This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 28, 2012, 06:30 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

farewell to micros thread

i have been doing ultra-micros for quite some time, and have enjoyed exchanging comments-and learning a lot-with all of you guys. i enjoy flying my um's by walking a few steps to my backyard, or to a park nearby, and so will keep doing it, but i can't find anything else to try. i have done motor/gearbox tests on all that i could find; i have designed conventional-all my Elf series in several sizes, including the slowest plane, the Snowflake. 3d-the Snowstang; canards-the Snow Fox, Snow Goose; bird-like-the Snow Owl; flying wings-Rondine, in 2 versions; and lately double deltas-the Diamante, and am having a ball flying them now and then.
but i can't bring any more contributions to the thread.
i am now doing 2 meter electric sailplanes, and again, learning a lot by designing, flying, testing, buying, and asking in the internet, and that is a new start for me. you can find me there anytime. https://www.rcgroups.com/scale-sailplanes-122/ https://www.rcgroups.com/electric-sailplanes-19/
so, thank all of you for your help and friendship. i will never forget the great times we spent talking about so many things.
Last edited by phil alvirez; May 28, 2012 at 06:37 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2012, 10:02 AM
low tech high tech
Phil, I have been reading your blog and greatly enjoy your writing. Don't know why I picked this particular entry to comment on, except winter is coming and with indoor season approaching I'm thinking about and building micros again.

I'm sure some new idea will come to you eventually which you will have to try out with small gear again, so this is probably the only blog entry you have that I can find to disagree with!

I enjoyed the indoor umbrella and pic -- I occasionally bring my 6 year old daughter to indoor flying, though she doesn't have much patience for it for long!

Keep up the good work modeling and writing -- your posts are always interesting to read.
Dec 27, 2012, 06:21 AM
Thread OP

the sky is the limit

thanks a lot for your comments. i rarely get back to my threads, and just saw your post. as you say, maybe some day i will get back to micros. there is so much to do that there is not time for all that comes to mind.
above all, enjoy. that's all that matters!

Quick Reply