New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2012, 05:01 AM
Find More Posts by MrDanny
Discussion

Hobbyking ECO6 balanced charger shorted? help...

Hello!

This is my first post on these forums
So, today I encountered a problem with my ECO6 charger...
I've had this charger for three months now, but I'm still a newbie with these.
What happened was, I tried to charge a Pb battery with it and when I connected the battery to the charger it just started smoking. So, I immediately disconnected it. The charger was still powering on fine afterwards but two buttons didn't work.

So, I opened the charger and noticed that a resistor had gone off. It had burned a bit which had caused the ribbon cable to burn a little also.

Does anyone know what resistor the burned one is? I'm gonna buy a new resistor but it's really hard to read those color codes... Can someone help me with this... maybe post a picture of the interior of their ECO6 charger.

Thanks!!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 05:35 AM
Find More Posts by modelheliflyer

Replacement of burned resistor

Hi,

I think that I can help you.
I replace these resistor with R05 2W. If you can't find it use 2 resistors R1 1W parallel.

I hope that you can repair your burned charger.

Best regards,
Modelheliflyer
Old Nov 30, 2013, 08:33 AM
Find More Posts by mohdreduan
i can;t find R05 2W, i also have hobbyking charger "short err"

all 2 resistor is burned. i not so sure what resistor i have to replace it

please help