FrSky telemetry app for Android phones - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jun 07, 2012, 11:33 AM
wic
wic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPe
may be you get it now because I compiled it for Android Version14 rather Version 8 .
Now I have in the last version a new error if I set the RSSI alarm to 45. In the saved settings are written 45. (+ point) and the alarm go all time.

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2012, 01:05 PM
Hi Andy,

on my Android2.3 phone this doesn't happen. The alarm comes up only when
a) I set it to 45
b) checked it
and
c) turned off the radio

In this case the FrSky hub sends a 40 ( lowest value ) and of course the (to 45 set) alarm comes up.

But I put it to the bug list and will double-check.

When checking this I saw, that the alarm page is not propperly shown anymore. I don't know when and how this happened, but I will fix it.
Gruß
Hartmut
Jun 07, 2012, 01:06 PM
Hi Andy,
what´s about the Alarm on your Hack Modul?
Did you set the Alarm off?

I will Check tomorrow if this happen also on my device , but till now I never recognized that ( My Modul Alarms are all set off)

Regarding your differnce in the Cell voltage monitor. I double checked it on both verisons A 2.4 and A 4.0).
The App shows exactly the same value as the Fr Sky Sensor which is connected to the balancer plug of accu.
Do you use the cell monitor FLVS-01 with the OLED display?
http://http://frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=111

Regards / Grüße

Thorsten
Jun 07, 2012, 01:15 PM
wic
wic
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsten5
Hi Andy,
what´s about the Alarm on your Hack Modul?
Did you set the Alarm off?

Do you use the cell monitor FLVS-01 with the OLED display?
Hi Thorsten,

no, ther alarms at the FRSKY-modul are aktiv, but they dont say nothing. The vaoice say also the RSSI is more than 60 db at this time. And the FLD-02 show also more than 60 db at this time.

And YES, I use the FLVS-01.

Andy
Jun 07, 2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
I like this idea so much I started looking for an Android Tablet last night.. Now my head hurts as I am brand new to this Android thing, and it seems to be mottled with all the typical PC clone crazy stuff.. Was wanting to use it for more than just this application, so a 7" tablet sounded interesting, but finding an affordable one with bluetooth seems a challenge. Ended up confused at the end, so your solution of a used phone sounds pretty good to me for now.. Get to know Android a bit more with minimal cost.

-Wayne
Wayne - take a look at this one. Bluetooth and GPS. Maybe a little spendy

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy...102734&sr=1-14

- Bob -
Jun 07, 2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah.. I'm debating spending that much.. All of the $100 - $150 cheapo's got me tempted.. Not sure I want to spend $250 on one at this time.. Just not sure how much I'd use it around the house.
Jun 07, 2012, 06:19 PM
Excellent work, works great on my phone and my cheap $60 android tablet, both running 2.3!!!

Gruß
Adrian
Jun 07, 2012, 06:34 PM
Hello Andy,

RSSI alarm bug identified and fixed. Please download new (_2b) version and try again.
Gruß
Hartmut
Jun 07, 2012, 06:49 PM
wic
wic
Quote:
RSSI alarm bug identified and fixed. Please download new (_2b) version and try again.
Hi Hartmut,

have download the last version now. I will test it after sleeping. Good night

Andy
Jun 08, 2012, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wic
Hello Hartmut,

working fine at my samsung galaxy s2.
But the problem with the cell voltage is the same. It shows all time 0.51 Volts smaller tham the lipo-sensor and the FLD-02 on a 3 cell lipo.

Andy
Hi Andy,
as promissed I checked again what you´ve mentioned regarding cell voltage monitoring.

I still found no Issue, see picture attached.

Question:
1) Do you have a differnce between cell voltage display of FLD-02 (LCD) and the app?
2) Do you have a difference between FLVS 01 ( cell voltage sensor with OLED Display) and the app?

Remark: When I measure the cell voltage with a voltmeter it is exactly the same value as shown on the FLVS-01.
The Screen of the App is max. 0,01V away from both values ( Amperemeter and FLVS-01) . This might be a result of calculating, but 0,01V difference is in tolerance.

Which Hardware ( Frsky Modul, receiver, Hub, sensors, etc) do you use?
Everything updated to V2 ( also receiver, Hub and Modul) ?

Sorry, for me it looks like a issue on your hardware side.
Could you provide pictures of Cell Voltage from Android, app, FLVS 01, and the FLD 02?

Thanks,

Thorsten
Jun 08, 2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Hi Poul,

I do not have the knowledge nor do I have an iPhone for testing.
It may sound strange – but I recommend to buy one of the very cheap used Android 2.x phones from the well known market place. By mounting this to your radio you are always prepared and can protect your more expensive iPhone.
Thanks for your answer, I'll now be on the market for a Android 2,3 phone - I hope not to spend more than 200US$ on the phone, we'll see.
Regards Poul.
Jun 08, 2012, 05:28 AM
wic
wic
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsten5
Hi Andy,
as promissed I checked again what you´ve mentioned regarding cell voltage monitoring.

I still found no Issue, see picture attached.

Question:
1) Do you have a differnce between cell voltage display of FLD-02 (LCD) and the app?
2) Do you have a difference between FLVS 01 ( cell voltage sensor with OLED Display) and the app?

Remark: When I measure the cell voltage with a voltmeter it is exactly the same value as shown on the FLVS-01.
The Screen of the App is max. 0,01V away from both values ( Amperemeter and FLVS-01) . This might be a result of calculating, but 0,01V difference is in tolerance.

Which Hardware ( Frsky Modul, receiver, Hub, sensors, etc) do you use?
Everything updated to V2 ( also receiver, Hub and Modul) ?

Sorry, for me it looks like a issue on your hardware side.
Could you provide pictures of Cell Voltage from Android, app, FLVS 01, and the FLD 02?
The Values on Lipo-sensor and FLD-02 are the same. Today I have download the newest version and there it shows at the first start after deleting all old settings (files) the right values. After set all sensors and alarms it shows again wrong values. A other thing is now that after start the programm I have very fast go back from settings. If I do it not in the first second, then the android is out of order till I make a hardware reset.

BUT, now it is working also in backround! (THANKS).

I can live without the cellvoltage.

Pictures and more informations I can send on monday, because I go over the weekend sailing.

OT: Habt ein schönes Wochenende und liebe Grüße aus Finnland

Andy
Jun 08, 2012, 09:02 AM
Do you know if it possible to update via the Playstore ?
Jun 08, 2012, 09:29 AM
Hallo michel49,

update via play store or AndroidPit etc may come. But right now you need to use my download page and install it yourself.
Hartmut
Jun 08, 2012, 06:29 PM
Dear all,

before going on vacation for a week I tried to fix as much bugs as possible. Thank you for your valuable feedback so far.
I hope I eliminated more bugs than having produced new ones !
At the end of the day it led to an updated version V1.2.0b, which is now available on the download page (http://www.hapeweb.com/download.html)
Major achievements:
- GPS speed is now separately selectable on the ‘select sensor’ setting page

- (baro) height and GPS height page now shows the absolute height above sea level instead of the min-value, which anyhow is typically zero ( relative to start point). This indicates that the sensor is working properly.

- The alarm logic is completely rebuild ( needs still additional checking ). When alarms come up the main page switches to the last alarm spoken. The value on this sensor page is shown in red to indicate a problem

I will be back in about 1 week. Not sure whether I can respond to the forum in between. This is your time to test the app.
Regards
Hartmut