Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:38 PM
wrightme is offline
Find More Posts by wrightme
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecee View Post
Make up your mind.
It isn't my mind that is at odds with things.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:40 PM
wrightme is offline
Find More Posts by wrightme
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
Well ,he is a fool because his actions got him killed.
No, the overreactions of CostCo got him killed. His actions didn't have that as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard
BTW What threat was present for the man to need a weapon? Its easy for you to understand the man needs self defence but you are reluctant to admit some people see HIM as the threat or have a right to be concerned. The store/police tried to eliminate and worry in a civil manner and the FOOL couldnt comply.
If a man awaits a threat to present itself, it is too late to get one.

Do you await a fire in your kitchen to go to the store for an extinguisher, or do you buy one without the threat of fire being directly evident?
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:41 PM
wrightme is offline
Find More Posts by wrightme
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
I'm wondering how many times a Costco ( or whatever) employee has approached a gun carrying customer, explained their policy, asked for him to leave and the customer politely says "Honey, I'll wait for you out in the car"?
Maybe it happens a lot.
Or, you are simply making that up for effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W
Then again that requires a rational reaction by the customer, something that is pretty difficult to expect from someone on big doses of pain meds.
Responding with 'no thank you, I will finish my shopping first if that is okay' is also appropriate.
There are other rational responses other than simply acquiescing to the request.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:48 PM
DLGjunkyard is offline
Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Registered User
DLGjunkyard's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
No, the overreactions of CostCo got him killed. His actions didn't have that as a result.
If a man awaits a threat to present itself, it is too late to get one.

Do you await a fire in your kitchen to go to the store for an extinguisher, or do you buy one without the threat of fire being directly evident?
which is why he was called out first of all. Ask yourself this. Do you think I might be the kind of person to report a suspicious man with a firearm? Of course, I would.
I would like to hear your thoughts as to why someone found him as a concern.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:55 PM
wrightme is offline
Find More Posts by wrightme
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
which is why he was called out first of all. Ask yourself this. Do you think I might be the kind of person to report a suspicious man with a firearm? Of course, I would.
I would like to hear your thoughts as to why someone found him as a concern.
???

I am not the one claiming he is 'a concern.' You would need to ask someone like yourself.

I was in the local radio shack a few months ago, and there was a man open carrying. His gun didn't jump out of the holster and menace anyone. He was shopping with a woman who I assume was his wife or gf; very much like Erik Scott was doing.

No one called in a MWAG, the employees didn't act concerned or treat him/them as different from the other customers in the store; who didn't go running out screaming for some reason.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:11 PM
Kenny Sharp is offline
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
???

I am not the one claiming he is 'a concern.' You would need to ask someone like yourself.

I was in the local radio shack a few months ago, and there was a man open carrying. His gun didn't jump out of the holster and menace anyone. He was shopping with a woman who I assume was his wife or gf; very much like Erik Scott was doing.

No one called in a MWAG, the employees didn't act concerned or treat him/them as different from the other customers in the store; who didn't go running out screaming for some reason.
I would have confronted him.... and ask him why he needed to carry a phallic symbol on his waist exposed to everyone.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:18 PM
wrightme is offline
Find More Posts by wrightme
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
I would have confronted him.... and ask him why he needed to carry a phallic symbol on his waist exposed to everyone.
Why? To 'prove' you are somehow better than he because you aren't carrying a firearm?

Why confront him at all? Why not simply leave him alone?
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:25 PM
Kenny Sharp is offline
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
Why? To 'prove' you are somehow better than he because you aren't carrying a firearm?

Why confront him at all? Why not simply leave him alone?
Because he's got no business carrying a gun.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:27 PM
wrightme is offline
Find More Posts by wrightme
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Because he's got no business carrying a gun.
How so? Why would it take 'business' for a citizen to carry a firearm, which is lawful activity? Who are YOU to judge what is 'his business' or not?
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:30 PM
Kenny Sharp is offline
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
How so? Why would it take 'business' for a citizen to carry a firearm, which is lawful activity? Who are YOU to judge what is 'his business' or not?
I am a citizen that's who.... He is a threat.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:30 PM
D W is offline
D W
Find More Posts by D W
D W
I love you man.
D W's Avatar
Hey Kenny, are we having fun yet?
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:32 PM
Kenny Sharp is offline
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Hey Kenny, are we having fun yet?
Always.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:48 PM
wrightme is offline
Find More Posts by wrightme
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
I am a citizen that's who.... He is a threat.
Um, how is he a threat again? HE is also a citizen. He is shopping, as you are. In this case, he was shopping, as I was. How is he a threat?
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:50 PM
Kenny Sharp is offline
Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
Um, how is he a threat again? HE is also a citizen. He is shopping, as you are. In this case, he was shopping, as I was. How is he a threat?
He has an exposed gun and no badge.... that makes him a threat.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:51 PM
wrightme is offline
Find More Posts by wrightme
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
He has an exposed gun and no badge.... that makes him a threat.
How does that make him a threat? He is simply a citizen. Why does the fact of him being armed make him a threat? What does it matter if he has a badge or not?


To determine threat, look at the person, not the firearm. The person who is more likely to be a true threat isn't likely to be noticeable armed.


It seems that either you are simply having sport, or you are showing evidence of hoplophobia.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Who's going to be on the 3D flight line at Nall? wrjames38 3D Flying 8 May 07, 2012 02:19 AM
Discussion Who's REALLY Qualified to be Our LEADER ? Chophop Life, The Universe, and Politics 113 Feb 29, 2012 07:43 PM
Who should be the next AMA president? J_R AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) 7 May 24, 2004 08:14 PM
Who should be add into GWS dealers list? GWS4CEO GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 19 Jul 04, 2003 07:01 PM