FrSky telemetry app for Android phones - Page 45 - RC Groups
Jul 03, 2015, 06:19 AM
Hi HaPe,
Thanks for your explanation.
My Wishlist is the following: (Anyone to add/suggest better...)

1. Better vario sound: More levels of frequency & pitch (as per example above)
2. Voice not mentioning decimals (Thanks MasterB, forgot about this)
3. Adjustable negative sound alert, positive start-level may be fixed at 0.3 or 0? Also adj.?

It took so long for me to come up with these comments because I stepped in a lot later. (Nov 2014) and when I did, it did not work until ~2 weeks ago with the new version.
Thanks for the good work.
Bob
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2015, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPe
But I understand your wish to define yourself at which descend rate to start with sink tones. In one of the next updates I will implement a function for this. I simply wonder why it took so long time to come up with such a request ?
I can't speak for others of course but I have never used my FRSKY hub vario as I discovered in testing that it was unable to discriminate even reasonably large altitude changes.

Since the release of the HP Sport vario I have used it on my X series receivers.
Jul 10, 2015, 12:49 PM
Hello,
I try to update from 3.2.0 to 3.2.2.
UPdate fail with a message : unknown error code during app installation "505"
smartphone Moto G android 5.0.2
Thanks for your help
Regards
Thierry
Blog : http://thebreizmaker.wordpress.com/
Jul 13, 2015, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excamaniac
Hello,
I try to update from 3.2.0 to 3.2.2.
UPdate fail with a message : unknown error code during app installation "505"
smartphone Moto G android 5.0.2
Thanks for your help
Regards
Thierry
Hello,
since last android update to version 5.x there are obviously some problems with the rights management at some devices. This is a general problem and has nothing to do with this app.

Here the Google advice how to deal with this:
1. uninstall the app with problems - including all internal data; e.g. preferences
2. use an uninstaller from the play store if necessary to achive this ( e.g. : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nstaller&hl=pl)
3. re- install the app.

Meanwhile many users could update to app version 3.2.2 – even with Android 5.0.2 without any problem.
If the Google advice fails I’m afraid you need to wait until Motorola provides an update for your device – or to downgrade android to a version which works.
Aug 04, 2015, 10:15 AM

Version 3.3.0 published

Hello all,
meanwhile I started to realize some of your whishes and proposals.

Version 3.3.0 has now been uploaded with the following changes/ modifications, selectable on the ‘sensor select’ page
- no decimals for height values as option
- definable sink rate to start sink tone
- total voltage bug on cell page fixed

What I can’t realize:
- better vario sound.
As I know, the android system is simply not capable to emulate a sound synthesizer in real time, necessary for an improved vario sound, nor do most mobile phones have the required cpu power for this. If someone has a solution for this I would of course try my best to implement it.

- Trace route on Google map including movie function ( flown route as mp3)
According to my knowledge this is not allowed by the Google license policies and requires a business license with license fee, which I don’t have.

Have fun
HaPe
Aug 08, 2015, 12:38 PM
Hey, thanks for listening to requests
I will test this as soon as I can.
Aug 14, 2015, 06:47 AM
hello,

not so good advice: I uninstall my functionnal version but now impossible to install upper upgrade... i lost all...
I had to wait for an hypothetical upgrade of my mobile...
I'd better to satisfy me from my old 3.2.0...

a way to reinstall the old one ?

Regards

Thierry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPe
Hello,
since last android update to version 5.x there are obviously some problems with the rights management at some devices. This is a general problem and has nothing to do with this app.

Here the Google advice how to deal with this:
1. uninstall the app with problems - including all internal data; e.g. preferences
2. use an uninstaller from the play store if necessary to achive this ( e.g. : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nstaller&hl=pl)
3. re- install the app.

Meanwhile many users could update to app version 3.2.2 – even with Android 5.0.2 without any problem.
If the Google advice fails I’m afraid you need to wait until Motorola provides an update for your device – or to downgrade android to a version which works.
Sep 02, 2015, 03:31 PM
I have been flying in the weekend and with the version 3.3 we now have the sink-tone adjustable and this is a great improvement. Also, the voice does not bother me again about decimals when informing me height, also a usefull improvement. I created a nice graph in txt format and the result from Excel is attached.

There are two problems that I could not get my finger around which was quite anoying: I had some problems to get the voice speaking to me. I checked all setting several times, restarted the app, changed sound settings and for unknown reason, she starts talking to me. Later that day, I had the same problem again. People started to think why I came to the field since I was looking at my phone all the time.

The second problem was that the app can be "caught" in the alarm page. When I try to escape from the page, it shortly asks if I want to adjust my battery cells voltage (with an ok-button) but after half a second, it disappears and returns to the alarm page. It is impossible to get out. Even a restart return to this problem. This problem occured already in the older versions and I have red the same problem from someone else. I am not sure why the app is asking me about battery cell voltages while I do not want any alarm on any input.

Another smaller problem was that the voice was pretty soft and the vario tones quite loud. I could not find a setting that could change the volume ratio between the two.

Further a small glitch is that the floppy-dik icon which controls the logger, does not necessarily have the correct color. It turns green when I start logging which is ok. Should be red when idle. But after logging a while, the icon turns red automatically. When pressed again, the logger de-activates. So the logger is okay but the indicator maybe not.

I realy appreciate the work that has been done to get this app so far. I also know that we are in end-life. I hope there may be an update somewhere in the future... Thanks Hartmut.

Bob
Last edited by pluto99; Sep 02, 2015 at 05:03 PM.
Sep 04, 2015, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto99
I have been flying in the weekend and with the version 3.3 we now have the sink-tone adjustable and this is a great improvement. Also, the voice does not bother me again about decimals when informing me height, also a usefull improvement. I created a nice graph in txt format and the result from Excel is attached.

There are two problems that I could not get my finger around which was quite anoying: I had some problems to get the voice speaking to me. I checked all setting several times, restarted the app, changed sound settings and for unknown reason, she starts talking to me. Later that day, I had the same problem again. People started to think why I came to the field since I was looking at my phone all the time.

The second problem was that the app can be "caught" in the alarm page. When I try to escape from the page, it shortly asks if I want to adjust my battery cells voltage (with an ok-button) but after half a second, it disappears and returns to the alarm page. It is impossible to get out. Even a restart return to this problem. This problem occured already in the older versions and I have red the same problem from someone else. I am not sure why the app is asking me about battery cell voltages while I do not want any alarm on any input.

Another smaller problem was that the voice was pretty soft and the vario tones quite loud. I could not find a setting that could change the volume ratio between the two.

Further a small glitch is that the floppy-dik icon which controls the logger, does not necessarily have the correct color. It turns green when I start logging which is ok. Should be red when idle. But after logging a while, the icon turns red automatically. When pressed again, the logger de-activates. So the logger is okay but the indicator maybe not.

I realy appreciate the work that has been done to get this app so far. I also know that we are in end-life. I hope there may be an update somewhere in the future... Thanks Hartmut.

Bob
Hi Bob,
thanks a lot for testing and feedback, which helps all of us.

1. Alarm page settings

- for the graphical view of values min and max values have to be set. This is always required for the cell view page, but normally pre-set with typical values when setting up a new model. Please check this and set your min/max values values once ( it's stored fore future use automatically) - even if don't use it.

2. Tone/voice settings

- ok, understood. I will add a glider to set loudness for voice and vario tone seperately

3. Logging icon

- I need to check.

Regards
HaPe
Aug 05, 2016, 01:53 PM

New and last update

Hello all,

just in case that someone is still watching this thread I want to give a new and very likely last information.

Although I stopped all development on this app already a while ago I made now a new and final update to version 3.4.0 with the following modifications:

- separate volume settings for vario and messages
- debugging modified (Samsung S4/S4mini bug)
- alarm handling optimized
- 2 color RSSI bar ( < min alarm setting -->red bar; > min alarm setting --> green bar)

Update comes automatically via Google play store as usual.

Since the demand for this app now has decreased to a very low level and since I decided to close this kind of business the app is offered free of charge as of now.

Thank you very much to all of you for the very constructive discussions and forum contributions, which finally made the app as rich in features as it now is.

Best regards
HaPe
Sep 28, 2017, 05:19 AM
Chch, NZ
Hi HaPe,
Looks like a good app.
Do you know of any way to get the Taranis telemetry out of the newer radios using bluetooth?
I seem to be hitting a wall with this...