Peter Rake Heinkel He-51 prototype, with full video - Page 18 - RC Groups
Dec 01, 2012, 10:07 PM
Manzano Laser Works
Looks great! Nice job.

-=tom=-
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2013, 02:44 AM
What's 3D?

Arlo got some happy snaps for me while testing out his new lens, Cheers mate!

Craig
Jan 03, 2013, 04:00 AM
a.k.a Maltone
Beaut shots Craig - I love the blurred background.......nice photography

point-and-shoot Pat
Jan 03, 2013, 04:42 AM
What's 3D?
Cheers Pat, Arlo is very handy with the camera. Glad ya like the blurring, you wouldn't mind my photography, I manage to blur the background with the foreground, the middle ground is usually just a fuzzy mess as well, but is atleast still in the middle where it belongs

Cheers
Craig
Jan 03, 2013, 08:31 AM
It's a fine fiddly business.
Really nice flying and in flight photography.
Best,
Robert
Jan 04, 2013, 12:49 AM
Looks great, you did this one proud!
Great looking model and nice flier.
Jan 13, 2013, 03:00 AM
Failure is not an option

Hey Craig

Looks "the business" great job on one of my favorites....
Rob
Jan 13, 2013, 08:46 AM
What's 3D?
Cheers Rob, she was a real pleasure to build, and flys a treat, Pete kicked a goal with this one, flew like a dream straight off the bat!

Cheers
Craig
Feb 24, 2013, 11:05 PM
What a beauty! I may have new favorite bipe
Mar 22, 2013, 11:59 AM
Failure is not an option
Craig - I finally went through this post in some detail and very nice building job and documenting the process. I am currently working on a 72" design of this airplane..

Also liked the pic of Coco....Here are my 4 rescued pugs
Rob
Mar 22, 2013, 01:27 PM
Übung macht den Meister..
Quote:
Originally Posted by casor
Craig - I finally went through this post in some detail and very nice building job and documenting the process. I am currently working on a 72" design of this airplane..

Also liked the pic of Coco....Here are my 4 rescued pugs
Rob
I have the Dick Murray plans, as published in RCM (and purchased from the now-apparently-troubled RCMPlans store...) at about the same span, to be e-converted. Will you be posting a thread on RCG? I'd be very interested to see how overbuilt the IC version would be!

James
Mar 22, 2013, 02:50 PM
Failure is not an option
James I also have those plans and took a few component ideas from them but generally way too overbuilt as I remember. I have so many airplane projects going on that I will have to see when I am going to finish this thing. It was design by a friend with my help in solidworks, but he only did the fuselage. I have a number of glass components to do and the wings which aren't that bad but I want scale rib spacing. The design concept was to base the entire fuselage airframe around a fwd box structure that would pick up the lower wing, LG, motor, servos and the formers. This would also be used as a batt box.

There are only a few components that are glued together, almost the entire thing as you see it interference fit, interlocking parts.
Rob
Mar 22, 2013, 04:10 PM
Übung macht den Meister..
Very nice, Rob!

It's been a while since I looked over the Murray plans, but I do recall quite a bit of structure! However, it seems pretty common for most of the IC-powered model plans I've seen, particularly from that era.

I have a bunch of such plans that I'd love to work over with e-power in mind...

James
Mar 22, 2013, 05:32 PM
Failure is not an option
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce
Very nice, Rob!

It's been a while since I looked over the Murray plans, but I do recall quite a bit of structure! However, it seems pretty common for most of the IC-powered model plans I've seen, particularly from that era.

I have a bunch of such plans that I'd love to work over with e-power in mind...

James
Always good to look at how others solved problems so you don't reinvent the wheel but most designs I have seen are way too overbuilt even for gas powered models.
Mar 22, 2013, 09:47 PM
David
What are the chance of this being kitted?

David