Jun 18, 2012, 07:12 PM
i gota rabbit with gps and the sonar from glb, it took its sweet time. also lookin forward to a release :P
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2012, 04:13 PM
Any news? Working on... something? Got permission and serial code from the team? Any news wold be good to hear
Jun 20, 2012, 11:10 PM
Thread OP
Good news......I got some sensor charting added to the app today!!!

Im waiting on some information from LF on some other sensor data so I can add charting for them as well!!!
Jun 21, 2012, 06:27 AM
making crashing a lifestyle!
yesss!!

is it there yet? is it there yet? is it there yet?

LOL
Jun 21, 2012, 08:58 AM
HI,

as promised, the team has released a Config Protocol to the community. I have briefly read through it and think it is more or less in order...

As KKUSA is the one who has spend some time on it, so he may be in the best position to sort them out if there is any leftovers or confusion that needed to be cleared...

so here it is.... and don't hesitate to ask...

cmPang
Jun 21, 2012, 01:35 PM
They don't have the define for the GPS data and the gyro and ACC data. that will be useful for OSD display.
Jun 22, 2012, 12:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnn1044
They don't have the define for the GPS data and the gyro and ACC data. that will be useful for OSD display.
There is, it's just not in the protocol manual....yet.

Gyro Data Send S~0003

Acc Data Send S~0004

Also, Send S~0001 , String with header SSDA contains:

Compass Heading in degrees
Sonar in mm
Baro in decimeters
TEMP x10
MAG RAW XYZ +5000
Acc AD2 RAW +5000

SSDA01610219336502696638978415706026

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I DID find the GPS data.

Send S~0007

1 <----Not sure Maybe Lock OK
7 <--- Number of Sats I think
-85921676 <----Lon
39892229 <----Lat
0 <--- Not sure about the rest.....Probably reserved

There is some other data, but it appears to be calculated sensor data that really doesnt seem to be useful right now on the PC side.

So, since I now have the GPS data coming through, there may be a slight delay releasing the app. I now have to implement the GPS portion!!!

I will need a beta tester or two.
Jun 22, 2012, 01:46 AM
I am ready to test

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA

Gyro Data Send S~0003

Acc Data Send S~0004

Sonar in mm
Baro in decimeters
TEMP x10
MAG RAW XYZ +5000
Acc AD2 RAW +5000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I DID find the GPS data.

Send S~0007

-85921676 <----Lon
39892229 <----Lat

There is some other data, but it appears to be calculated sensor data that really doesnt seem to be useful right now on the PC side.

So, since I now have the GPS data coming through, there may be a slight delay releasing the app. I now have to implement the GPS portion!!!

Jun 22, 2012, 02:37 AM
If I don`t need to fly (waiting on parts) I will be happy to beta test. Also I have the GPS, Sonar ect. if need be...

Quote:

Gyro Data Send S~0003

Acc Data Send S~0004

Sonar in mm
Baro in decimeters
TEMP x10
MAG RAW XYZ +5000
Acc AD2 RAW +5000

I DID find the GPS data.

Send S~0007

-85921676 <----Lon
39892229 <----Lat

Jun 22, 2012, 06:07 AM
I will need a beta tester or two. [/QUOTE]

I'm in for it !
Jun 22, 2012, 07:51 AM
I'd be happy to help out with testing
Jun 22, 2012, 03:13 PM
OS RC developer
Quote:
LOL... I know exactly how you feel. I'd personally be happy for now to just have a GUI that doesn't scramble my settings occasionally and could wait on the GPS readout... but I know how you feel! My non-programmer partner/project manager always thinks the software is ready way before I do.

Looking and sounding great BTW. I'm up for testing if it will help.

Thanks,
-Max
Jun 23, 2012, 01:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximal
LOL... I know exactly how you feel. I'd personally be happy for now to just have a GUI that doesn't scramble my settings occasionally and could wait on the GPS readout... but I know how you feel! My non-programmer partner/project manager always thinks the software is ready way before I do.

Looking and sounding great BTW. I'm up for testing if it will help.

Thanks,
-Max
Yea, it will never be finished according to myself. There is always something I dont like about everything I do!!!!
Jun 23, 2012, 02:07 AM
Its hard to be a perfectionist...

Quote:
Yea, it will never be finished according to myself. There is always something I dont like about everything I do!!!!
Jun 23, 2012, 02:53 AM
Thread OP
OK, I was talked in to releasing an Alpha. So, here it is!!!!

.NET Framework 4.0 required!!! I may include a method to automatically grab it from Microsoft in the final release installation for the few that may not have it.

There are a few things that are disabled in this alpha release as I haven't debugged them satisfactorily.

The firmware updater is disabled in the Alpha.
The uploading of Tx Switch Functions is disabled in the Alpha.
Frame editor is disabled in the Alpha. <----dont choose CUSTOM frame type.

Also, there are some layout and graphical things that will be changed before the Beta is released, as well as some added stuff.

Everything else SHOULD function properly. However, I do not warrant it in any way. It is an ALPHA release.

The file extension for saved configs is now ".rab" It is simply a text file with the .rab extension, and a different format than LF's.

A few things to note, plug FC in to PC before starting app so it will find the port. the port does not exist unless the FC is connected.

When viewing real time sensor data, STOP the plotting before switching which sensors you want to plot. This is a limitation on how the Rabbit handles data. The stream must be stopped before a new one is started. I am making it so it will automatically stop, and start for the selected sensor data when it is changed. it will be in the BETA.

The Alpha requires no installation. Make sure all the files included are in the same folder when you run it!!!

If there is anything you guys feel that should be changed, like layout etc. let me know. There are some things I dont like, but its hard to make it just so!!!

@LF , You should reconsider your entire config protocol, or at least add a function to stream ALL data, in a single stream!!!

Oh, did I mention this is an ALPHA release? It WILL have a bug or two!!! It is intended for feedback purposes only!!
Last edited by KKUSA; Jun 23, 2012 at 03:16 AM.

Quick Reply