New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:13 PM
miketre is offline
Find More Posts by miketre
Mike
miketre's Avatar
I'm not sure where you can find this, but edo makes 64mm F-15 in the Israeli scheme . Looks cool.

Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:14 PM
F15ROCKETSHIP is offline
Find More Posts by F15ROCKETSHIP
Registered User
Mike where did you get the Fms grey camo F-15????
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:15 PM
F15ROCKETSHIP is offline
Find More Posts by F15ROCKETSHIP
Registered User
i know where to get it
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:16 PM
F15ROCKETSHIP is offline
Find More Posts by F15ROCKETSHIP
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre View Post
I'm not sure where you can find this, but edo makes 64mm F-15 in the Israeli scheme . Looks cool.

i know where to get it
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:25 PM
miketre is offline
Find More Posts by miketre
Mike
miketre's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by F15ROCKETSHIP View Post
Mike where did you get the Fms grey camo F-15????
You mean my fms desert camo? I got it used from a local flyer. It was also sold locally.
My freewing F15 was also bought locally.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:35 PM
F15ROCKETSHIP is offline
Find More Posts by F15ROCKETSHIP
Registered User
so both used?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:09 PM
rudeboy579 is offline
Find More Posts by rudeboy579
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
rudeboy579's Avatar
cool clips mike
ok for the starmax,i'm using hxt900 allround except for the nose wheel retract that haa bigger servo,you will find them in hobbyking.com.youu will also find the starmax f-15 in the edf section of hobbyking http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...acts_ARF_.html
now for the edf depends of what your budget.if you are ready to put the money in i strongly advise you to go for http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/i...oducts_id=1101
you would buy it once and that's it,it's got the power,the sound and the performance.it's a one time investment as i see it,do it once and do it well and it's done
.
mike is right about this f-15 being your first edf,remember anthony and his pole by the way that's also how my fms f-15 went down
so maybe go for something smaller that's your's first and then go into bigger ones.that's guna save you a lot of glueing back
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:15 PM
rudeboy579 is offline
Find More Posts by rudeboy579
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
rudeboy579's Avatar
mike and i are using the same radio's i.e the turnigy 9x with the er9x software,i use the frysky module though much more reliable and works great
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Firmware_.html
module
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...8FR_II_RX.html
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:21 PM
miketre is offline
Find More Posts by miketre
Mike
miketre's Avatar
Haha, I'm using the FrSky module too. I never tried the stock module and Rx. I got it just for a backup for my DX8 when I had to send the DX8 in for servicing.
I opted for the DHT-U module with the telemetry display, so I have a separate screen to look at the telemetry data.
I only have 1 model on it, but my DX8 memory is full and all the future planes will be on the 9x.

F15ROCKETSHIP, my Freewing F-15 is new. I got it as a kit. You can look at my youtube page for the info on the setup. I tend to go cheap on my setup - cheap but strong enough to make hand launches easy. that means a 4S setup (for a 64mm EDF).
The freewing is bigger than the FMS. floats and flies much better.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:31 PM
rudeboy579 is offline
Find More Posts by rudeboy579
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
rudeboy579's Avatar
i used the stock one when i go my flysky radio(which the turnigy9x is) but when my f-16 and my fms f-15 went down because of the flysky receiver i got the turnigy 9x with the software backlight and frysky gear already in it,does it really help the telemetry thing mike?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:42 PM
miketre is offline
Find More Posts by miketre
Mike
miketre's Avatar
Yes, i use a D series receiver, the telemetry will tell me the signal strength as perceived by the plane. When this value goes below a certain threshold, it will alert me. Never had this happen though. Never flew far enough.
It also tells me the voltage of the flight pack in real time.
These 2 are the winning features for me if I want to get into FPV.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:24 AM
rudeboy579 is offline
Find More Posts by rudeboy579
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
rudeboy579's Avatar
hmmmm would be more helpful for fpv then,my starmax flew the sat we maidened the sabre and she flew well but the wind got gusty on landing and she came towards us but loss air speed and dropped.l.g was down and the front wheel took it.didn't have time to check it but looks like she bent and also the retracts support needs some reinforcing as i haven't done the cf mods i did on the mains
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:30 AM
rudeboy579 is offline
Find More Posts by rudeboy579
" EMBRACE THE DARK SIDE '
rudeboy579's Avatar
jeff here is the vid of the super sabre maiden filmed by marc,cheers for te great bird jeff i love it!!!!
enjoy:
Topgun F100 Super Sabre with Jetfan 90 on 6 cells! (2 min 6 sec)
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:00 AM
F15ROCKETSHIP is offline
Find More Posts by F15ROCKETSHIP
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboy579 View Post
cool clips mike
ok for the starmax,i'm using hxt900 allround except for the nose wheel retract that haa bigger servo,you will find them in hobbyking.com.youu will also find the starmax f-15 in the edf section of hobbyking http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...acts_ARF_.html
now for the edf depends of what your budget.if you are ready to put the money in i strongly advise you to go for http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/i...oducts_id=1101
you would buy it once and that's it,it's got the power,the sound and the performance.it's a one time investment as i see it,do it once and do it well and it's done
.
mike is right about this f-15 being your first edf,remember anthony and his pole by the way that's also how my fms f-15 went down
so maybe go for something smaller that's your's first and then go into bigger ones.that's guna save you a lot of glueing back
battery
esc/ubec
and servos i need em all
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:55 AM
F15ROCKETSHIP is offline
Find More Posts by F15ROCKETSHIP
Registered User
well actually i chose the Hobby king 60A 4 A ubec ESC now i just need servos and battery


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Sky e Matser F-15 EDF RCPLIOTTW Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 604 Sep 18, 2016 08:55 AM
Discussion Byron F-15 EDF conversion inpieces Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 66 Aug 30, 2014 08:18 PM
For Sale nib gws twin 64mm edf f-15 kit with xtras 130 shipped crash8384 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Apr 19, 2012 12:44 AM
For Sale SKYANGEL F-15 Twin 35mm EDF RC Fighter Jet www.hobbyb.com Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 14 Apr 07, 2012 02:16 PM