This thread is privately moderated by BrianRickman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 07, 2003, 10:24 AM
Trader Rating: 88
Thread OP

FS: LED set for night flight - $20 shipped

This set is made by MPI and includes a controller module that plugs in to a spare channel on your receiver and 6 white LEDs. The controller has two channels. Each channel can drive up to four LEDs. One channel keeps the lights on steady, the other has an adjustable flash rate. I wired the LEDs as two strings of three for use on a Carbon Falcon delta flying wing and used them once. They are bright enough that I did not need a flash light to walk through the field with the plane. Having one side of the plane flash while the other had steady light made orientation easy.

I'm selling the light set because being in a dark field alone at night makes me a little too nervous to enjoy flying.

I paid $24 + shipping at Todd's Models:
http://toddsmodels.com/connectors.htm

Will sell for $20 shipped or best offer.

SOLD TO jhearn.

Thanks everybody!
Last edited by BrianRickman; Nov 08, 2003 at 09:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2003, 10:38 AM
Trader Rating: 2
I'll take it if it is in perfect condition. Jim
Nov 07, 2003, 10:42 AM
Trader Rating: 31
Does it turn the lights off & on using the channel it's plugged into, or is just a voltage regulator & timer?
Thanks Bryan H.
Nov 07, 2003, 11:10 AM
Trader Rating: 88
Thread OP
jhearn,

It works great. All the solder joints for the wires that go to the LEDs are covered with heatshrink. It's yours if you want it. You can PayPal the $20 to me at [email protected] or send me a PM or email if you want to pay via money order.

bflyer1151,
The lights are on whenever the receiver is powered. The channel the controller plugs in to is used only to supply electricity.

Quick Reply