Sep 11, 2012, 12:26 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Hyped is fine as that is what it was ,and as you say there have been many comparisons between heli's in this class/weight/size range so comparing it to other similar helis is only fair.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2012, 04:01 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
Yes, I was comparing the Helios flybar to msr paddled flybars;, as Fyre said, it may be an improvement when compared against a stock (weighted) v911 flybar, but definitely inferior to the msr paddled flybars. The Helios flybar may be a consideration for someone who wants an off the shelf flybar replacement, but I would recommend the msr paddles if you are willing to do five minutes of work and spending a little more. (Cost of msr paddled flybar = cost of spare v911 flybar + cost of one pair of paddles = roughly $3.50 to $4.00)
Okay, I've got to give this a try.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've already tried a search, but have come-up with nothing so far. I guess my questions would be;

Where are you guys buying the paddles from?

Are you cutting the weights off of a stock V911 flybar, then gluing on the MSR paddles?

If so, which hole in the paddles are you using, what type of glue, and how far back from the weights are you cutting the flybar?

Do you have to sand the flybar down to fit the holes, or are you drilling-out the paddles?

How deep are you inserting the flybar tip into the paddle?

Are you tilting these paddles to a certain degree?

Sorry for all the Q's, but I've read enough to see that you guys seem to really like this mod. Any pic's or a vid of this mod would be very helpful.

Thanks,

-Pat
Sep 11, 2012, 04:47 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy
Okay, I've got to give this a try.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've already tried a search, but have come-up with nothing so far. I guess my questions would be;

Where are you guys buying the paddles from?

Are you cutting the weights off of a stock V911 flybar, then gluing on the MSR paddles?

If so, which hole in the paddles are you using, what type of glue, and how far back from the weights are you cutting the flybar?

Do you have to sand the flybar down to fit the holes, or are you drilling-out the paddles?

How deep are you inserting the flybar tip into the paddle?

Are you tilting these paddles to a certain degree?

Sorry for all the Q's, but I've read enough to see that you guys seem to really like this mod. Any pic's or a vid of this mod would be very helpful.

Thanks,

-Pat
Here is an example (ie me doing a paddled flybar
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=101

miracle-mart is the only place I know where you get the paddles - maybe someone else has a different vendor.
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8593
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Sep 11, 2012, 05:36 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
Here is an example (ie me doing a paddled flybar
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=101

miracle-mart is the only place I know where you get the paddles - maybe someone else has a different vendor.
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8593
Excellent, thanks E2!

-Pat
Sep 12, 2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Comparing seems only natural since both are in the same price and weight class. The V911 and 9958 have been compared quite a lot as well, even though these differ more than the V911 and Helios perhaps.
I made the same mistake as you when I bought my first 9958 and immediately compared it to the V911's. I dismissed the 9958 to quickly, inexperience on my part.

I really like 9958 now, in fact bought one in each colour, enjoying them all even more now as I fly them with a FlySky.

There are all different, no more comparing for me, the Helios is a great little Bird, having a blast with it, for its price absolutely no regrets, will probably buy another one, they are taking over the house
Sep 12, 2012, 07:58 AM
Sure wish mine would show up. Hoped for last week but still no Helios. My Walkrea Scorpion showed up with Devo 7. Great little Y-6. Heli direct has great deal on them and glad I went for it. No toy TX here. I must say the current mico helis/quads are quite good. Main drawback is parts/ products waiting game. One of my favorite flyers is down with busted flybar and waiting for parts to arrive, but V911's will work for now. Its all good and I really like flying and tinkering with these little guys.
Sep 12, 2012, 12:54 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter
Could someone with a working transmitter tell me whether it is normal for it to beep after moving the throttle stick up then down, even when the heli is not turned on? I thought the manual said the beep after moving the throttle is an indication of successful binding. Mine beeps after moving the throttle up & down even with heli off. Seems the beep has no correlation with binding, just a preprogrammed signal.

Reason I'm asking, BG has proposed sending me another pcb for me to fix my unable-to-bind heli. I don't mind that as long as I'm confident that is the problem, but I wonder if the transmitter is possibly the culprit. It would be great if someone can post a video of a successful bind as well, so I can be sure I wasn't doing something wrong in my bind attempts. Thanks in advance.
Mine beeps after I turn on the TX, go to full throttle and back to no throttle. The beep I believe is the TX binding.
Sep 12, 2012, 01:02 PM
Sir Crashalot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy
Mine beeps after I turn on the TX, go to full throttle and back to no throttle. The beep I believe is the TX binding.
Thanks for that. Hope everything goes well with your v911 transplant, looks to be almost a straight drop in replacement.
Sep 12, 2012, 01:23 PM
Team Drone Art
@RCCrashTestDummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Kid
Before my V911 main motor gave up the ghost I tried the MSR paddles. Didn't really care for the way it handled. With that being said, first $6.00 gets you the 4 paddles and stock flybar, fitted with a set of the paddles. PM me if interested.
Sep 13, 2012, 05:55 PM

V911 board installed on the Helios 100

Well everyone,
The V911 board fits perfectly in the Helios 100. Screw holes line up exactly and wiring was a breeze except for the negative main motor wire - was tight but worked. Was able to bind to my 9x with no problem. It flew. Not sure on overall as it was quite breezy today.
Will give a better view when I can actually fly it
Last edited by Makdaddy; Sep 14, 2012 at 03:05 AM.
Sep 13, 2012, 07:26 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy
Well everyone,
The V911 board fits perfectly in the Helios 100. Screw hole line up exactly and wiring was a breeze except for the negative main motor wire - was tight but worked. Was able to bind to my 9x with no problem. It flew. Not sure on overall as it was quite breezy today.
Will give a better view when I can actually fly it
awesome!
Sep 13, 2012, 08:20 PM
Team Drone Art
Nice. Thx for the confirmation. Let us know how it flies.
Sep 13, 2012, 08:29 PM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Interesting, not sure if the V911 board would allow it to main the speed.

How about investigating the effects of having the V911 flybar on Helios 100? Would that solve
the see-saw problem?
Sep 14, 2012, 12:18 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
As for pure speed and "swooping" outside, would the Helios be a match for the 9958 or is that still the fastest in this 45 degree sub micro class?
Sep 14, 2012, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG
Interesting, not sure if the V911 board would allow it to main the speed.

How about investigating the effects of having the V911 flybar on Helios 100? Would that solve
the see-saw problem?
From what I flew of it yesterday it did not seem to be any different on FFF. I had tried installing a FB from a V911 after I first got it on the H100 but at the time was getting more FB strikes. Was thinking about removing the weights on the H100 flybar. Need to really fly it with low to moderate wind first.
Last edited by Makdaddy; Sep 14, 2012 at 03:19 AM.

Quick Reply