Apr 13, 2016, 03:29 PM
I just checked the site and it looks like they removed the Bigfoot from their lineup.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2016, 03:57 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
That was already known, but there has been mention (by Ben Fisher) of a Big Foot ll. That said, it appears everybody is enjoying the Turbo Bushmaster, which is approximately the same size plane.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Apr 13, 2016, 06:18 PM
I can't fly
yeah almost wonder if there is even a need for a bigfoot v2 since the turbo is the same size, can be outfitted at a lesser cost due to the smaller motor, esc, and servos, and flies even better than the bigfoot did.

I am getting a turbo to replace my bigfoot.
Apr 13, 2016, 06:24 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Anybody have a picture of the Bigfoot and the bushmaster side by side for a size comparison? I've asked in the BM thread without any response.
Latest blog entry: Colour Schemes
Apr 13, 2016, 06:31 PM
Well both 84" wingspan, so probably reasonably close to the same size, maybe not as tall as BF is a tall plane...

SteveT.
Apr 13, 2016, 06:41 PM
I can't fly
I haven't seen those that post regularly in the tbm thread here i the BF thread. If no one has done so when i get mine i will definitely be doing that as well as fly them both back to back and see how they compare
Apr 13, 2016, 06:45 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Well both 84" wingspan, so probably reasonably close to the same size, maybe not as tall as BF is a tall plane...

SteveT.
The wing on Bigfoot looks fat and stubby to me (compared to the airframe) and the BM wing looks long and thin. So I'm guessing that Bigfoot has a much larger fuse than the BM
Latest blog entry: Colour Schemes
Apr 13, 2016, 06:50 PM
I can't fly
yeah pretty sure the BF fuse is larger, longer, and taller
Apr 13, 2016, 06:56 PM
I don't know (as I haven't seen a TBM in person)...but check out this thread. and these photos, and they do look "similar" in size.. Both have 6" tires on them, so it could be extrapolated....

SteveT.
Apr 13, 2016, 07:05 PM
I can't fly
Bigfoot is 5 inches longer than the TBM pretty sure it is wider as well
Apr 13, 2016, 07:51 PM
I have an original shipment in black and red that I want to move. Local pick up only. $250. It is partially assembled, tail surfaces installed, lg installed, DuBro 6" tires included. Firewall is drilled for a DLE35RA. All of the original equipment is included, along with the after market flap control horns already installed, you just need the longer linkages.

Like I said, LPU only, and will drive a reasonable distance for exchange.

Thanks,

Mike
Apr 13, 2016, 08:22 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
I am still keeping my hopes up for a killer new BigFoot II.....
Apr 14, 2016, 11:21 AM
John
With the new motors EF is putting out they will come out with a bigger one. Just because they have mentioned a V2 doesn't mean it has to be the same specs.
Apr 14, 2016, 11:25 AM
I have not seen the TBM but have the Big Foot

My guess is that the TBM will be closer in size the the Carbon Z Cub than the Big Foot
Carbon z 84" wing span 1100 sq " 8,5 lb TBM 84" 8.5 lb and 800sq"

Compared to the Carbon Z the Big Foot is huge 13 lb and side by side it is about the same size as the Hanger 9 1/4 scale 110" cub with clipped wings

Dennis
Apr 14, 2016, 02:16 PM
I can't fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
With the new motors EF is putting out they will come out with a bigger one. Just because they have mentioned a V2 doesn't mean it has to be the same specs.
Oh i don't think it will be the same specs, i just don't know if the market is there for it anymore with how popular the tbm is and it is even more capable at 3d than the bigfoot. So v2 would need to be bigger and have bi directional flaps, and once you do that what's the difference between it and a larger tbm. They may just make it a bigger tbm.

Quick Reply