This thread is privately moderated by A Useless Geek, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 13, 2012, 01:47 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Thread OP
Cool

Box O' Motors

So, I realized that my box of sub-100 gram motors was getting pretty full. Okay, some of these are committed to upcoming planes, both mine and others', but the bulk of them aren't dedicated to anything in particular. Keep in mind that this is only about four years' accumulation. What's going to happen over the next twenty?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2019, 03:48 PM
Always Ready!
These looks like good size motors for chuck-glider conversions or simple combat planes... would be fun to make a couple of cheapies and play "cut the streamer".
Apr 02, 2019, 11:27 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Thread OP
I'm afraid to actually inventory my motor collection now. I don't bother to count all the motors sitting in the repair bin waiting to have their shafts straightened or their loose magnets glues or their arms re-wound. A couple of years ago I added a pile of motors that were considerably bigger than the ones pictured here because I was building some bigger planes. Those demanded larger ESCs, of course...and you can see where this is going.
Apr 03, 2019, 01:18 PM
Always Ready!
I'm the same way... dozens and dozens of motors, some are burnt up and I'll rewind them, others are just cheap motors I pulled from ARFs and replaced with something better. I have lots of <20a ESCs too. My kids are getting old enough to be interested in the hobby so I imagine we'll start out by building chuck-glider conversions or some simple DTF planes... get them to understand the basics and practice on something that's easy to fly and repair.

Quick Reply