Jul 26, 2012, 06:22 PM
Memento Mori
The teaser video looked good, I would have liked to see the retracts working close up. Hopefully they are more stout then the T28. The at6 is stronger, but still on the weak side. The plane looked like it had some good speed, glad to see dynam headed in the 4s direction. The T28 really woke up, the AT6 has really good speed on 3s though.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2012, 07:43 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
Thread OP
I know, I was a little disappointed not to see the retracts either (only a smidge) They are 90 degree retracts after all!

Kman
Jul 29, 2012, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24
If you look at the picture above where it shows the bottom of the plane, it does have the servo plugs for the flaps. And there are a couple holes for the control horn where the flap would be. But what is odd is that it looks to be one big aileron, unless you cut the flap and install the hardware to make it an aileron and a flap. Nonetheless, it would only be half of the flap because the real plane has a flap piece on the other side of the bend of the wing next to the fuselage. It doesn't show any cut lines or hinge indentations, but wouldn't be too difficult to add.

Kman

...remember the PZ Bf-109? Same trick...real big ailerons until you separate them to make part of them flaps. I like the idea...

cheers
Uwe
Aug 01, 2012, 01:43 PM
-= Trojan Man =-
Im curious...

I know Dynam is recommending 4S for this aircraft, but I am really not interested in a 4S plane. Am I wrong in thinking this plane will be very fast? I love the corsair and Dynam planes are great, but what I am really looking for is a bird I can dang near take out of the box and go. Not RTF, but not something with tons of wires to connect, which make taking the wings off impractical. I am not downing Dynam or this corsair. I know my flying style and have been looking hard at the Parkzone F4U. Its so forgiving and stable. And peaks at about 40-45mph, which I like very much. Its comfortable to me. I dont have to worry about something getting away from me at that speed.

I guess my real point is...could this plane fly safely and efficiently on a 3S pack? Is that even an option or would it lose too much lift due to insufficient thrust/power?

Cheers,
Ary

P.S. This and Dynam's other new planes look amazing. Really glad they are making more birds.
Aug 01, 2012, 02:10 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arycon
Im curious...

I know Dynam is recommending 4S for this aircraft, but I am really not interested in a 4S plane. Am I wrong in thinking this plane will be very fast? I love the corsair and Dynam planes are great, but what I am really looking for is a bird I can dang near take out of the box and go. Not RTF, but not something with tons of wires to connect, which make taking the wings off impractical. I am not downing Dynam or this corsair. I know my flying style and have been looking hard at the Parkzone F4U. Its so forgiving and stable. And peaks at about 40-45mph, which I like very much. Its comfortable to me. I dont have to worry about something getting away from me at that speed.

I guess my real point is...could this plane fly safely and efficiently on a 3S pack? Is that even an option or would it lose too much lift due to insufficient thrust/power?

Cheers,
Ary

P.S. This and Dynam's other new planes look amazing. Really glad they are making more birds.
Seriously! You can't just manage your throttle? Why would you want an underpowered plane? No disrespect but that makes no sense to me. Also... Part of wat makes the hobby fun is putting the models together. Or making them your own.
Aug 01, 2012, 02:38 PM
-= Trojan Man =-
Quote:
Originally Posted by karltrek
Seriously! You can't just manage your throttle? Why would you want an underpowered plane? No disrespect but that makes no sense to me. Also... Part of wat makes the hobby fun is putting the models together. Or making them your own.
First of all I completely customized my Dynam T-28 with an airbushed paintscheme, custom decals and hand-buily interior cockpit. I know all about making a plane my own and building them.

Of course I can manage my throttle. That wasnt the point. My point was I dont need a Corsair that will do 70mph. Its not my flying style and seeing as I am trying to progress above my Trojan, I want to do so appropriately to my skill level. Respectfully, that isnt neccessarily a 4S powered aircraft. I crashed my T-28 on 4S because of that very reason. Hence why I asked a simple question of whether or not this plane would be capable of 3S flight. Its not an unreasonable question imho seeing as Dynam planes are substantially cheaper than Parkzone's offerings. Planes are a substantial investment.

With respect, if its not possible or plauseable to use a 3S pack on this aircraft, you could say so with less condescension.

Im still learning, and respectfully...isnt it easier to drive a standard automatic car when learning to drive? You wouldnt want a relatively new driver using a Dodge Viper to put around town. The car's power can get away from you. Planes are similar arent they? The faster they move the quicker things happen.

All Im trying to say is the Parkzone Corsair is a pussycat in the air. But it is a bigger investment. Dynam planes offer a better pricepoint and already include retracts and flaps, minus a few servos. I realize its probably improbable to fly a 4S plane on 3S. But I lean on experienced pilots to help me understand mechanics that I am still learning. I just dont want to buy a hot rod plane, become nervous or distracted by any number of obstacles, or failures that could lead to a serious crash.

Just looking for -helpful- guidance here. Thats all
Last edited by Arycon; Aug 01, 2012 at 02:49 PM.
Aug 01, 2012, 02:47 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arycon
First of all I completely customized my Dynam T-28 with an airbushed paintscheme, custom decals and hand-buily interior cockpit. I know all about making a plane my own and building them.

Of course I can manage my throttle. That wasnt the point. My point was I dont need a Corsair that will do 70mph. Its not my flying style and seeing as I am trying to progress above my Trojan, I want to do so appropriately to my skill level. Respectfully, that isnt neccessarily a 4S powered aircraft. I crashed my T-28 on 4S because of that very reason. Hence why I asked a simple question of whether or not this plane would be capable of 3S flight. Its not an unreasonable question imho seeing as Dynam planes are substantially cheaper than Parkzone's offerings.

With respect, if its not possible or plauseable to use a 3S pack on this aircraft, you could say so with less condescension/sarcasm.

Im still learning, and respectfully...is it not better to ask about using less power -prior- to purchasing or flying such aircraft or would it be better to fly something you know is beyond your skill level and either trash the plane, or hurt someone.

Its a simple enough principle.
I totally respect your position and your abilities. And I am not being sarcastic. This plane probably does not meets your needs. That is all. And there is a whole world of other options available to you.
Aug 01, 2012, 03:02 PM
Thread OP
This plane has the same electronics as the new 190 and 109, and they are pretty tame in stock form, even on 4s. Top speed on those is around 45-50 mph tops. This one should also be a real pussycat, trust me

Kman
Aug 01, 2012, 03:56 PM
-= Trojan Man =-
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the help :-) 45-50 is my sweet spot. Thats right where I like to be. And if I remember right, Kman, you have the FW 190 so thats first hand. Cool. Are the retracts on these newer Dynams more reliable? I had to replace my Trojan retracts and my comment about wires and easy construction stems from that. Replacing my retracts caused issues with the flap servos I was using. It was a nightmare to track down. I just dont want to revisit that. I think I will forgo flaps and just land as is. Cant wait to see flight reports from actual buyers.

Has the price been mentioned yet? Im assuming between $140 - $150 USD?

P.S. I already have a 4S pack, though it is 3300mah. The Trojan held it fine so I presume this plane would. I also like the color scheme as all I will need to do is shoot the bottom off white and add splotching navy blue to the top with some charcol smoke streaks and silver drybrushing to add weathering. Corsairs look awesome worn in.
Last edited by Arycon; Aug 01, 2012 at 04:03 PM.
Aug 01, 2012, 04:48 PM
Thread OP
The servoless retracts on the 190 are the same as on the T-28. However, the stems on the 190 are made of a high carbon steel resulting in much better durability. This F4U should fall in line with the others, so expect the ARF to run around $130. Pretty sweet deal for the price

Kman
Aug 01, 2012, 05:06 PM
I'll get one after as much as I like my 109. This should be a winner
Aug 10, 2012, 08:03 AM
ARF In Stock!!

http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy8953-f4u-arf.html
Aug 10, 2012, 09:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterswolf
Hmmm... they must have known today is payday

Kman
Aug 10, 2012, 12:28 PM
Thread OP
Just got an email from NP saying they have 15% off all planes with this one included making the ARF just over $100!!! Went to their website and it wasn't active yet

KMan
Aug 10, 2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24
Just got an email from NP saying they have 15% off all planes with this one included making the ARF just over $100!!! Went to their website and it wasn't active yet

KMan
Ya I noticed the same, would be awesome to get for the sale price thats in the email!

Quick Reply