Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:43 PM
Find More Posts by Sculptor
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Question

Body work on a foam plane

Body work on a foam plane.

I'm new to the board and I'm sure there is a thread on this. Can you direct me to it if I've again posted in the wrong place?

As a new flyer training himself (with the help of this board, a sim and Mr. Carpenters book).

My trainer is a 55" powered 'Sky Sufer', I've beaten the nose so for under that we all call it the eagle.

The point is with this plane I learned to fly. I have a romantic attachment to it I want to make it look again.

DJ
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 05:25 AM
Ldm
Find More Posts by Ldm
Ldm
Its not really in the Giant class , but for your answer , you can simply take the following actions
1)buy foam , carve what you need from any Hardware store and add pieces as needed .
2)you can try light weight filler, add , allow to dry , sand and paint
3)you can try light weight balsa , carve the bumpy parts out , add the balsa , sand to shape , cover with light weight film and paint ,
its all about what your comfortable with and your ability to sand and carve
Old Jun 07, 2012, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by rtbates
I've had good luck using drywall spackle like automotive bondo as body filler...
Old Jun 07, 2012, 11:07 PM
Find More Posts by wizard of odd
The naked airframe "kit" version of the Sky Surfer/Bixler is available from Hobby King for around $32: Instant spare parts!