Sep 24, 2012, 10:53 PM
When I fly my Helios rudder is no problem. No worse than V911. I have one Helios and five V911's Every V911 is a good flyer. My Helios will out fly every one of my V911's and is smoother. No bias just fact. Again I say V911 is awesome heli for its price and my first one is still doing well. I will allways have a V911 or two ready to fly at anytime. I have no intent to ever fly my 6 ch birds in the house no matter their size. V911 is a durable very good flyer. Helios is a better flyer and needs more time to see if it can stand the long haul. I bet it does. Flying in the wind with a F/P 1 oz. heli is up to flyer. Bigger FBL 4 ch or quad is much better idea or 6ch bird. I don't mod my birds nor see any reason to do so. Those who do thats fine, and best luck with it. Benma..good job!!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2012, 12:57 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Have one on the way , only paid $4 due to some paypal coupon stuff.
Will see how it compares to my :

Stock V911 , new one with newer flybar.

V911 with Helios paddles.

So far ive read about problems, no problems blah blah , we will see lol
Sep 25, 2012, 07:34 PM
Flying mostly micro's
I love my Helios but my tail motor definitely is sluggish compared to my v911's. much slower piros. I even mentioned it in my initial observations after I got it. Could be just mine of course. I do have to say though I really love the helios and the more I fly it & get used to it the more I like it! For me it's approaching my v911 love. Definitely my second fave & rapidly approaching equal status
Sep 25, 2012, 11:29 PM
My Helios tail motor is extremely twitchy. I find it almost un-flyable because of this. That was one of the reasons I was hoping it would be 9x compatible. I could have easily dialed it down. As it stands now with it's toy transmitter I find it very unpleasant to fly. I may try fitting in a v911 board but honestly I don't know if it will be worth it or not. I am very disappointed with this heli.

Gerard.
Sep 26, 2012, 10:52 AM
Team Drone Art
@BlueHavoc,
I think the Helios is making you a better pilot because of it's "twitchiness" that people have mentioned.

That's probably why you are liking it more and more.
Sep 26, 2012, 01:14 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
@BlueHavoc,
I think the Helios is making you a better pilot because of it's "twitchiness" that people have mentioned.

That's probably why you are liking it more and more.
I definitley love my Helios, & it definitely is making me a better pilot but I don't find mine to be twitchy at all, very smooth & fast!...Well maybe just a little twitchy
Last edited by BlueHavoc; Sep 26, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
Sep 26, 2012, 01:21 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest
My Helios tail motor is extremely twitchy. I find it almost un-flyable because of this. That was one of the reasons I was hoping it would be 9x compatible. I could have easily dialed it down. As it stands now with it's toy transmitter I find it very unpleasant to fly. I may try fitting in a v911 board but honestly I don't know if it will be worth it or not. I am very disappointed with this heli.

Gerard.
Sorry to hear of your dissapointment with this bird. I found the more I flew it & became used to it, the more I love it. The tail on mine is slow and sluggish and I plan on dropping in the v911 rx to attempt to remedy that as well as have it 9x compatible! I think this heli could be even more amazing with the benefit of the 9x TX. At worst maybe I'll need a new tail motor, but all in all I love this sporty heli!
Sep 26, 2012, 01:42 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
I hope I'm getting one with a relatively "sluggish" tail. I intend to use it mostly to fly fast outside, for instance to do some wide, sweeping turns. A twitchy tail won't help much there, I think. And if I want to practice smooth control on a twitchy heli, I get my MiniCP out, a flybarless CP is far more responsive than even the best flybarred 45 degree head helis. Both will take skill though, just different skills.
Sep 26, 2012, 03:11 PM
Every mico 4 ch are a little different but similar. Some a little mild, others a little wild. They all fly and teach you something. Nothing is perfect and some posts border on plain nonsence. I know what most of these birds can do and find the Helios amoung the best. My best one is the one I am flying at that time. I could care less if it will not bind with my T9X..big deal. Stock toy TX's work, maybe full size radip is better but thats what they come with. Only TX with a mico I have had problem with is one that comes with 9958. I use the T9X for it. Helios is a very nice bird and great price. It Works for me. Cheers,Dan
Sep 26, 2012, 04:07 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc
I love my Helios but my tail motor definitely is sluggish compared to my v911's. much slower piros. I even mentioned it in my initial observations after I got it. Could be just mine of course. I do have to say though I really love the helios and the more I fly it & get used to it the more I like it! For me it's approaching my v911 love. Definitely my second fave & rapidly approaching equal status
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest

Gerard.
Hmm, I don't own one, but I'm really trying to understand how the Helios behaves. Some of these descriptions just covered the widest of spectrum.
Sep 26, 2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I hope I'm getting one with a relatively "sluggish" tail. I intend to use it mostly to fly fast outside, for instance to do some wide, sweeping turns....
Be careful when you take it outside. Mine would only stay connected within about 30-40 feet. Further than that it will just fly off by itself.

Gerard.
Sep 26, 2012, 07:38 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04
Every mico 4 ch are a little different but similar. Some a little mild, others a little wild. They all fly and teach you something. Nothing is perfect and some posts border on plain nonsence. I know what most of these birds can do and find the Helios amoung the best. My best one is the one I am flying at that time. I could care less if it will not bind with my T9X..big deal. Stock toy TX's work, maybe full size radip is better but thats what they come with. Only TX with a mico I have had problem with is one that comes with 9958. I use the T9X for it. Helios is a very nice bird and great price. It Works for me. Cheers,Dan
I agree...
Sep 26, 2012, 07:43 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
Hmm, I don't own one, but I'm really trying to understand how the Helios behaves. Some of these descriptions just covered the widest of spectrum.
just like with any product, my situation could be unusual, there seems to be more folks with the twitchy thing
Sep 26, 2012, 08:38 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Well I flew two batteries tonight with my H100 in low to no wind.
I have no problems with the tail as I am using it with a V911 board and a 9x.
I really wanted to give this bird a chance but I still do not care for this bird. It has too much porpoising or it is like it is on a string hanging from the main shaft and it pendulums nose to tail.
I guess some people find this entertaining but I find it frustrating. Not knocking anyone, it is just my point of view.
When going into a bank it almost stops causing the tail to dip then forward nose causing to increase throttle to keep the nose up. If the nose gets to low it will nose dive requiring to let up on the throttle which in turn you get the porpoising. Throttle requires constant adjustment.
Maybe it is how I fly as I am no expert. However, I have flown many hours in the past few months averaging 8-16 batts a day. Maybe it is how I have it setup. I do not find it that much different though then when I was using the original TX except for the tail not being so sensitive, it being more responsive, and much farther range.
Now that I think of it - it fly's more like a coaxial with the rocking. Maybe mine is nose or tail heavy. I don't know really. Just not that much fun to fly for me.
Sep 26, 2012, 09:44 PM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Will putting a V911 flybar reduce the porpoising effect that is frustrating you?

Quick Reply