Jul 12, 2012, 04:51 PM
BlackLivesMatter.
well thats Cool !
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2012, 11:46 AM
Watts Matter?
Thread OP

Catching Up

Well, it's been a while. As I mentioned in my last posting, I'm struggling to keep the build log updated. So, again, I'll paint a picture as best I can by uploading quite a few photo's of the progress to date.
In a nutshell, the build has gone well to date and she's starting to take shape. Major jobs left to complete are
1. The front steerable retract.
2. All control surface linkages to be completed.
3. Radio installation
4. Final Paint Job
Realistically, I could be test flying the Vulcan within a week if progress is as good as it has been over the past week.
Cheers
Roy
Last edited by Electriflier; Jul 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
Jul 19, 2012, 12:40 PM
Still the "Pro"-crastinator...
Roy,

Wow, she's really coming along now! I especially like your use of "re-purposed" materials for the tail cone and engine exhausts. In your cups, indeed...

Steve
Jul 19, 2012, 04:48 PM
a.k.a Maltone
Beautiful work Roy - you make me want to try Depron (again!)

She sure looks like a Vulcan - that shape is magnificent

Pat
Jul 19, 2012, 04:58 PM
Bloody fantastic!!!

Having seen this model in the flesh, I just can't believe how light and rigid it is!
Depron eh! - it's the future!

Fingers crossed it's air worthy for Sunday and that the weather turns out as promised.

Bet you're just itching to get it painted........
Jul 20, 2012, 12:10 PM
Watts Matter?
Thread OP
Cheers guys! Have been fitting the steerable nose wheel retract today. Not quite finished but will update with photos when completed.
Jul 23, 2012, 02:00 AM
Hi Roy
Looking fantastic – you have captured the lines of the Vulcan beautifully – can you let me know where you got the lightweight aluminium tape? I could do with some for my B17 build
Best
Charles
Jul 23, 2012, 05:55 AM
Watts Matter?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire1954
Hi Roy
Looking fantastic – you have captured the lines of the Vulcan beautifully – can you let me know where you got the lightweight aluminium tape? I could do with some for my B17 build
Best
Charles
Charles, thank you. No probs...... Try http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Alum...il+Tape/p97723
Cheap at half the price!
Cheers Roy
Jul 24, 2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks Roy
Much appreciated
Charles
Jul 24, 2012, 04:06 PM
Watts Matter?
Thread OP

Maiden - She Flies!!

Just to whet your appetite, a couple of pictures from tonights successful Maiden flight. I'll write up a full account tomorrow and hopefully post a few more pictures and possibly a video if all goes well.
For now......
Roy
Jul 24, 2012, 04:09 PM
Congratulations on a very successful maiden. Awesome yes it was, looking forward to seeing it in the air again.
Maybe you need to let air traffic control know that xh558 has a new runway to use.
Last edited by elecracer; Jul 24, 2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Addition
Jul 24, 2012, 05:06 PM
Watts Matter?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecracer
Congratulations on a very successful maiden. Awesome yes it was, looking forward to seeing it in the air again.
Maybe you need to let air traffic control know that xh558 has a new runway to use.
A big thank you to both elecracer and sandracer17 for their help and encouragement tonight. Elecracer took the piccies and sandracer the video ( to follow ).
Jul 24, 2012, 05:19 PM
a.k.a Maltone
She looks absolutely magnificent! If there was a prize for the least number of hours-per-square-foot of wing area - this must surely be up there Looking forward to more flight info..

Pat
Jul 24, 2012, 06:54 PM
Still the "Pro"-crastinator...
Congratulations Roy! When I first glimpsed the thumbnail pictures, I thought someone had posted pics of a real Vulcan flyby to encourage you. She certainly looks the part!

Steve
Jul 24, 2012, 10:27 PM
What a beautiful sight! I too thought the photos were of a real Vulcan at first glance. The prop in the second photo looks like an exhaust plume.

Quick Reply