May 30, 2012, 10:17 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Carbon Fiber rod

I am looking for a source for a 6mm carbon fiber rod. It is the wing spar for a Bixler. I can get the rod from Hobby King, with a protracted shipping time and over $20.00 in shipping charges. Anybody know of a US source for a 6mm rod? I have done some searching and have come up with nothing. My LHS does not have any and I want to get back in the air.
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2012, 10:20 PM
Rcfoam has a nice selection
May 30, 2012, 10:24 PM
Thread OP
Awesome. Thank you. Here is another question. What would be stronger. A solid 6mm carbon fiber rod, or a 6mm rod with a 4mm rod inside it? Seems like a stupid question, but I somehow think that the 2 rods together are stronger than the solid rod.
May 31, 2012, 03:57 PM
Fier Membre des Deplorables
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacobox372
Rcfoam has a nice selection
I didn't know about this store, thanks for the heads-up!
May 31, 2012, 06:50 PM
I think bphobbies.com has a good selection of carbon fiber. Might want to check there.
May 31, 2012, 07:27 PM
"Landing" in a tree somewhere
You might also consider rcplanebuilder, they've got 6mm tubes. They don't have 6mm rods unfortunately but their shipping prices on carbon fiber can't be beat at only $2 (free on orders over $50).
Jun 01, 2012, 04:39 AM
Thread OP
Thanks again for the replies. I placed an order with rcfoam. I think it was a little more expensive than rcplanebuilders, but they had what I was looking for.
Jun 01, 2012, 07:16 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
Ok this will be for anyone else looking for CF rods solid or hollow,i got some off Hobbyking at the beginning of the year and it was spot on for my needs and i couldn't find it anywhere else cheaper including the postal cost.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ass_Fiber.html
Jun 01, 2012, 07:25 AM
Thread OP
The prices are great, shipping and handling are crazy and the delivery times are long. I think I would rather order from a US company and get the supplies faster.

Quick Reply