Fake Cinestar frames on GoodLuckBuy - Page 5 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 05, 2012, 05:16 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
Yes, GLB has them, or himodel.com
HL W4822 490kv
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/w4822-490...er-24n22p.html
I was planning to build the same octo with the same Motor,ESC combo as yours But was not sure about the qulity.

What do you feel about the motors? are they good ? are you planning to lift any payload?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2012, 06:16 AM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
I haven't flown the setup yet, but initial impression of the motors is good. They have the look/feel/sound you get from solid motors. They also seem to be properly factory balanced (epoxy droplets). Dry runs on the bench with CF 15x55 while not very scientific, was impressive. I had a hard time holding back the motor at 10A 16V, and there was no excessive heat afterwards. With 8 of them I do not think it will have any problem classifying as a heavy-lifter.
Jul 05, 2012, 06:37 AM
Underwater Helicopter Badge
John141's Avatar
jab wrote:
Quote:
Yes, GLB has them, or himodel.com
HL W4822 490kv
Thanks mate, I've seen those before and they look good - 300W and will take up to a 6s. Guess you'll be needing at least 13 inch props on them though.
Jul 05, 2012, 07:13 AM
Registered User
Please post a video for us.
Jul 05, 2012, 07:55 AM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by John141
jab wrote:
Thanks mate, I've seen those before and they look good - 300W and will take up to a 6s. Guess you'll be needing at least 13 inch props on them though.
I want to use props in the 15-16" range for better lift efficiency. At 6S I think the 390kv version might be a better choice then. But the 490kv and 12-13" props should be fine also on 6S also.
Jul 05, 2012, 08:11 AM
Registered User
Reginak's Avatar
JAB, do you think I will be fine with a AUW of 6-6.5Kg with these motors (HL W4822 490kv) and 4S?

Because when I try my possible craft at e-calc I get this:

* The Motor Voltage is close to the Limit - please verify the max. allowed Motor Voltage ** max. current over the limit of the motor. Please verify the limits (current, power, rpm) defined by the

The other alternative of motors is http://www.goodluckbuy.com/w48-30-kv...or-24n22p.html

This motor can take 29A but it weights 50% more, almost 60g x 8 = 480g more weight.

So thats my decision now.. I know you made that calcs when I sent you a PM but thats for lifting, and when I really give the craft a good throttle to speed up. Its just a question... I really want to buy and test this package (frame + motors + 15x5.5 props)
Jul 05, 2012, 08:29 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
I haven't flown the setup yet, but initial impression of the motors is good. They have the look/feel/sound you get from solid motors. They also seem to be properly factory balanced (epoxy droplets). Dry runs on the bench with CF 15x55 while not very scientific, was impressive. I had a hard time holding back the motor at 10A 16V, and there was no excessive heat afterwards. With 8 of them I do not think it will have any problem classifying as a heavy-lifter.
can't wait to see your pics/vids online...
Jul 05, 2012, 10:04 AM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
Reginak: I think the W48-30 would be overkill for 6.5KG AUW. You are spending a lot of energy just lifting the weight of larger motors and battery.

If you look at the specifications for the W48-22 490kv, at 4S spinning a APC14x47 you have peak efficiency at 4.5A - 67W giving 720g (10.81g/W) of lift. That means for a octo, you should have 5.8kg of lift using just 67W on each motor.
So it is not a matter of being able to lift 6.5KG (they can), but how efficient they will be. I am guessing that the more efficient CF 15" propellers will raise the sweet spot to around the 6-7KG mark.
Jul 05, 2012, 12:02 PM
Emress
hey everyone, i saw a few pages back that some one said that it is bad if bolts are in direct contact with CF. why is this? and what should be used as a "spacer". i think i noticed this on my CF center plate when i took out a bolt(a bit of rust/dirt was built up on the bolt)
Jul 05, 2012, 05:00 PM
Registered User
JanHenning's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbow2
hey everyone, i saw a few pages back that some one said that it is bad if bolts are in direct contact with CF. why is this? and what should be used as a "spacer". i think i noticed this on my CF center plate when i took out a bolt(a bit of rust/dirt was built up on the bolt)
That can happen, but steel bolts will hold for a very long time. The process will be accelerated if the joint between the two materials is exposed to an electrolyte like salt water, but in most multicopter environments that doesen't apply.

From Wikipedia: Galvanic corrosion is an electrochemical process in which one metal corrodes preferentially to another when both metals are in electrical contact and immersed in an electrolyte.
Jul 06, 2012, 07:13 PM
Registered User
Reginak's Avatar
JAB,

Do you have any picture of the frame with the 15x5,5 props? I would like to see how it looks....

Thanks
Jul 07, 2012, 04:52 AM
Registered User
Can anyone -who has this Goodluckbuy frame already- confirm that you can also make a hexa with it?

I ordered the Glasfiber Hexacopter, but one day after my order they have the octa from for just 20 dollars more.
They say that you can also change it in a hexacopter. Great! I ordered the octa, make a hexa with it, and have two spare armes.

Already changes the order, so hopefully you can confirm that you can make a hexa with it.

It's already shipped, I think it's here in a few days. (netherlands)

( the discription say's it can )
Jul 07, 2012, 06:29 AM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
Yes, the CF octa version can at least be made into a hexa instead.
Jul 07, 2012, 07:12 AM
Registered User
koolkiwikat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Can anyone -who has this Goodluckbuy frame already- confirm that you can also make a hexa with it?

I ordered the Glasfiber Hexacopter, but one day after my order they have the octa from for just 20 dollars more.
They say that you can also change it in a hexacopter. Great! I ordered the octa, make a hexa with it, and have two spare armes.

Already changes the order, so hopefully you can confirm that you can make a hexa with it.

It's already shipped, I think it's here in a few days. (netherlands)

( the discription say's it can )
Cant wait to check out your build!
Jul 09, 2012, 06:29 PM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginak
JAB,
Do you have any picture of the frame with the 15x5,5 props? I would like to see how it looks....
Thanks
Did some more work today, very close to lift-off now. Just need to CNC some new battery trays, one for each side so that I can mount two batteries.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Another site like Goodluckbuy, Eforchina DJI450 frame half price bakchos Multirotor Drone Talk 39 Aug 22, 2014 02:26 AM
Question Newbie dreaming...600mm spider quad frame at GoodLuckBuy Jonathan Ott Multirotor Drone Talk 109 Jan 16, 2013 09:17 AM
New Product New inertia camera frame from Goodluckbuy kaz1104 Multirotor Drone Talk 18 Aug 18, 2012 03:35 PM
Discussion Goodluckbuy ST450 Frame flitelab Multirotor Drone Talk 12 Mar 17, 2012 07:09 PM
Discussion Opinions on the <$50 quad frames from GoodLuckBuy? Dax Multirotor Drone Talk 23 Jan 26, 2012 02:43 PM