This thread is privately moderated by kman24, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 09, 2012, 11:38 AM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
Thread OP
Discussion

Dynam Peaks (aka Pitts M-12) Biplane

Here is my latest addition to the hangar, the Dynam Peaks Biplane! I am not a 3D pilot, as you can see in my maiden flight footage, but it is still an entertaining plane to fly and I hope to learn some tricks on it as I go. The plane is pretty big (42" wingspan) and has a nice presence in the air. I am currently flying the plane on a 4s 2200mah Sky Lipo 40C battery.

Building the plane was straight forward and I didn't have any issues whatsoever. It took a little time to get the control surfaces all adjusted and dialed in and I did spend extra time making sure everything was secured well. The prop did need a little balancing, but not much.

I did replace the pilot right from the get go. The pilot that came with the plane was floating around in the cockpit. I figured if I was going to crach it open that I would swap him out since it was a warbird pilot. Dynam makes some great looking and flying planes, but their pilot selection in these planes in interesting to say the least. I replaced the original pilot with a Hangar 9 1/7 Scale Civilian Pilot that looks much better in there. I did have to cut about a 1/4" off the bottom of him in order to get him to fit in there. I also had to trim a little foam where he gets glued into place.

Overall, the maiden flight went well and I hope to try some tricks with it the next time out. Enjoy!

KMan

Dynam Peaks Maiden Flight (8 min 6 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply