Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:48 AM
Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
Remember... Fly for fun!
Discussion

GMFC with Profili and CAD Advice

After whatever people think I should know about using GMFC etc

I have a CNC Hotwire controlled from the GMFC software i have been using for a year or so, but no CAD software as yet.

The only question i would REALLY like answered is as follows:

- What is the easiest CAD software for editing sections, making fuselage cross sections, and basically just for use with GMFC? I would like a program to design airframes in the future to put into the propriety software for CNCing some Corian molds, but would be happy to purchase a different program more suited for that role.

And any advice for me or others on GMFC use would be fantastic. I can do solid wings of varying tapers and multi panel no worries but that is about as far as I am at.

This thread could be a handy hints thread too

Anything would be appreciated
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ALEX HEWSON; Jun 13, 2012 at 05:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 09:09 AM
Find More Posts by Ward Hagaman
Alex, I find that I use Profili Pro as a companion to GMFC and my CAD program. Any time I need a non-wing shape I create it in CAD, scale it to be 1 inch wide, and export it to Profili as a .DXF for conversion to a .DAT file. It works flawlessly. So in my mind you need three pieces of software....sorry.

As a bonus, Profili pro can create .STL files of an elliptical wing for mold creation...makes it a 5 minute proposition rather than a week of CAD time. So I would look for a CAD program that can handle .STL files as well.

Ward
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:22 AM
Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
Remember... Fly for fun!
So I am planning on buying Profili Pro, had a look at the site and it seems buying the software with the usb drive is the way to go.

Sound about right?

What CAD software should I aim for?
RCG Plus Member