Thread Tools
Jun 08, 2012, 10:43 PM
Registered User
boolander's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by signal7
I know some folks were wondering what the Naza GPS came with in terms of mounting hardware.

Here's what's in the box:
- Naza GPS
- Upper and lower mounting brackets
- Mounting stalk
- 4 pieces of 3m mounting tape
- Stickers for alignment/measurement
What do you do with the alignment/measurement stickers?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2012, 11:02 PM
Registered User
signal7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by boolander
What do you do with the alignment/measurement stickers?
Apparently they're for assisting in the alignment of the GPS. The manual simply says "The DJI logo marked on the GPS should face the sky, with the orientation arrow pointing directly forward. The GPS/Compass is packaged with a special indication line for mounting for the first time."

I did not use them on my WKM, I just eyeballed it. These are probably not necessary but if anyone has a particularly good use for them I'd like to know
Jun 08, 2012, 11:30 PM
Registered User
gww528's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Just so everyone is clear you will not trigger a pre set fail-safe on a 6200 rx.

You need a ar7000 or higher rx to trigger fail-safe with spektrum. Then you also have to bind twice. One to standard bind and then next bind with be with the TX in the config that will trigger the naza or wkm to trigger their Failsafe.

So for an example I use throttle hold to trigger failsafe on the wkm/naza. So I would power on rx with bind plug. Once power light is blinking pull bind plug. Now I power on my TX with throttle hold ON and bind button pressed. Recycle power and now test your failsafe via software.
Just to clarify, there are two AR7000, only the one that has "Data/Batt" listed on the label will work. Some have just have "Batt", they do NOT have Pre-set Failsafe.
Jun 08, 2012, 11:57 PM
Bladerex700
I am confused and it my sound ignorant but what's IOC
Jun 09, 2012, 12:29 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by aisamac gomez
I am confused and it my sound ignorant but what's IOC
GPS Features include: RTH (Return-To-Home); IOC (Intelligent Orientation Control) and Low Battery warning.

IOC means that no matter which way your copter is pointing, pulling the stick back makes it come back to you, forward goes away from you, etc. It's like the system reverses certain channel for you based on which way it's pointing, so you don't have to remember which way is forward/backward/left/right. This is helpful when you lose orientation.
Jun 09, 2012, 12:34 AM
Mark
mewert's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aisamac gomez
I am confused and it my sound ignorant but what's IOC
Inteligent Orientation Control , I believe.

I'm new to this myself. Just got my F450 kit today and have it built but not all hooked up and running yet. Will add GPS later when I'm in the groove with it.
Subscribed here also.
Jun 09, 2012, 12:39 AM
Living in the south of France
paulinfrance's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandis
maybe your gains are too high..
Thanks but i have gone from 50% to 150% and also re soldered the motor, a friend stripped the motor wires and re soldered them and his has stopped wobbling.
Jun 09, 2012, 04:54 AM
Registered User

Home lock video test


Quote:
Originally Posted by repodog
GPS Features include: RTH (Return-To-Home); IOC (Intelligent Orientation Control) and Low Battery warning.

IOC means that no matter which way your copter is pointing, pulling the stick back makes it come back to you, forward goes away from you, etc. It's like the system reverses certain channel for you based on which way it's pointing, so you don't have to remember which way is forward/backward/left/right. This is helpful when you lose orientation.
Just did a "home lock" test, in the first half of this onboard video I flew out then left then spun the quad 180 degrees facing me and by pulling back stick the quad flies back to takeoff point. The second half I flew out then right then spun the quad 90 degrees and by pulling back stick it stills flies back to take off point. Hope this makes sense...

IOC home lock.MP4 (2 min 25 sec)
Jun 09, 2012, 11:17 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yammysho
Just did a "home lock" test, in the first half of this onboard video I flew out then left then spun the quad 180 degrees facing me and by pulling back stick the quad flies back to takeoff point. The second half I flew out then right then spun the quad 90 degrees and by pulling back stick it stills flies back to take off point. Hope this makes sense...

http://youtu.be/wCuFjfmFEwo
Thanks Yammysho! and you have a really nice flying club field...
Jun 09, 2012, 12:23 PM
S.Bus Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist
They really need to create a Naza + GPS package for a little less than both.
DJI list a Naza/GPS combo for the same price as buying the Naza and GPS module separately.

I'm sure you will see them available in the US after the rush of the GPS modules is over.
Jun 09, 2012, 12:31 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
blade strike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528
Just to clarify, there are two AR7000, only the one that has "Data/Batt" listed on the label will work. Some have just have "Batt", they do NOT have Pre-set Failsafe.
Very true! FYI If you do have an older one w/o the data tag, they will update it for free
Latest blog entry: QUICK TIPS - Spark
Jun 09, 2012, 12:39 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Just so everyone is clear you will not trigger a pre set fail-safe on a 6200 rx.

You need a ar7000 or higher rx to trigger fail-safe with spektrum. Then you also have to bind twice. One to standard bind and then next bind with be with the TX in the config that will trigger the naza or wkm to trigger their Failsafe.

So for an example I use throttle hold to trigger failsafe on the wkm/naza. So I would power on rx with bind plug. Once power light is blinking pull bind plug. Now I power on my TX with throttle hold ON and bind button pressed. Recycle power and now test your failsafe via software.
I think you are saying that to assign a specific switch or button on your controller which initiates NAZA Failsafe directly, it's necessary to have an AR7000 or above. But what if I just turn off my transmitter while using an AR6210? Assuming that I created a controller mix that gave me the proper combination of inputs that highlighted the blue Failsafe field in the NAZA Assistant set up, wouldn't it initiate the NAZA RTH sequence as demonstrated in the videos that Signal7 posted?
Jun 09, 2012, 12:46 PM
DJI Support
Tahoe Ed's Avatar
The AR6 series only saves the Throttle setting, nothing else. Sorry.
Latest blog entry: M200 FAQ's
Jun 09, 2012, 12:52 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
blade strike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
The AR6 series only saves the Throttle setting, nothing else. Sorry.
^^^^Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure
I think you are saying that to assign a specific switch or button on your controller which initiates NAZA Failsafe directly, it's necessary to have an AR7000 or above. But what if I just turn off my transmitter while using an AR6210? Assuming that I created a controller mix that gave me the proper combination of inputs that highlighted the blue Failsafe field in the NAZA Assistant set up, wouldn't it initiate the NAZA RTH sequence as demonstrated in the videos that Signal7 posted?
This would only allow you to trigger the naza failsafe when still having control of craft. THIS WILL NOT give you a true failsafe incase of signal loss!
Latest blog entry: QUICK TIPS - Spark
Jun 09, 2012, 01:10 PM
Registered User

Ioc


A quick question as this IOC is new to me.
How does the quad actually know if I am trying to back up or wanting it to change the direction for the front on the quad.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product GAUI 500x/ GU-INS GPS Owners Thread - Tips, Problems And Experiences sap_2000 Multirotor Drone Talk 231 Aug 05, 2014 04:32 AM
Discussion HoverFly Owners Thread: Pro, GPS, Sport, Gimbal and news Adidas4275 Multirotor Drone Talk 195 Sep 06, 2012 04:45 PM
Found DJI NAZA GPS Upgrade Module for the DJI Naza Flight Controller skyhulk Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 10 Jul 20, 2012 08:47 PM
Question Question for Spektrum DX8/HF GPS owners Wayno Complaino Aerial Photography 13 Jan 01, 2012 01:18 PM
Discussion Gps owner videos jginsandiego Aerial Photography 0 Oct 04, 2011 05:01 PM