Nov 07, 2003, 05:42 PM
Thread OP
Question

Boeing 2707 sst 3 view

Hi, does any one know where I could find 3 (or more) view drawings of the Boeing 2707 sst?
Thanks
Pat
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2003, 06:35 PM

Boeing 2707

A simple search on "Google" reveals these results...

http://www.google.com/search?q=boein...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Nov 14, 2003, 06:59 PM
Thread OP
Thank you for your reply. I have done some web searches, but havent found any 3-view drawings. I have found a plastic model that I will probably end up buying to use.
Nov 14, 2003, 07:20 PM

3-views

This image was on page one (in the "Images" tab) of the link I previously posted.
Nov 14, 2003, 07:28 PM
Thread OP
Cool thanks. I didn't think to look under " The Images Tab" I guess I never noticed it before. I normally use a different search engine.
Jun 30, 2006, 10:10 PM
Grumpa Tom
It's such a shame the American SST's never went into production. Damn hippy eco-terrorists of the day killed these magnificent designs.
Jul 03, 2006, 09:33 AM
IWC
IWC
Bobby Kennedy
Jul 07, 2006, 03:04 PM
Thread OP
Wow, way to revive an old thread. I'd completely forgot about this one. Out of your pictures, I like the 2707-100 and the 2707- 200 the best, but I think the 300 would probably fly better as a model. It's a shame the US never produced that one. They didn't even follow through with the one that was being designed a few years age. Gee, I wonder what that says about us?
Jul 16, 2006, 08:24 PM
AFAIK, the High Speed Civil Transport program was phased-out in 1999 by NASA. I don't recall the environmentalists making a stink over it, but that's probably because its engines would have burned fuel much more efficiently thereby reducing threat to the stratospheric ozone layer. Noise-wise, it was probably also quieter on takeoff because of those more modern engines. Sonic Boom-wise, I seem to recall that there was still a problem even with the double-delta wing design flying coast-to-coast over land.

Regardless of all that, this time I think it was money primarily and the airlines' lack of interest in it especially seeing as the Concord had been phased-out with no replacement. Also, I think Boeing and Lockheed are still rather gun-shy even after thirty five years. IIRC, when Washington cancelled the SST Program, Boeing and GE basically had to eat all the investment they had made in it thus far. After all, the proposed NASA design bore strong resemblance to the cancelled Boeing 2707-300 design.

On the issue of Concord, it was getting extremely expensive to maintain and it was getting extremely difficult to make any kind of profit with it. IIRC, the fare that had to be charged the passenger to support its operations was getting ridiculous for even the most well-heeled traveller.

Even so, that SST was one massively cool airplane. Getting a working ducted fan or jet model of one in the air would go a long way towards realizing lot of peoples' "what if" fantasies.

(Chekov, ahead, Mach Factor 2.7!)

Rick

BTW here's my latest plan. L = 7.5 ft, WS Extended = 4.5 ft, WS Swept = 2.5, H = 12"
Last edited by USA Supersonic; Jul 16, 2006 at 08:31 PM.
Feb 24, 2007, 08:41 PM
Here's a new drawing of the Dash 200.
Feb 26, 2007, 04:32 PM
Thread OP
Wow, it's been a while. Thanks for the picture. So, have you made any progress on your SST?
Feb 26, 2007, 07:38 PM
I'm currently building a profile balsa glider 33% version to get an idea of how the 100% version will fly/balance out. (It will have swingable wings.) As far as the 100% version is concerned, that's a long term project. I'm in the infancy of the hobby right now as I still need to learn to fly. First things first, ya know. (I'm seriously considering a Hobbyzone Piper Cub ERTF w/anti-crash technology after an aborted attempt to start flying with a Parkzone F-27B Stryker last summer.)

I have a long history in modeling other genres such as Model Rocketry, Rubber Powered flight, Styrene Airplane modeling/finishing and Model Railroading. This is an "always wanted to" thing for me and, seeing as I'm not getting any younger, I'm pretty much multi-tasking between r/c flying and model railroading using accumulated cross-over skills. (In this case skills building boost gliders, hand launch gliders and profile catapult gliders.)
Sep 19, 2007, 11:41 AM
Hello All,
Snagged this thread in a google search. I do a lot of airliner art...and big surprise; the SST is a favorite. This may be of interest to the collectorate:
Note: Lockheed SST shows two extreme forward windows. They should not be present. More recent sketch has them deleted.

Quick Reply