Feb 13, 2013, 01:52 PM
Watts Matter?
Thread OP
Something Special Happened Today!
Today, I'm a happy man. I was invited along to Hangar 3 at Finningley where the fabulous Vulcan XH558 is housed. The reason for the visit, apart from getting up close and personal with the lovely old lady herself, was to take my model for photo's of her and the real thing.
I couldn't have asked for more. Everyone of the crew at the Vulcan tours made me incredibly welcome and took a great deal of interest in the model.
Anyhow, here's just a couple of pictures from my memorable day.
Roy
Last edited by Electriflier; Feb 13, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2013, 03:15 PM
Depron Daz
You lucky so and so! Did you have a good day?
Feb 13, 2013, 03:32 PM
Watts Matter?
Thread OP
One word - memorable!
Seriously Daz, worth a visit. Get yourselves up here for a weekend. Good excuse.........research!
Feb 13, 2013, 11:01 PM
I'm so jealous that you got that close. it's too bad her air career is coming to an end. I wish I could get there to see it, but I doubt it will happen.
Feb 14, 2013, 11:51 AM
Watts Matter?
Thread OP
Yeah it was a great day. XH558 is currently up on jacks which made walking underneath her much easier. Retracts were down and crew access hatch and bomb-bay doors were open which gave me quite an in-depth look around the old girl. Photography of the Vulcan is allowed so I was kept quite busy with the camera. I find myself running out of superlatives when trying to describe this beautiful aircraft so for now, i'll shut up.
Roy
Jul 08, 2013, 03:14 PM
Watts Matter?
Thread OP
Sunday 7th July
Vulcan and Buccaneer
Today was the first outing for the Vulcan this year so, needless to say, I was quite nervous. Double-nervous in that that today was the first time the Vulcan and the latest build, the Buccaneer had been out together.
Needn't have been though because, as usual, the Vulcan flew beautifully and here's a few pictures to prove it.
Jul 08, 2013, 07:53 PM
Depron Daz
Sweet!
Jul 08, 2013, 11:08 PM
So cool!!!
Jul 09, 2013, 12:57 AM
resU deretsigeR
Very majestic !

Nov 25, 2014, 11:04 AM
Hello everyone! I do not know if someone else is watching this topic. I want to do with the size of Vulcan wing of about 180 cm 2 and the engine from Grayson Hobby 2200 kV, I have some questions.
Roy, Daz, and all who are in the flow - if you have plans, such as here [url]https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/1/1/4/0/7/1/a1959238-254-Vulcan_b2a.jpg with good resolution to print on A0 format, if you can send me? I'm interested in "side view". I already have a good plan, but only the "top view".
Last edited by Alex1754; Nov 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM.
Mar 13, 2015, 08:30 AM

Plans / Drawings

Hi all - have been crawling through the threads looking at depron builds and particularly the Vulcan - some great models on this forum!

So I was looking at the drawings around as I wanted to do a 40" version .. about the size of the one in here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1141491 but a little more like the one covered in this thread.

Anyway .. I just wanted to go through what I have done to sort myself out here and it may help others in the future.

So I got the drawing from this thread which is fairly small and opened it in paintshop pro .. added rulers in inches and I could see it came out to have a span of 11.75 inches.
So dividing 40 by 11.75 gave me a scale up factor of 3.4 (340%) .. so I resized it in PaintshopPro by 340%.
I then cropped it as close to the drawing as I could to save wasting any paper when it was printed out.
As I find it easiest to print with cut lines from acrobat reader .. I imported my picture into a program I have called Nitro PDF .. in highest quality and saved it as a PDF file.
I then opened that in acrobat reader and selected to print as a poster at 100% scale with cut marks .. job done!
So if you follow this you should be able to do this to any scale you want pretty easily
Hope this helps others looking for drawings of different sizes so that they can help themselves .. all details below .. including the drawing I started with and my final 40" span version in pdf format.
Apr 29, 2015, 12:05 PM
Professor Doc Brown
Hi so if I download that file of 40inch plan and I then put it into paintproshop and increase it to 100% that would give me 80 inch yes ? As I want to start a new build of this kind
Apr 29, 2015, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshwizardred
Hi so if I download that file of 40inch plan and I then put it into paintproshop and increase it to 100% that would give me 80 inch yes ? As I want to start a new build of this kind
You can just tile print in acrobat as per my last image above but scale to 200% rather than 100% .. It will be a faint print but should do what you want
Apr 30, 2015, 05:19 AM
Professor Doc Brown
Great!! Of course 200%. My grey cells !! I was thinking of saving the PDF to USB pen and go to a printer ? Looks like I need 4 x a0. That is hellva lot of A4 papers in tiled ?
Apr 30, 2015, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshwizardred
Great!! Of course 200%. My grey cells !! I was thinking of saving the PDF to USB pen and go to a printer ? Looks like I need 4 x a0. That is hellva lot of A4 papers in tiled ?
Yup .. look at the very first post. ..and that is just 80"

Quick Reply