Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:02 AM
JimDrew is offline
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
Maybe, but not with Eagletree sensors, which was the topic.
In addition to JR and Eagletree, you should maybe consider the FrSky range of sensors. They even have 6S cell voltage sensors that can be chained for monitoring up to 12S.

Fred
We won't be supporting the chinese brand radios. The sensors are too unreliable and I don't want that associated with our product.
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:03 AM
JimDrew is offline
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes345 View Post
How does that work? Is it a direct communication that shows up on the A9 screen?

Thanks

Tom
Yes. Just like the Hitec's sensor display shows the Rx voltage. The signal strength (RSSI) shows up in the GPS signal strength, even though there is no real GPS - it was a convenient way to show the strength since Hitec does not offer this feature.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:05 PM
tholmes345 is offline
Find More Posts by tholmes345
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
tholmes345's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Yes. Just like the Hitec's sensor display shows the Rx voltage. The signal strength (RSSI) shows up in the GPS signal strength, even though there is no real GPS - it was a convenient way to show the strength since Hitec does not offer this feature.
Thanks. So what has to be done to get this using Nano's? Expander??
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:28 PM
Grich is offline
Find More Posts by Grich
Registered User
Grich's Avatar
Jeti Telemetry Sensor Li-Poly Battery MULi 6s EX. The MULi6s EX sensor is used with a Duplex receiver to monitor the voltage of your (up to) 6 cell Lithium battery pack.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:50 PM
theKM is offline
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes345 View Post
Thanks. So what has to be done to get this using Nano's? Expander??
Nano's don't have the telemetry stream... will need the DivBee RF + expander
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Updated Hatcam - Apr2016
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:10 PM
tholmes345 is offline
Find More Posts by tholmes345
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
tholmes345's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
Nano's don't have the telemetry stream... will need the DivBee RF + expander
Okay, what does that look like?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:42 PM
Doffen24 is offline
Find More Posts by Doffen24
Registered User
Doffen24's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes345 View Post
Okay, what does that look like?

........
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:01 PM
JimDrew is offline
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes345 View Post
Thanks. So what has to be done to get this using Nano's? Expander??
Nano's do not output telemetry information. There is no voltage detection circuitry in the Nano because they run down to 2.1v. However, they can send telemetry - but at a limited distance because they are very low power output devices. So, you could use the Nano with the expander to send telemetry info.

The expander will be programmed just like our current 8 and 10 channel receivers.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:24 PM
tholmes345 is offline
Find More Posts by tholmes345
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
tholmes345's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Nano's do not output telemetry information. There is no voltage detection circuitry in the Nano because they run down to 2.1v. However, they can send telemetry - but at a limited distance because they are very low power output devices. So, you could use the Nano with the expander to send telemetry info.

The expander will be programmed just like our current 8 and 10 channel receivers.
Does that programming exist or is it something to look forward to?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:51 PM
TTRotary is offline
Find More Posts by TTRotary
Rangers Lead the Way
Edit - question already addressed
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:10 PM
JimDrew is offline
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes345 View Post
Does that programming exist or is it something to look forward to?
It exists already - it's in our 8 and 10 channel receivers right now.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:33 PM
theKM is offline
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes345 View Post
Okay, what does that look like?
like this, but the DivBee module will have a case around it to hold the antennas and such...

RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Updated Hatcam - Apr2016
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:49 PM
tholmes345 is offline
Find More Posts by tholmes345
Fly inverted, it's more fun.
tholmes345's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
like this, but the DivBee module will have a case around it to hold the antennas and such...

Great. I just never saw the three prong plug. Now it all seems to make sense. Thanks
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:32 PM
Grich is offline
Find More Posts by Grich
Registered User
Grich's Avatar
Jim i didnt mention it when i was at your booth at the ama, I think the DivBee separate receiver and expander board(s) are going to revolutionize our hobby!


edited after E_ferret's comment.
Last edited by Grich; Jan 31, 2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:06 PM
E_ferret is offline
Find More Posts by E_ferret
Registered User
E_ferret's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grich View Post
Jim i didnt mention it when i was at your booth at the ama, I think the DivBee module and expander board(s) are going to revolutionize our hobby!
hi, you did not model for this by any chance?
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgu...d=0CIIBEP4dMA0


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold JR Channel Expander Clavin01 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Apr 13, 2012 07:48 AM
Looking to expand my operation... CyberJay Coaxial Helicopters 14 May 17, 2005 06:50 PM
PFM is looking to expand into the larger scale aircraft. WJ Birmingham Sport Planes 12 Jan 02, 2004 10:31 PM
Expand battery bay in flying wing? navyflier Foamies (Kits) 7 Apr 08, 2003 11:27 AM