Thread Tools
Aug 15, 2012, 07:57 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Thanks guys. I'll see what I can do.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2012, 07:18 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Hey, guys. Finally received my 2 pair of wings in the mail today. Bout time..
Aug 17, 2012, 04:43 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO
Hey, guys. Finally received my 2 pair of wings in the mail today. Bout time..
Great, does ur bird glide straight?
Aug 17, 2012, 05:43 AM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Probably this weekend.
Aug 17, 2012, 05:49 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO
Probably this weekend.
Ok xD im having a real hard time making my bird fly straight and glide straight :< it either glides in circles poorly or it flies too much to one of its side depending on the "ballast" alluminium tapes i put, i cant get a proper gliding and proper flying at the same time
Aug 20, 2012, 11:08 AM
Sky HawK's Avatar
G-LO,

I do apologize for the delay in getting you your wings, normally they ship within a day or two when I am here.

Just got a few sample V2s last week, really like them so far! Seem like they made some good improvements over the first bird. I'll let you guys know when I can expect the birds and extra parts in stock!
Aug 20, 2012, 11:09 AM
Sky HawK's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary_Agent
Ok xD im having a real hard time making my bird fly straight and glide straight :< it either glides in circles poorly or it flies too much to one of its side depending on the "ballast" alluminium tapes i put, i cant get a proper gliding and proper flying at the same time
I've noticed this too and it seems that it depends on the position the wings are in when they stop flapping. Of course, I have much better luck with flying indoors both gliding and under power. It behaves more responsibly and I can better predict what it will do. The V2 seems to fly quite a bit better than the original!
Aug 20, 2012, 12:06 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
No problem sky hawk. I'm glad it came. For a moment there, I was getting a delayed Kinkade attack...two emails with no response.
Aug 21, 2012, 05:39 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky HawK
I've noticed this too and it seems that it depends on the position the wings are in when they stop flapping. Of course, I have much better luck with flying indoors both gliding and under power. It behaves more responsibly and I can better predict what it will do. The V2 seems to fly quite a bit better than the original!
It doesnt depend on the position only, on full throtle it clearly goes to the right when not using ballast and going to the left when flapping slowly or gliding.
IF i add the ballast it flies a straight-is on full throtle however it goes even worse to the left when flapping slowly or gliding, i believe the wings are too different to make it work properly, wings should always be designed the same left and right, or a bit bigger gap in the left and thats something manual labor is not going to do.
Last edited by Legendary_Agent; Aug 21, 2012 at 04:56 PM.
Aug 23, 2012, 12:38 PM
Sky HawK's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO
No problem sky hawk. I'm glad it came. For a moment there, I was getting a delayed Kinkade attack...two emails with no response.
That's my fault, moving the email to a different server was a giant PITA. But, it's all good now!

LA, I agree about the wings, they are all put together by hand and each one is a little different, just as each bird is a little different. I have one that will glide really nice, but flies a little crooked under power and another that flies dead straight but does the spiral glide. Wish I could combine the two of them!
Aug 27, 2012, 05:38 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky HawK
That's my fault, moving the email to a different server was a giant PITA. But, it's all good now!

LA, I agree about the wings, they are all put together by hand and each one is a little different, just as each bird is a little different. I have one that will glide really nice, but flies a little crooked under power and another that flies dead straight but does the spiral glide. Wish I could combine the two of them!
xD believe me i know what you mean, all in all still the best micro orni around.
Aug 28, 2012, 09:38 PM
Registered User
Any news on when you will be getting these in stock SkyHawk?
Aug 29, 2012, 10:19 AM
Sky HawK's Avatar
I literally just got off the phone and I should have them mid-October! I'll keep you all up to date.

Just an FYI, the V1 wings and tails do fit the V2 if you need any spares. I know the first run was very limited and a lucky few got the new version from our store in France. I'm excited for the new ones to start coming in!
Oct 03, 2012, 09:58 AM
How do I change this text?
Darth_Elevator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky HawK
...should have them mid-October! I'll keep you all up to date...
Subscribed. Planning on getting a V2.
Oct 03, 2012, 10:16 AM
Registered User
The V2.0 has more power, better control and flies longer. It has a pretty paint-job and is quieter. I would thus guess that not only is the LIPO more powerful, but also the motors & mechanisms seem improved ... incl. the servo function!

Thus the V2.0 is easier to fly in my tiny livingroom than the V1 [although the V1 is still easy enough].

Lee


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New Avitron with 0.6g 2.4ghz RX Veteran Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 10 Dec 26, 2015 10:48 AM
Discussion avitron v1 vs avitron v2 what are the differences? Legendary_Agent Ornithopters 7 Jun 05, 2012 05:37 AM
Discussion avitron v1 vs avitron v2 what are the differences? Legendary_Agent Ornithopters 0 Jun 01, 2012 02:38 AM
For Sale Paris control board v2.0 and v3.0 Talajouy Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Feb 28, 2012 01:52 PM
Discussion F3JScore v2.0.0.17, help... garfield.v Sailplane Talk 2 May 17, 2010 02:45 PM