Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old May 30, 2012, 01:30 AM
MtnGoat is online now
Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Tu ne cede malis
MtnGoat's Avatar
Discussion

Oh the joy...IMF Chief Lagarde pays zero income taxes


Quote:
The IMF chief Christine Lagarde was accused of hypocrisy yesterday after it emerged that she pays no income tax – just days after blaming the Greeks for causing their financial peril by dodging their own bills.
Even in the socialist zone, income taxes are for the little people
Old May 30, 2012, 06:40 AM
martin richards is offline
Find More Posts by martin richards
Useful Idiot
As the article points out, that is a diplomatic perk covered by the Vienna treaty. It would be exactly the same if the head of the IMF were American, Cuban or from any other country in between.
Whether her remarks about Greeks not paying their income tax were hypocritical in view of her own status is another point.
Old May 30, 2012, 06:57 AM
Norman Adlam is offline
Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards View Post
As the article points out, that is a diplomatic perk covered by the Vienna treaty. It would be exactly the same if the head of the IMF were American, Cuban or from any other country in between.
Whether her remarks about Greeks not paying their income tax were hypocritical in view of her own status is another point.
Mortato, you can't spoil Goat's 'anti-socialist' regular rant!

Old May 30, 2012, 07:31 AM
saltyzoo is online now
Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards View Post
As the article points out, that is a diplomatic perk covered by the Vienna treaty. It would be exactly the same if the head of the IMF were American, Cuban or from any other country in between.
Whether her remarks about Greeks not paying their income tax were hypocritical in view of her own status is another point.
No, it's not "another point". it's exactly the point he made.
Old May 30, 2012, 07:32 AM
saltyzoo is online now
Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Mortato, you can't spoil Goat's 'anti-socialist' regular rant!

Mortato? Sock puppets here?

And no, he can't spoil the Anti-socialist rant by essentially agreeing with it.
Old May 30, 2012, 07:35 AM
Norman Adlam is offline
Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
Mortato? Sock puppets here?

And no, he can't spoil the Anti-socialist rant by essentially agreeing with it.
Not enough 'conspiracies' for you Salty?
Old May 30, 2012, 07:52 AM
saltyzoo is online now
Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Not enough 'conspiracies' for you Salty?
Asking a question of a confusing post is a conspiracy now?
Old May 30, 2012, 08:19 AM
Indiana_Geoff is online now
Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Random Pic #23982
Indiana_Geoff's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
No, it's not "another point". it's exactly the point he made.
Bingo. And the inability of Leftists to get it... shows how twisted their worldview is.
Old May 30, 2012, 08:39 AM
martin richards is offline
Find More Posts by martin richards
Useful Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
No, it's not "another point". it's exactly the point he made.
As the IMF has its Head Office in Washington D.C., why does the USA not levy income tax. The Managing Director presumably has a US residence.
Old May 30, 2012, 08:47 AM
martin richards is offline
Find More Posts by martin richards
Useful Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
Bingo. And the inability of Leftists to get it... shows how twisted their worldview is.
As mentioned above, the lady in question is the Managing Director of a company whose head offices are in Washington DC. How on earth does it reflect on "European socialists" that she pays no income tax? Does not it reflect more significantly on the country where she resides?
Old May 30, 2012, 09:01 AM
Indiana_Geoff is online now
Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Random Pic #23982
Indiana_Geoff's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards View Post
As mentioned above, the lady in question is the Managing Director of a company whose head offices are in Washington DC. How on earth does it reflect on "European socialists" that she pays no income tax? Does not it reflect more significantly on the country where she resides?
It's not a "company" it's an international quasi-governmental financial institution created by treaty. And it does not matter what nation it is in or where she is from. It's an example of our world leaders carving out a special category for the ruling class... once again. Yes, it's all legal and done by agreement... and that is the problem.
Old May 30, 2012, 09:02 AM
Norman Adlam is offline
Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
Asking a question of a confusing post is a conspiracy now?
I read your question as wondering if I and Mortato might be socks (which, of course, would indicate a love of a conspiracy, methinks. )
Old May 30, 2012, 09:02 AM
Jon Shaw is offline
Find More Posts by Jon Shaw
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
Mortato? Sock puppets here?

And no, he can't spoil the Anti-socialist rant by essentially agreeing with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Not enough 'conspiracies' for you Salty?
Norman, you called Martin, Mortato.
Old May 30, 2012, 09:05 AM
madsci_guy is online now
Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
That's the problem with socks, keeping them straight in your sock drawer
Old May 30, 2012, 09:05 AM
Norman Adlam is offline
Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
It's not a "company" it's an international quasi-governmental financial institution created by treaty. And it does not matter what nation it is in or where she is from. It's an example of our world leaders carving out a special category for the ruling class... once again. Yes, it's all legal and done by agreement... and that is the problem.
Aaahhh.. but you haven't answered Martin's question of 'how does it reflect on European Socialists' etc!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion A 1%er paying 20% in taxes realtimerecon Life, The Universe, and Politics 46 Apr 14, 2012 09:34 AM
Discussion States Eliminating Income Taxes Big Foot 48 Life, The Universe, and Politics 12 Feb 08, 2012 09:43 AM
Discussion Oklahoma shows the way: Income-Tax Repeal MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 3 Jan 30, 2012 09:09 PM
Discussion Question for True Liberals About Their Views on Income Tax Levels and Amounts LcJ Life, The Universe, and Politics 128 Dec 12, 2011 08:01 PM
oh joy oh joy my teddy flys! Al P Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 3 Jul 05, 2001 03:54 PM