Jun 11, 2012, 01:17 PM
Empire Support

Order Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRodent
TJ Gilbert,

When did you pre-order yours?
5/19/12
As soon as I was able to get to a computer after I heard that pre-order was open...
I don't like to buy much over my iPhone.
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Jun 11, 2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Clarify
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustflynow
Got my notification from quadcopter co uk that my order is being processed so it should me in a couple of days.
Their website said today that they had a limited number still in stock so I put in an order earlier ... hoping I'll get lucky.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Jun 11, 2012, 02:20 PM

Naza gps

Just arriving from UAVPRODUCTS (DJIUSA)

Thank´s Robert
Last edited by evolution503; Jun 11, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
Jun 11, 2012, 02:44 PM
I slope - therefore I am
Quote:
Got my notification from quadcopter co uk that my order is being processed so it should me in a couple of days.
Got mine today (Switzerland)
Jun 11, 2012, 03:09 PM

Installation and programming of GPS

Will those of you more knowledgeable be willing to do an installation video and a programming video of the GPS for us noobs. Tahoe Ed and others did great videos when the 450 came out. Thanks in advance.
Jun 11, 2012, 03:14 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
Quote:
Originally Posted by repodog
Will those of you more knowledgeable be willing to do an installation video and a programming video of the GPS for us noobs. Tahoe Ed and others did great videos when the 450 came out. Thanks in advance.
This would definietly be awesome if someone could take the time and make a vid or even just type something up...I know there is the manual, but we all know how "easy" it is to follow the DJI manual...J/K...but really a "how to" would be sweet...
Jun 11, 2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsurfnglide
this would definietly be awesome if someone could take the time and make a vid or even just type something up...i know there is the manual, but we all know how "easy" it is to follow the dji manual...j/k...but really a "how to" would be sweet...
+1000
Jun 11, 2012, 03:37 PM
Got mine today also.....box a bit smashed (USPS) , intsalled to my Naza/F450 and its up and flying....got toilet bowl, adjusted X,Y and Z again, re-calibrate and she is a holding in the wind.....thanks Robert..

-Don
Jun 11, 2012, 03:58 PM
DJI Naza GPS paid review (1 min 10 sec)

TC, is this a positive review, a negative review, or a review where if you can't say anything nice say nothing at all?

Your video reminds me how beautiful Japan is. I haven't been there since a kid. I will be taking my son there when he truns 13 so he can see why I think Japan is so unique. What region do you live in?
Jun 11, 2012, 06:01 PM
AKA 3DJIM
Quote:

Mine is on pre order with them too, but no email for me

Jim.
Jun 11, 2012, 06:02 PM
Postman delivered my GPS this afternoon, immediately installed on my F330 FPV quad. I had already upgraded to the correct version of firmware so it was just a matter of doing a little measuring and putting the distance parameters into the Assistant software, test the mode switch and it sees the GPS, time for a test.

Outside it seemed to be taking a long time to get a lock on satellites so I disconnected the main battery and then unplugged the video TX. On next power up it got full GPS lock in under a minute, put it in the air and flipped the switch to GPS, it held pretty good considering the gusty wind and the fact I didn't do any calibration yet.

Landed, unplugged the battery, reconnected power to the video TX, plugged the battery in. Went to two blinks and stayed there, looks like I need to reposition some of the bits which is going to be a problem on the little 330 frame. I'll try a few things and calibrate the compass while I'm at it, but so far it looks like a good solid GPS, as good or better than the two WKM I have.
Jun 11, 2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert
Got mine from Robert today.
As far as I know, UAV Products/DJI USA is the oldest DJI dealer here in the US.
If you wanted the GPS fast, why did you not order directly from their lead dealer?

Also, Robert, you took a big chance using the USPS cardstock envelope to send these in. The NAZA/GPS box was slightly flattened, but the contents appear to be okay. We'll see...
I agree ,got mine today box was crunched a little.
Jun 11, 2012, 06:26 PM
STOP DUMBING DOWN MY SKY
Been offered a good deal on an 8ch Sanwa TX but it only offers failsafe in first 4 channels. Is this enough for setting LOS RTH on the nasa GPS or do I need failsafe on all channels?
Jun 11, 2012, 07:05 PM
Empire Support

GPS Mounted and Connected

I got my custom mounting plate fabricated from copper clad G10, attached it to the top plate, mounted the GPS and snaked the GPS wire through the maze of wires in the center of my 450 Flamewheel to connect it to the Naza controller.
All is well and complete. It went very easily and in spite of the wire maze, I did not have to take the Flamewheel apart.
I don't have the time, energy, or patience to program it tonight as it's been a looooooong day.
I'll tackle that tomorrow night and try to post pics of my setup as promised about two weeks ago...
Jun 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
Here is my 1st vid w/GPS on my Naza F450. Just a quick test flight, take off in atti mode, get a little height and switch to GPS, do a 360 spin using rudder trim, video myself w/Tx on the ground, flip a 180 and back into atti mode and fly around the yard and annoy the dog, cats and neighbors.

Not much, just initial GPS test, got full lock in about 30 sec.

First GPS Naza Quadcopter Flight (4 min 39 sec)

-Don

Quick Reply