New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old May 30, 2012, 10:30 AM
GliderGuideMan is offline
Find More Posts by GliderGuideMan
Kite flying SCRAPS member
GliderGuideMan's Avatar
New Product

DJI Spreading Wings S800 clone?


Not sure if anyone has seen this but RCTimer has announced their MS800 frame on their website and it looks remarkably like the DJI Spreading Wings frame. Is this a clone or just the same frame bought from the DJI frame provider because the tech specs (and pictures) are exactly the same?

By my calculations this is around 900 cheaper than the DJI frame from UK providers. Is what happened with the Flamewheel prices once clones started emerging going to happen here too - lets hope so?

Cheers
DaveB...>
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2012, 10:42 AM
RTRyder is offline
Find More Posts by RTRyder
Registered Lunatic
RTRyder's Avatar
Glad I didn't bite on the S800 preorder hype! Getting shafted on the original "introductory" price on the WKM was enough for me...
Old May 30, 2012, 11:19 AM
Z06 Tony is offline
Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Z06 Tony's Avatar
I bet thats not even the clone in the pics and for sure not the print ad.
I have a feeling thats just an S800 cus they dont even have a prototype yet.
Site Sponsor
Old May 30, 2012, 11:29 AM
RTRyder is offline
Find More Posts by RTRyder
Registered Lunatic
RTRyder's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I bet thats not even the clone in the pics and for sure not the print ad.
I have a feeling thats just an S800 cus they dont even have a prototype yet.
I'd bet you're right on that. If you look close at the pic it appears there is a DJI logo on the top plate, I'd bet that picture changes in week or two once they finish making the molds and get the first pieces from them.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:58 AM
Paul@SCC is offline
Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderGuideMan View Post
Not sure if anyone has seen this but RCTimer has announced their MS800 frame on their website and it looks remarkably like the DJI Spreading Wings frame. Is this a clone or just the same frame bought from the DJI frame provider because the tech specs (and pictures) are exactly the same?

By my calculations this is around 900 cheaper than the DJI frame from UK providers. Is what happened with the Flamewheel prices once clones started emerging going to happen here too - lets hope so?

Cheers
DaveB...>
Nice find. This is going to get interesting, roll on August.
Old May 30, 2012, 12:09 PM
360walt is offline
Find More Posts by 360walt
Registered User
Wow... for those who have purchased the s800 i would be pissed...
Old May 30, 2012, 01:07 PM
Steph280 is offline
Find More Posts by Steph280
1.21 Gigawatts!
Steph280's Avatar
RCTimer is a reputable company. They have representatives in the motor forum. I have no affiliation with them, but have made many purchases from them. Their post-sale support is first class.

If this is indeed an OEM product, not a clone, then that's gotta put some pressure on DJI pricing...
Old May 30, 2012, 01:19 PM
blade strike is offline
Find More Posts by blade strike
DJI Testing / US Support
blade strike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280 View Post
RCTimer is a reputable company. They have representatives in the motor forum. I have no affiliation with them, but have made many purchases from them. Their post-sale support is first class.

If this is indeed an OEM product, not a clone, then that's gotta put some pressure on DJI pricing...
I agree, I havent had an issue with RCTimer.. Cant wait for this
Site Sponsor
Old May 30, 2012, 05:26 PM
rwijnhov is offline
Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Registered User
subscribed
Old May 30, 2012, 05:48 PM
fajar is offline
Find More Posts by fajar
Registered User
fajar's Avatar
does it come with a case like spreading wings?
Old May 30, 2012, 06:11 PM
sap_2000 is offline
Find More Posts by sap_2000
Artic jetflyer
sap_2000's Avatar
Looks like there is no ESC's intergrated in the arms in the pic.
A few questions;
-Does it feature the intergrated connencors between the frame and arm as the DJI does?
-Are the round S800 ESC's inside the arms even availiable from another source than DJI?
Old May 30, 2012, 06:22 PM
Velociraptor73 is offline
Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Velociraptor73's Avatar
Interesting! Subscribed!
Old May 30, 2012, 06:23 PM
Paul@SCC is offline
Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
does it come with a case like spreading wings?
If it is on par with the dji frame then I wouldn't be bothered if it comes in a brown paper bag.

Here in the UK the dji s800 costs $2500 and if you were not one of the pre order customers it looks like you do not even get a shiny box.
Old May 30, 2012, 06:55 PM
fajar is offline
Find More Posts by fajar
Registered User
fajar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
If it is on par with the dji frame then I wouldn't be bothered if it comes in a brown paper bag.

Here in the UK the dji s800 costs $2500 and if you were not one of the pre order customers it looks like you do not even get a shiny box.
You do eventually wanna get the case Paul, I've seen it and it's visually appealing . The whole system is promised to be easily and fastly assembled/ disassembled so the case would be very handy.
Old May 30, 2012, 07:14 PM
sidneyw is offline
Find More Posts by sidneyw
Registered User
We expected that to happen .... hence patent filed in China.
Site Sponsor


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My DJI Spreading Wings S800 just came in the mail and I think I'm in trouble jasper7821 Multirotor Talk 219 Oct 16, 2012 06:11 PM
Discussion DJI Spread Wings S800 and Zenmuse Z15 prices are out! tpnitro Multirotor Talk 120 Jun 19, 2012 02:27 AM
Wanted Dji S800 spreading wings mmalik4 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Jun 08, 2012 09:28 AM
Discussion DJI S800 Spreading Wings has landed at Quadcopters UK Headquarters QuadcoptersUk Multirotor Talk 8 May 14, 2012 02:27 PM
Discussion Dji Spreading Wings (S800) coming Huluhulu Multirotor Talk 7 Apr 27, 2012 04:11 AM