Jun 18, 2012, 01:22 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westranm
The DX18 stores telemetry data to the SD card.
Hey, cool, didn't know that. I will look it up.

Thanks for that.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2012, 05:09 AM
Airborne whenever I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B
948 grams,
Don't know about the built in telemtry stuff, but I do hope they consider that as an essential offering,
Storing telemetry on the card? I don't think that is doable yet. Hoping that it might be an enhancement though. It would be great for many different uses for sure.

Cheers.

Mike
If I read it well in another thread, DX18 will store all telemetry data to SD card for after flight readout on PC.
Jul 09, 2012, 06:23 PM
or GPS, F, J, K, or even TD
Yep sure does, but there is really no way to read the data yet.

Standing by.

Mike
Jul 09, 2012, 07:10 PM
Jul 09, 2012, 07:34 PM
Sherman Knight

DX18 Programming Guide for a six servo sailplane and spm file.

Guys,

Attached is the guide I wrote up for the DX18. It is also published on Kennedy Composites and Soaring USA Sites. The one attached here is the latest version. There will be updates over time. HH is not only fixing bugs as they are found but adding new features recommended by pilots.

I have been flying the DX18 since Mid Feburary. It is now my radio of choice.

Sherman Knight
Team Horizon Hobby Air
Last edited by duworm; Jul 10, 2015 at 06:46 PM.
Jul 09, 2012, 09:54 PM
Would love to see this programming be portable. Portable in that it could be placed on any of the JR / Spektrum chassis. I just bought an 11x in Feb.

Rob
Jul 10, 2012, 05:34 AM
Rob, that item will never happen, for many reasons but would be so nice. Do not be bummed, your 11X will do all you want to do, mine does.

Marc
Jul 10, 2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVSS Boss
Rob, that item will never happen, for many reasons but would be so nice. Do not be bummed, your 11X will do all you want to do, mine does.

Marc
Sadly I agree there's little impetus on either JR or Spektrum's (HH) part to do this. But I see a future where that becomes an option. Maybe I need to learn more about it!
Jul 10, 2012, 10:41 AM
LSF V-117

New purchase

I just purchased one this last weekend from Johnny Berlin,
In part thanks to Mike Smith, ans Larry Jolly.
Great first impressions, flexibility, remind me of my old Mpx 4000.
Any switch any where, most functions anywhere.
I like it, I suspect that this will be the last radio that I purchase for a long time.
It is designed such that you could grow into the system if need be, important in our hobby, when trying to sell a radio to a serious newbie..
Looking forward to them support factor of the Spectrum Comunity, and maybe how I can contribute.
CJ
Jul 12, 2012, 11:30 PM
Can someone confirm if the current Specktrum , JR XG series and Graupner HOTT are compatible with each other in their hardware and software?
I am asking this becasue the DX18 has 10 flight modes while the Graupner MC 24 has 7 and the JRXG11 has 5. So it sounds interesting that the flapship of JR has the least number of flight mode while its affliated have further advantages.

PBear
Jul 13, 2012, 05:59 AM
PB, you need to call Horizon and talk to one of the JR guys, but I would guess not.

Marc
Jul 13, 2012, 07:31 AM
Horizon Hobby
The three systems use different protocols so no compatibility between the brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polar bear
Can someone confirm if the current Specktrum , JR XG series and Graupner HOTT are compatible with each other in their hardware and software?
I am asking this becasue the DX18 has 10 flight modes while the Graupner MC 24 has 7 and the JRXG11 has 5. So it sounds interesting that the flapship of JR has the least number of flight mode while its affliated have further advantages.

PBear
Jul 13, 2012, 10:00 AM
It looks like I am going to be a lone voice here but I had a hold of a DX18 last week and i was disappointed. It felt big and definitely not as comfortable as my JR DSX19. It also did not feel like £550 worth of product with the finish and design looking cheap. I thought the gimbals did not feel particularly nice either.

I didn't get too deep into the actual system side of the TX but I'm sure that is fine and probably a much needed step forward from the awful programming of DSX19.

Having seen the photos online and hearing about it I really did want to like the transmitter and I could have seen myself buying one soon. I think that's unlikely now though and I'll probably stick with my DSX19.
Jul 13, 2012, 11:17 AM
Yes, it's a somewhat larger case but compared to a radio like the JR 11X, it is actually very similar. My ideal TX would the JR 12X case and gimbals, with the DX18 software.

Tom
Jul 13, 2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewatson
Yes, it's a somewhat larger case but compared to a radio like the JR 11X, it is actually very similar. My ideal TX would the JR 12X case and gimbals, with the DX18 software.

Tom
+1

Glauco

Quick Reply