Oct 07, 2014, 05:48 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
I use an old/cheap HP Netbook running Win7 for field adjustments.

Couple years ago I bought an Asus eeePC 900, 9" Notebook for around $45 on ebay and used that till just recently. It works great, just no speed demon if you are surfing. I see they are now down to $25+ now...
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2014, 07:38 PM
Looking for some help with my Naza M V1 w/GPS. Problem is that the GPS antenna is cracked. I checked with DJI North America as to my options. I got a short simple answer. My only option is to buy a new Naza M V2 with GPS. Anyone have any suggestions or possible alternatives?

One good thing would be to use it without GPS and that way no fly always. I really do like using GPS for videoing with the GoPro.

Thanks
DaleS
Oct 07, 2014, 07:49 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
What part is cracked ?
Oct 07, 2014, 08:32 PM
The ceramic IC.
Oct 07, 2014, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds19502
The ceramic IC.
got a pic of it ?
Oct 07, 2014, 09:37 PM
AMA member since May 2013
Quote:
The ceramic IC.
Your compass is in there too.
Oct 07, 2014, 09:38 PM
Is it the ceramic patch antenna that has the crack ? if so .
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...015-ND/2332642
Oct 08, 2014, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q

Couple years ago I bought an Asus eeePC 900, 9" Notebook for around $45 on ebay and used that till just recently. It works great, just no speed demon if you are surfing. I see they are now down to $25+ now...
Yup notebooks/netbooks are pretty unloved now ... everybody wants a tablet. Mine was free from my in-laws when they got new iPads!
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Oct 08, 2014, 01:47 PM

GPS Antenna

That is it exactly. Under $5.00. Very good response. Ordering today.
Oct 08, 2014, 02:00 PM
Quote:
that is it exactly. Under $5.00. Very good response. Ordering today.
awesome !!
Oct 09, 2014, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit
Is it the ceramic patch antenna that has the crack ? if so .
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...015-ND/2332642
It's an easy one pin solder and a bit of adhesive to deal with.
Just make sure you get the new antenna that is not more than 2mm thick. The 4mm thick ones don't fit in the DJI GPS case...
Last edited by Mowee; Oct 09, 2014 at 08:08 PM.
Oct 09, 2014, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowee
It's an easy one pin solder and a bit of adhesive to deal with.
Just make sure you get the new antenna that is not more than 2mm thick. The 4mm thick ones don't fit in the DJI GPS case...
Good info, I have never had to do this and didn't know about the thickness , but i can print up a new case if i need to.

Thanks G
Oct 20, 2014, 01:10 AM

NAZA-M V1 - **Help Needed for Newbie!!**

Greetings, not sure if this is the right forum area, but thought I would start here. I just purchased a used DJI F550 with NAZA-M V1 and GPS. The original owner was flying it with a Spektrum DX6i and took the RX. I purchased a DX8 TX and got an AR8000 RX.

I was on the DJI website and downloaded the latest Assistant Software and drivers. Loaded on PC and it connects no problem. It said I needed to upgrade firmware to the latest version which I did, version 4.02. One weird thing is that the Software Assistant says NAZA V2 at the top. Not sure that is an issue or not.

Set the type and tested motors. All good there. I have a number of issues I am hoping someone can help with:

1) When all four RX channels are plugged into the NAZA, no power shows on the RX. If I unplug any 1 of the 4, power shows up on the RX. What is going on there??

2) If I leave one of the channels off the RX so that there is power, there is NO control of the RX by the TX. The software assistant shows no throws on any of the switches or controls on the TX at all. Basically no communication.

I did bind the TX/RX off the NAZA first to make sure it was clean of any outside influences when I did it just in case.

Really hoping someone can assist with this. Any suggestions?

D
Oct 20, 2014, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlanglands
Greetings, not sure if this is the right forum area, but thought I would start here. I just purchased a used DJI F550 with NAZA-M V1 and GPS. The original owner was flying it with a Spektrum DX6i and took the RX. I purchased a DX8 TX and got an AR8000 RX.

I was on the DJI website and downloaded the latest Assistant Software and drivers. Loaded on PC and it connects no problem. It said I needed to upgrade firmware to the latest version which I did, version 4.02. One weird thing is that the Software Assistant says NAZA V2 at the top. Not sure that is an issue or not.

Set the type and tested motors. All good there. I have a number of issues I am hoping someone can help with:

1) When all four RX channels are plugged into the NAZA, no power shows on the RX. If I unplug any 1 of the 4, power shows up on the RX. What is going on there??

2) If I leave one of the channels off the RX so that there is power, there is NO control of the RX by the TX. The software assistant shows no throws on any of the switches or controls on the TX at all. Basically no communication.

I did bind the TX/RX off the NAZA first to make sure it was clean of any outside influences when I did it just in case.

Really hoping someone can assist with this. Any suggestions?

D
hey ... no that is not aan issue if you upgrade it will show it NAZA V2
anyway did you choose your transmitter type like in the pic below ?

maybe that is the problem

cheers

indra
Oct 20, 2014, 11:58 AM
Yes. It is a Spektrum TX/RX pair as mentioned and I have selected Traditional. Also tried the others as I have spent 5 hours on this so far with no luck.

I am at a loss for why this is happening. Almost looks like a loading issue on the NAZA with the RX seeing that removing any one lead allows for power on the RX to appear.

So frustrating ...

Quick Reply