New Hobbyking 90mm L-59 Super Albatross - RC Groups
Thread Tools
May 29, 2012, 09:10 AM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar
Alert

New Hobbyking 90mm L-59 Super Albatross


I got the 70mm. L-39

But this is a real Super beauty!

Poison^3!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=22960
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2012, 10:44 AM
bwoollia's Avatar
Yeah, saw that. Hmmm....
Latest blog entry: Crash Compilation
May 29, 2012, 10:49 AM
bwoollia's Avatar
Same thing?

New AERO L-39 1200mm FIberglass EDF JET (3 min 4 sec)
Latest blog entry: Crash Compilation
May 29, 2012, 10:55 AM
Registered User
Same plane as the Nitro Model, different color and much higher price once you factor in the $90+ to ship it to the USA. Also, never know what condition the plane will be once it's delivered to your door. Just order one from Nitro Friday of last week and it will be delivered June 2. Much shorter wait time than the 4+weeks I waited for the damaged models from HK.
May 29, 2012, 11:01 AM
Registered User
OneHundretMoons's Avatar
For a 90mm Jet, this is just a tad bit to small...

But I must admit the color scheme looks fantastic!

NS.
May 29, 2012, 11:33 AM
bwoollia's Avatar
Price shipped to Canada:

Nitroplanes:$249 + $117 = $366
HobbyKing: $176 + $59 = $235

Service from Hobbyking = nonexistant.
Service from Nitroplanes = ?
Latest blog entry: Crash Compilation
May 29, 2012, 12:11 PM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia
Price shipped to Canada:

Nitroplanes:$249 + $117 = $366
HobbyKing: $176 + $59 = $235

Service from Hobbyking = nonexistant.
Service from Nitroplanes = ?
$131 worth of patience? On a modeller?
May 29, 2012, 12:25 PM
A Texan abroad
torque roll's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago
$131 worth of patience? On a modeller?
Dude, we've been discussing this jet since time began:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1534727

It is the same one as Nitroplanes. It's made by China Pro 09.
May 29, 2012, 12:29 PM
Registered User
kimhey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer
For a 90mm Jet, this is just a tad bit to small...

But I must admit the color scheme looks fantastic!

NS.
Sorry but I disagree. I have this model (camo scheme) and if it is a bit small for a 90mm model, well then my HET L39 and HTG L39 are small 90mm models too...

(or the Jet-teng L39 for that matter)


BTW, it will be interesting too see if HK has the correct CG in their manual. Cmpro´s first manual had the CG wrong by an inch (very tail heavy...).

Here is a video of my "prototype"
Cmpro L39 Albatros 90mm EDF (2 min 11 sec)
Last edited by kimhey; May 29, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
May 29, 2012, 12:50 PM
In the pipe 5 by 5...
urrl's Avatar
If you are using only a 6S like me IMO it's not a small jet; It's heavy and takes a while to lift off.

Looks structurally like the L-39 although it is supposed to have a longer nose.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_L-59_Super_Albatros
Beautiful paint. Hope the manual's CG is not wrong like the L-39's seemed to be.
May 29, 2012, 01:49 PM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimhey
Sorry but I disagree. I have this model (camo scheme) and if it is a bit small for a 90mm model, well then my HET L39 and HTG L39 are small 90mm models too...

(or the Jet-teng L39 for that matter)


BTW, it will be interesting too see if HK has the correct CG in their manual. Cmpro´s first manual had the CG wrong by an inch (very tail heavy...).

Here is a video of my "prototype" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSFC_...6&feature=plcp
Kimhey: your flight videos are igniting more fire!

Definitely I will reinforce the wings.
May 29, 2012, 01:50 PM
Registered User
hot wings's Avatar
Here the specs..

Wingspan: 1200mm
Length: 1323mm
Flying Weight: 2700g~2800g
Wing Area: 29.2dm2
Wing Loading: 92.5g~96g/dm2

It seems to be very light..........................................may be too much light....
May 29, 2012, 01:55 PM
Registered User
4stripes's Avatar
They have stretched the wing compared to my 90mm HTG L-39. The HTG version has a much longer fuselage with the same size wing (or slightly less).
May 29, 2012, 01:59 PM
Plane crazy
Tartago's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl
If you are using only a 6S like me IMO it's not a small jet; It's heavy and takes a while to lift off.

Looks structurally like the L-39 although it is supposed to have a longer nose.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_L-59_Super_Albatros
Beautiful paint. Hope the manual's CG is not wrong like the L-39's seemed to be.
Looking at an actual L-59 you might be right about the nose. I can't say until I get one.
May 29, 2012, 02:05 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes
They have stretched the wing compared to my 90mm HTG L-39. The HTG version has a much longer fuselage with the same size wing (or slightly less).
And thats the reason, why the CMP / HK / "is eh wurscht" looks like from a cartoon...
I dont like the dimensions of this "new" L59 form HK/CMP. It is way too short.

The HTG is made of foam, but looks way better!! And if you stay 2m away...

George


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Freewing L-39 Albatross BNF 85.00 radman615 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Dec 07, 2011 10:48 PM
Help! Blitzworks Albatross 55mm L-39 Esc Programming manual anyone? fly_right Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 1 Dec 05, 2011 08:20 AM
Sold Great Planes L-39 Albatross w/Battery and RX porcia83 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 10 Sep 18, 2011 09:44 PM
L-39 Albatross for 90mm fans Tim H. Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 24 Oct 14, 2002 08:42 AM