Jul 03, 2012, 09:46 AM
Just got my nanoWii too! Flies great. Had to change some PID's ROLL & YAW "i". It was going to the left all the time and yawing around without stick movements.

It flies great, but different! With SimonK you now really feel the reactiontime is much much better.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessestr
Just got my nanoWii too! Flies great. Had to change some PID's ROLL & YAW "i". It was going to the left all the time and yawing around without stick movements.

It flies great, but different! With SimonK you now really feel the reactiontime is much much better.
Great congrats ;-)
Jul 03, 2012, 02:22 PM
Where can I get 5V & GND for my camera gimbal.. lol.

No pins for that..

Or is it the VCC & GND on the bottom left & top left?
Jul 03, 2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:

No pins for that..

Maybe this wil help http://flyduino.net/documents/NanoWii_manual.pdf
Jul 03, 2012, 03:17 PM
Yes I viewed the manual. Nothing's in there.

Thanks
Jul 04, 2012, 04:15 AM
Hey guys! Great little board the Nanowii.I just got one up and going just like the original WM+,with only 2 minor problems.I can see that to monitor the Lipo i have to use the A3 pin as input to the voltage divider,but i do not know what pin is the output to the buzzer(or leds),and second problem is as i was using the D13 pin to light the led bars to see when it is armed,witch pin is the output for the onboard led of the Nanowii board?
Thank you for any helpfull answer!
Jul 04, 2012, 06:06 AM
Thread OP
Quote:

No pins for that..

Hi,

the gimbal signal pins are A0 & A1 .. just like thay are on a promini.. but you need to power (+ & -) your sevos direcktly from a ESC BEC or an extra BEC because the 5v onboard power regulator wont hold enough current for servos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterIt
Hey guys! Great little board the Nanowii.I just got one up and going just like the original WM+,with only 2 minor problems.I can see that to monitor the Lipo i have to use the A3 pin as input to the voltage divider,but i do not know what pin is the output to the buzzer(or leds),and second problem is as i was using the D13 pin to light the led bars to see when it is armed,witch pin is the output for the onboard led of the Nanowii board?
Thank you for any helpfull answer!
the default buzzer pin is on TX (bottom left of the board) but if you are using a spektrum satellite you can enable #define D8BUZZER to move the buzzerpin to D8.

in multiwii 2.1_RC1 the led pin is on D4 (D13 on promini) as long as you dont use a Octo

regards felix
Jul 04, 2012, 06:12 AM
Thank you Felix,will give it a try as soon as i get home in the evening.

Regards Daniel.
Jul 04, 2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks Felix.

Been flying again today.. Think there are some bugs in the code. When you lower your throttle to 15% it flips over... When doing this with my pro mini just goes fine. Almost crashed 5 times..It's like it's deactivating he sensor input and like when throttle is at 0%. Very scary.

Also I have to give way more throttle go perform something with this board. Think it's just software based. Even though everything looks fine in the GUI. And in the wind it's unflyable.

Everything was Gyro only. Don't take this as a comment on your board Felix. It's very good and clean. It's just again MultiWii that lacks in there software.

Jesse
Jul 05, 2012, 04:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Thanks Felix.

Been flying again today.. Think there are some bugs in the code. When you lower your throttle to 15% it flips over... When doing this with my pro mini just goes fine. Almost crashed 5 times..It's like it's deactivating he sensor input and like when throttle is at 0%. Very scary.

Also I have to give way more throttle go perform something with this board. Think it's just software based. Even though everything looks fine in the GUI. And in the wind it's unflyable.

Everything was Gyro only. Don't take this as a comment on your board Felix. It's very good and clean. It's just again MultiWii that lacks in there software.

Jesse
Hi,

the sensor cut throttle position is not related to the platform .. its the same code on a promini , mega or 32u4..

it might be a problem of your settings.. i fly 2.1_RC1 on the nanowii without any problems

.. whitch RX type do you use?

regards felix
Jul 05, 2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juuuut
Hi,

the sensor cut throttle position is not related to the platform .. its the same code on a promini , mega or 32u4..

it might be a problem of your settings.. i fly 2.1_RC1 on the nanowii without any problems

.. whitch RX type do you use?

regards felix
using same settings..
frsky D4FR (CPPM 8 CH)

Really love the size, look and feel of this board
Jul 06, 2012, 02:12 AM
Droner
Quote:

Would you mind sharing the sketch that you compiled?
I can't get mine to compile.
Jul 06, 2012, 03:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastianJ
Would you mind sharing the sketch that you compiled?
I can't get mine to compile.
Hi,

did you select the Leonardo as board? if so.. can you rtell us what kind of error message do you get?

this would help to help you

regards felix
Jul 06, 2012, 02:11 PM
Thank you for the help Felix.The led's are ok now.However i have another small problem with the stable mode.I have the P to 2.5 I 0.030 and D i have try'd from 10 to 100 with no luck.The copter is bouncing left/right or front /back randomly.I use the last 2.1 firmware but i can't trimm the stable mode to be stable.
Have you done any testing with you copter?Should i try to use the //#define MPU6050_LPF_42HZ options to try and stabilize it or the
/* Pseudo-derivative contrroller for level mode (experimental)
Additional information: http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=503 */
//#define LEVEL_PDF

Do you had any luck with it so far?
Thank you.
Jul 06, 2012, 04:59 PM
Thread OP
Hi,

on my copters the stable mode works well with standard PID .. the LPF works just for the gyro .. it may has some affect to the level mode .. but i dont use the LPF at all ..

you can try to reduce any vibrations (balance the propellers)

does it flyes well in acro mode? and did you trimm the acro mode before the satble mode?

its important to have a well tuned acro before you start to trimm the stable mode ..

and as you may know .. the stable mode should be trimmed with stick input's not with the TX trimm functions..

regards Felix

Quick Reply