fan letting go in flight isn't something I care to worry about.

Mike
I ended up with two CS 12blade fans to try out in the A10 later down the road. As to the fans letting go, i think its hit and miss but with this particular fan, you are taking chances but sometimes you come out ahead.
Another reason i believe that AS is checking the fit and sizing is that other people will want to build this plane and not have to shell out twice what the kit cost just for a fan unit and then have to shell more for the motor and ESC combo. Not everyone in this hobby can afford to buy $200-400 fans to have fun. The best marketing direction and thinking allows for a wide range of units to be used by one set of ducts with very little or no modification on the builders part to make it work.
I agree and realize the CS fans are having problems so as with all items in this hobby, you use at your own risk based on user feedback and weigh the risk to the expected outcome.
Example as maybe being the little orange 2.4 recievers, even with the issues and reports of failures peole are still buying and using them.

Great work AS and looking forward to some pics on the fist set of ducts.

Quick Reply