Feb 17, 2020, 09:57 AM
casual park flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonbakerjr
Can anyone recommend a decent replacement rear wheel for the Corsair? Mine is worn on one side and makes it an animal to control during take off. Hoping not to have to replace it with the stock foam wheel. Thanks
https://www.motionrc.com/products/du...w-tail-wheel-1

Slow Scale Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2020, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Sabre
@52Sabre
Yes I seen those at the Du-bro site and was wondering if they would work due to the width of the wheel
Feb 17, 2020, 11:07 AM
casual park flyer
Quote:
@52Sabre

Yes I seen those at the Du-bro site and was wondering if they would work due to the width of the wheel
you'd have to order one and see if you can make it work. Or just shop around on Tower's site. Check E-flite's listings. And also Hobby King. HK often gives dimensions of their products and in this case the thickness of the wheel, hole dia., etc.
Last edited by 52Sabre; Feb 17, 2020 at 11:30 AM.
Feb 17, 2020, 11:17 AM
Quote:
you'd have to order one and see if you can make it work. Or just shop around on Tower's site. Check E-flite's listings.
Yeap ordered one, worse case I can make it work. Ive got 20 years machinist background
Feb 17, 2020, 11:32 AM
casual park flyer
Quote:
Yeap ordered one, worse case I can make it work. Ive got 20 years machinist background
I was a production machinist for 26 years after I did 20 in the air force. But as I edited above HK also has a selection you might look at.

Slow Scale Flyer
Feb 23, 2020, 09:56 PM
Master of Disaster!
Guys I'm retiring and need to offload most of my hanger including my beloved Corsair. If anyone here is interested in my beloved Corsair I'll give you preference:

Dynam 1270mm F4U Corsair - Custom paint with “Pappy” Boyington LucyBelle decals by Calle Graphics. Many upgrades and spare parts included. This is a perfect plane for a new pilot just moving into Fighters! All the features and upgrades and totally Crash Proof! This is my all time favorite Fighter but I no longer have a place to fly her. If you have a Taranis or other FrSky transmitter this is ready to fly after you charge the batteries!
Max Crash Proofing kit installed by Killerplanes
Upgraded Dynam 650kv motor and 60amp ESC
RC Lander All Metal 100 degree rotating retracts
Full sprung OLEO LG struts
FrSky D8r-II Plus Receiver and Voltage Sensor (RSSI, Battery & RX Voltage telemetry to your Taranis)
Eagletree Guardian 3D Stabilizer
10amp UBEC
CA hinges on Elevator and Rudder

Extras included:
2 Zippy 4000 4S batteries (both in good shape, good IR)
2 New Stock Dynam 13X8 props
3 New MAS 13X8 props
2 spare prop adapters
Spare Horizontal and Vertical Stabilizers
Spare Battery Bay Cover/Canopy
2 original Detrum 500kv motors and 1 650kv motor
1 Detrum 60amp ESC
A bunch of used RC Lander retracts and OLEOs for spare parts
Assorted plastic parts and screws
Original custom paint for touchups
Foam Stand
OTX EEPE file for your Taranis

Price is $150 FIRM, either local pickup or shipping paid by Buyer

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...s#post43889191
Feb 24, 2020, 07:16 AM
casual park flyer
I've retired too. And dont fly so much anymore because of my eyes. But my Corsair is hanging from the ceiling in hobby room along with a dozen other planes "until death do us part". I suppose if I were moving to a home and was forced to downsize . . . But at 67 I figure I've got a few good flying years left, cataract surgery should help with that if the glaucoma that's already claimed 1/4 of my vision doesn't crash everything first.
Last edited by 52Sabre; Feb 24, 2020 at 10:44 AM.
Feb 24, 2020, 11:23 PM
I now have received both the 650kv motor and 60 amp esc. I was hoping to install them today for flying tomorrow, but ran out of time. I'm looking forward to the upgrade to see flight differences between stock and upgrade.

Have folks noticed any great battery usage with the higher kv motor?
Feb 25, 2020, 12:56 AM
hey heliflyer14-
i've really enjoyed my motor upgrade. it a meh-flying machine into one where i can now do power climb outs with authority. nice big loops now possible with power to spare whereas i felt like stock motor just barely hot her over the top. i haven't noticed any significant battery usage difference. i'm on the throttle a lot less because you get more pull at the same throttle setting. i was so impressed with the performance, i picked up motor upgrades for my Me-109 and FW-190 as well. good luck with the upgrade. its a simple drop in plug and play. i'm sure you'll have her ready in no time. don't forget to recal your ESC after the upgrade.
-beanie
Feb 26, 2020, 11:34 PM
Well, crap I started the motor/esc upgrade today and after soldering everything onto the esc, I went to mount the new motor, only to find the darn X motor mount that goes on the back of the motor from my original motor does not line up with the new motor Perhaps my plane is an older edition where the motor was different, even though it had the same ratings.

I've sent an email to bitgo to see about getting a mount, otherwise I'm forced to either drill new holes or see if I can find a 3rd party one to fit. I'm just surprised they don't ship their motors with that X mount, everybody else does.

maybe somebody here has one from a crashed or older plane that you don't need?
Feb 27, 2020, 06:31 AM
casual park flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14
Well, crap I started the motor/esc upgrade today and after soldering everything onto the esc, I went to mount the new motor, only to find the darn X motor mount that goes on the back of the motor from my original motor does not line up with the new motor Perhaps my plane is an older edition where the motor was different, even though it had the same ratings.

I've sent an email to bitgo to see about getting a mount, otherwise I'm forced to either drill new holes or see if I can find a 3rd party one to fit. I'm just surprised they don't ship their motors with that X mount, everybody else does.

maybe somebody here has one from a crashed or older plane that you don't need?
The motor mount from the stock Detrum 500 is the same for the Detrum 650. Worked for me just a few months ago. Just have to rotate the mount where the holes line up with the motor.
Feb 27, 2020, 11:00 AM
Quote:
The motor mount from the stock Detrum 500 is the same for the Detrum 650. Worked for me just a few months ago. Just have to rotate the mount where the holes line up with the motor.
It doesn't in my case. My Corsair I think is pretty old (I purchased it used from an estate). The 500 motor has the mount holes near the edges, while the 650 motor has them near the center, probably a 1/4" difference in location between the two.
Last edited by HeliFlyer14; Feb 27, 2020 at 11:28 AM.
Feb 27, 2020, 12:22 PM
wow! that is super different! mine was a drop in fit as well upgrading from 500kv to 650kv.
-beanie
Feb 27, 2020, 05:36 PM
casual park flyer
Quote:
It doesn't in my case. My Corsair I think is pretty old (I purchased it used from an estate). The 500 motor has the mount holes near the edges, while the 650 motor has them near the center, probably a 1/4" difference in location between the two.
Yeah, I've drilled holes in mounts before. EZ solution.
Feb 27, 2020, 08:22 PM
Master of Disaster!
Quote:
I checked mine and all mounts and motors (500, 600, 650kv) the mounting holes are the same as your 500kv.

Quick Reply