Jun 05, 2012, 07:07 PM
Dreamer
Thread OP
New Product

New inertia camera frame from Goodluckbuy

Goodluck buy have recently offered a carbon frame with an inertia type camera gimbal.

Mini650 Carbon Fiber Folding Frame Hex Rotor Hexa Multicopter FPV Aircraft with Steadicam PTZ Camera Mount
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/mini650-c...era-mount.html .

It looks interesting but also closely resembles this one ... http://ecilop.tv/ and
The third model of the Ecilop drone (2 min 19 sec)
ps ... I am in no way connected with the stupidity of flying over a crowd as is shown in the clip.
At the price listed it is very cheap and can be built up in a number of configurations. Has anyone seen one of these frames yet. .... ??
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2012, 07:08 PM
Dreamer
Thread OP
Jun 05, 2012, 07:11 PM
lolz they are already copying it. Ecilop is gonna be pi***d
Jun 05, 2012, 07:12 PM
I'm New
Damn that's crazy with clones
Jun 05, 2012, 11:27 PM
Man it doesnt take them long!!

6 rotor version of Ecilop for $130. Gonna keep my eye on this!
Jun 06, 2012, 12:01 AM
Dreamer
Thread OP
It's tempting to buy one to check out, but at the same time it's kind of wrong if its ripping off someone else's concept. Suppose this type of stabalise camera mount is nothing new ... except maybe seeing it on a multirotor.
Also interesting that it can be built in a multitude of different configurations.
Jun 06, 2012, 03:11 AM
manual flying apologist
This is almost getting laughable.

People are going to stop posting their ideas on RCG with as often as this is now happening.

I really don't get it.

This frame looks terrible and cheap. There is no way it is going to be 90% of the real thing and I'm not even sold on the idea with the real one.
Jun 06, 2012, 03:13 AM
I'm New
yup, looks like the gimbal will get stuck and sticky with movement.

and like @adidas4275 said, people would'nt want to create things here since it'll be copied.
Jun 06, 2012, 03:39 AM
Dreamer
Thread OP
It is the way of the world unfortunately... seems even international patent does not apply in China. Backed by a mindset that copying things is fine (proudly announced as "reverse engineering"). It is difficult to judge the quality or operation from the pictures shown on the site. Could be anything from very good to very poor ... a lucky dip.
Jun 06, 2012, 05:00 AM
manual flying apologist
It is only the way of they make $$ at it.

Consumers have the power (when informed)
Jun 06, 2012, 05:06 AM
There is already a thread for this:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1656651

There you can see that he did not copy Aleksey (ecilop.eu) directly but another Chinese guy which copied Aleksey in the meantime. You don't need to be a prophet to see that this is very likely USD 130 worth of junk.
Jun 06, 2012, 07:44 AM
Linux Compatible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~
There is already a thread for this:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1656651

There you can see that he did not copy Aleksey (ecilop.eu) directly but another Chinese guy which copied Aleksey in the meantime. You don't need to be a prophet to see that this is very likely USD 130 worth of junk.
I own a spider quad frame made by DiVi. Although I had some issues seeing as I got the first batch of frames with finish quality, it is in fact a full carbon frame. Everything fit well, and it flies amazing.

I wouldn't be so quick to call something junk (whether it's a copy or not) before actually seeing the frame in person.

Whether this is DiVi's frame being sold on GLB or a GLB copy of DiVi's frame has yet to be seen.

As well although this copies the concept, I don't see it as an exact 1:1 copy. Look how many different spider frames there are; don't you think that concept originated with 1 designer? Why aren't there threads for every spider quad saying it's a copy?
Jun 06, 2012, 08:36 AM
I kinda agree with machina. The concept has been copied over, yes. So who made the original quad? or the original hex? everything else that's new now is simply a clone or copy of that.... life would be so boring.....
Jun 06, 2012, 06:21 PM
Dreamer
Thread OP
As ~>Miha<~ pointed out there is a thread discussing this frame already, and reading through that there is also copying within china. Chinese copies, copying chinese copies of someone else's idea.
It is a shame that the original designers loose the recognition and financial gain they deserve, but if this were the case there would be little drive for refinement and competition to bring pricing down to a realistic level for the masses.
Jun 11, 2012, 09:29 AM
They have done a Cinestar clone as well. Quadrorotor is going to be pissed as well. Who else?

Quick Reply