Jan 14, 2020, 11:11 PM
Check out my page I uploaded Scans of a very rare non dated royal catalog.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...royal-products
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2020, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthwcrss
Haven't seen this one posted here.

The Royal Ki-61 is not a Royal plan its a MK plan. Thanks for posting them
Jan 18, 2020, 08:25 AM
Edubarca
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguedog
The Royal Ki-61 is not a Royal plan its a MK plan. Thanks for posting them
That's true, However, several MK kits designed by Mr. M. Kato, were also made and sold by Royal/Marutaka, an example: besides the Ki-61, we have the Cessna 206.
Jan 18, 2020, 09:56 AM
Mk to my understanding was the kit designer in the beginning and then he sold the business to marutaka .
Jan 18, 2020, 10:10 AM
Edubarca
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-fly-any-and-
Mk to my understanding was the kit designer in the beginning and then he sold the business to marutaka .
Your comment is logical and you might be right. But i have also heard that Mr. Kato first kitted his designs before selling them to Marutaka.
Feb 05, 2020, 02:30 PM
Mtthwacrss
My Kit is boxed in as Royal kit. but for all the builders out there any help will be appreciated. Trying to make sure I get the wing right. it says to put a center line on rib 2, 7, and 11. here Is how I have them marked so far. I just want to get it right. any help will be appreciated. Not much in the instruction or the plans. If some one has more instructions or plans let me know.
Feb 05, 2020, 05:21 PM
Edubarca
Thread OP
Hello. I am familiar with Royal/Marutaka, I can see what they mean: The purpose of marking the centre lines is to make sure the wing will come out straight with no warps. It is not the easiest way of doing it but it can be done. I would imagine that the original designer should have placed some tabs underside of each rib in order to facilitate building on a flat table. Can you please tell me the size of your Hein, If it is the 55 inches wingspan, you can download the plan from Outerzone.co.uk It includes nice isometric drawings for construction. If it is not, then I would like to have a scanned drawings of the ribs and I can draw for you the under tabs in order to make a flat wing, but you would have to cut them all over again. Let me know. Your Hein kit is of the later production by Royal which included redrawn plans with all ribs and formers on the plan. So it is not difficult to scan the ribs and I can do the work.

EDUARDO
Feb 07, 2020, 04:11 PM
Mtthwacrss
68" Wing I think I have it about figured out and will be working on it this weekend and taking some pics and will post to my threads when I can.
Feb 07, 2020, 10:04 PM
Brighto?
I have a Kato Cessna 182 Skylane kit here. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...na-182-Skylane
Feb 08, 2020, 01:00 AM

Little Half .15 Pitts 31.5 in ws

Marataka Little Half
Feb 08, 2020, 09:18 AM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Does anyone have pics of the Little Half? Or the box art from the kit? We've had the plan up online since 2013, when charlesliao first posted it on HPA ...but there's no photos to go with it. Would be nice to have a pic.
Feb 09, 2020, 12:06 AM
I've seen one Pitts little half in the royal box and saw one in the marutaka box but it was a while back on Ebay.
Feb 09, 2020, 12:57 AM
Royal pitts little half pictures
I have seen this particular kit on Ebay a few times but it's been a while. I also posted the a request for photos of the artwork on the box to the royal group on social media. Message me for link if you'd like to join.
Feb 09, 2020, 12:58 PM
WMD
WMD
Womble of Model Depiction
Excellent, many thanks.

Quick Reply