Sep 05, 2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites
Is there anything multicopters can't do?! Now they can be used to test the purity of water! I can't wait to check the pods near my house! [/sarcasm]
Good luck with that.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman
Flying my quad today with my other DJI quad buddy we both realised that my GPS lock wasnt working. It got me thinking as to how far away from other electronic equipment onboard are most other guys mounting theirs? As in height from everything else? Here is a picture of my setup at the moment, will i be needing to make mine taller tomorrow?

The closest electronics to it is obviously the battery, but below that is the IMU, and about 10cm away in 2 directions are 2 ESC's and about 5cm away to the front of the GPS is the AR8000 spektrum rx.

Cheers,

TS.
TS I have flown a configuration very similar to yours without a problem. My Rx and Satellite were mounted on the sides of the rear arms not on the top plate. Over on the WKM side some people are reporting white flashes with the Rx mounted on the top plate. Try moving it and see if your GPS improves. Also, I never take off until I have no red flashes.
Sep 05, 2012, 10:41 AM
Blu-Core is my friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
Good luck finding a 60A+ radio controlled switch.
Ya, thats what I am saying ...
I think I have something figured out more later...

Later,
Gundy
Sep 05, 2012, 10:44 AM
Blu-Core is my friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog1967
I would kinda figure out why you went down in the first place? That is if you haven't yet. Flying over water is risky. I do it a lot now but then I understand the potential loss. What caused it to flip over?? Prop break, motor die, esc short out, bad connection etc.
Using the stock props is not a good thing... I had read it several times never again.

Later,
Gundy
Sep 05, 2012, 10:45 AM
I never finish anyth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundy
Using the stock props is not a good thing... I had read it several times never again.

Later,
Gundy
Remember to inspect your nuts before flying too...
Sep 05, 2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites
Remember to inspect your nuts before flying too...
Well I always do

Water: as mentioned above, in distilled form is an excellent insulator, and places like Tektronix cal labs regularly wash their equipment in distilled showers. I have also seen demos of CRT TV's running submerged in distilled water. This is obviously not the ocean, and probably very few lakes that are this clean. But if your aircraft takes a swim, wash or submerge it completely in store bought distilled water, then let it dry for at least 24hrs before power. Hopefully the 1st contaminated dunking didn't kill it.
Sep 05, 2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
Last night I finished a post with this...
"No one has posted much about the true signal loss Failsafe. We assume that Failsafe is deactivated when the signal returns. It would be educational to hear from someone who experienced a signal loss Failsafe and remained calm enough to recount the experience. I have to wonder if it might pay to switch Failsafe on in a case like this in order to keep the airframe headed home when a link is re-established."
So, what do you think? If you know that radio communication is lost, should you switch on Failsafe to ensure that Naza stays in Failsafe?
Tj. I was out flying my tbs disc with a 9503 tx and r921 rx with one sat. Before i added a lpf on my 1.3 vtx i was right around 1/2 -3/4 mile and i noticed in my vid screen while in gps mode in fff the disco all of a sudden self leveled then went another few feet then leveled again. I can only assume it was radio sig loss and started to go into failsafe but then regained sig hence the self level twice. I turned around and headed home. I got my lpf in next day and now i can fly miles away. I cant say for sure if it was def. Going into f/s mode but the self level with no radio ctl sure seemed like it was. If this is the case then it will automatically go back to reg flying mode once you regain radio sig link. My rx and tx are both dsmx
Sep 05, 2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash8384
Tj. I was out flying my tbs disc with a 9503 tx and r921 rx with one sat. Before i added a lpf on my 1.3 vtx i was right around 1/2 -3/4 mile and i noticed in my vid screen while in gps mode in fff the disco all of a sudden self leveled then went another few feet then leveled again. I can only assume it was radio sig loss and started to go into failsafe but then regained sig hence the self level twice. I turned around and headed home. I got my lpf in next day and now i can fly miles away. I cant say for sure if it was def. Going into f/s mode but the self level with no radio ctl sure seemed like it was. If this is the case then it will automatically go back to reg flying mode once you regain radio sig link. My rx and tx are both dsmx
THANK YOU, yessssssssssssss, another believer for LPF, join the club, you will also notice the GPS is more stable about loosing satelites.

Mauro
Sep 05, 2012, 01:47 PM
never have lost sat lock but i did manage to fly 4 miles out and 4 miles back and when comming home i lost where i was and hit rth and land. she came home alright. but i aborted as i knew i had trashed the 4c 6000mah lipo strecthing the flight that far. any ways when i aborted as soon as she was over head it just fell so hard,. only my antenna was bent up thank goodness, rhcp skew planer, but i did manage 4 miles out which is my personal best for a quad. now i have new lipos and bigger motors ordered im going to go a bit farther

but yes, w/o a lpf i had crap. now its limited so far by my flight batt
Sep 05, 2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos
please let me know how to reset home after takeoff
Guess what ... this is in the manual
Quote:
When 6 or more GPS satellites are found (red blinks once or no blinking), you can slide X2 channel switch between (to a 3-position switch) Course Lock and Home Lock or (to a 2-position switch) OFF and Home Lock position quickly 3 to 5 times to record current position of multi-rotor as new home point. And LED will blink green quickly if recording is successful.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Sep 05, 2012, 04:05 PM
DanPhillips

Naza wont boot up

Hello, new naza user here. Loaded the driver and software, started configuring the software. I came back the next morning to find that the naza wont boot up.

Power on radio, plug in naza UV power, bright green light for about 2 seconds then bright red. If I plug in the usb, the light goes from bright green to a dim green.

Computer system does NOT see the device, light stays dim green and nothing works.

As I remember, upon power-up the yellow light would flash then other lights, cant remember. I cant get UAV Products to return my call (out for the holiday, and still not answering)

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Sep 05, 2012, 04:07 PM
I never finish anyth
No problems with the driver installation.
Sep 05, 2012, 04:10 PM
DanPhillips
no, no problems with driver - all things went well. Can not understand what happened.
Sep 05, 2012, 04:11 PM
DanPhillips
what color lights should blink when it boots up?
Sep 05, 2012, 04:13 PM
I never finish anyth
Quote:
Originally Posted by danphillips
what color lights should blink when it boots up?
You haven't read the manual. Please start there.

Quick Reply