Nov 09, 2012, 05:44 PM
Member #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfou
So i post also here, to see if some one can help me about this issue
my set up is FrSky D8R-II + stock 9x tx I just read a fews tread and the issue is not resolved and i don't want to try to fly the quad , i am very disapointed about this system already if I don't find the problem this week end monday this kit will be on sell for sure thanks everyone
Get rid of the cheap 9X and get a DX8i or JR module based radio or similar so you can keep using your frsky stuff. The turnigy radios are not user friendly one bit and you almost need a PhD to use them. I've found setting up my quads on either my DX8 or JR DSX9 very easy to do! And cause they are a common radio there is alot more knowledge on the in the forums and google searches.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfou
I wish they can resolved the ppm issue
Whats the issue?
Nov 09, 2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman
Get rid of the cheap 9X and get a DX8i or JR module based radio or similar so you can keep using your frsky stuff. The turnigy radios are not user friendly one bit and you almost need a PhD to use them. I've found setting up my quads on either my DX8 or JR DSX9 very easy to do! And cause they are a common radio there is alot more knowledge on the in the forums and google searches.
If you Flash your 9x with er9x or open9x you'll have a great radio.
Nov 09, 2012, 07:30 PM
Member #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Ö
If you Flash your 9x with er9x or open9x you'll have a great radio.
I tried that too with a smartie parts board and it still seemed like I needed a PhD in transmitter programming and that was just for basic 4 channel stuff! It did my head in so I bought a JR DSX9 and its been flawless. I only use my DX8 for my FPV long range stuff cause my rangelink UHF plugs straight into the trainer port.
Nov 09, 2012, 10:13 PM
Brushless
Quick Question for you guys - I am seeing some new strange behavior with my NAZA - If while flying I quickly bump the the left or right alieron stick and let it spring back to center the quad will wobble out of control until it crashes - I am not compeletly letting go of the stick and letting it fall back to center just bumping it - Anyone else seen this? I am using a DX8 and Ar8000 rx - latest firmware on the NAZA as well -

Mike
Nov 10, 2012, 02:30 AM
Member #1
Can someone suggest a nice smooth servo for a camera gimbal? My pitch servo is very jittery. Something HXT900 sized metal gear would be good.
Nov 10, 2012, 07:06 AM
Begin with end in mind...
Hi Mike, did you recently upgrade the firmeware or has it been flying well for some time and this behavior just started?? I hate hearing these stories, this is not the first time I have heard of this behavior. I am sitting on the fence with the firmware upgrade until I know it isn't buggy.

Please let me know what you find out on a solution....

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d
Quick Question for you guys - I am seeing some new strange behavior with my NAZA - If while flying I quickly bump the the left or right alieron stick and let it spring back to center the quad will wobble out of control until it crashes - I am not compeletly letting go of the stick and letting it fall back to center just bumping it - Anyone else seen this? I am using a DX8 and Ar8000 rx - latest firmware on the NAZA as well -

Mike
Nov 10, 2012, 08:22 AM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Quote:

Mike
I am not seeing this with my quad or hex, both on the latest firmware. Both machines rapidily go back to stable orientation no matter how I bump the sticks. Both are stock motors and escs, with a bit extra weight for landing gear and cameras. Both are using the gains listed on page 41 of the latest manual for all settings.
Nov 10, 2012, 08:53 AM
FPV junkie
Quote:
Can someone suggest a nice smooth servo for a camera gimbal? My pitch servo is very jittery. Something HXT900 sized metal gear would be good.
This is the one I was looking at.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...06sec_21g.html

I haven't progressed on the gimball though, because I ordered a QAV500
Nov 10, 2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Quick Question for you guys - I am seeing some new strange behavior with my NAZA - If while flying I quickly bump the the left or right alieron stick and let it spring back to center the quad will wobble out of control until it crashes - I am not compeletly letting go of the stick and letting it fall back to center just bumping it
Sounds like the gains are too high.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Nov 10, 2012, 10:44 AM
Brushless
Hey Bill - No problem with gains at all - I have run them high and low - both times it did the same thing- That was my first test Now I am finding another weird issue - I have one NAZA controller on 1.6 and one on 1.8 - The 1.8 works fine with my setup but the 1.6 firmware will not recognize my esc's - very strange -
Nov 10, 2012, 01:11 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Here are a couple bits to consider:
1. Of all the gear types, metal is the least precise and the noisiest. Metal is great on a 3D application because it is the most resistant to failure.
2. Karbonite (or Carbonite) is the most precise gear material and is quite strong, nylon the quietest.
3. Go for slower. You don't need a high speed servo (<.10s).
4. If you want smooth, try a high quality analog unit. Digital servos in the mini and micro size are jittery because they depend on being pre-loaded to quiet them down and they spend huge energy finding center!. So if your gimbal is near balanced at rest, the servos will jitter. Digitals can also be quite noisy (electrically).
5. Don't hard-stop your gimbal, set your endpoints to avoid overloading the servo.

Maybe give these a try:
Hitec HS55HB or HS65HB
Blue Bird BMS-373BB
Nov 10, 2012, 01:56 PM
multi rotors,foamies,car lover
Quote:
ok could you buy me dx8 ? my frysky module is more advance then a dx8 and why naza can even make working ? i build multirorotors since 2 years and i been using , fh-x46,kk board ,FF borard,hoverflypro , and never have any problem ,
why pay 400$ + another 400$ tx to make running this system lol!
Nov 10, 2012, 02:16 PM
multi rotors,foamies,car lover
so anyway the quad is ready i put the setting to tradition with my frysky module
and look like it work , i dont have any error , but i want to know how to calibrate the compass but i don't use the gps for now ,

so i need to use the 3 way switch ? i never used these before so its around 30% for each mode? i use the acro mode and i don't have the pitch curve and some use it with heli mode but i already try but i can't start my motor .
Last edited by windfou; Nov 10, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
Nov 10, 2012, 03:00 PM
Begin with end in mind...
From what I understand, Naza took care of the not recognizing third party ESC's with the 1.8 firmware. Try upgrading and see if it helps.

Mike

Quote:
Hey Bill - No problem with gains at all - I have run them high and low - both times it did the same thing- That was my first test Now I am finding another weird issue - I have one NAZA controller on 1.6 and one on 1.8 - The 1.8 works fine with my setup but the 1.6 firmware will not recognize my esc's - very strange -

Quick Reply