Unique Models 1200mm F4U-4 Corsair Build Guide - Page 4 - RC Groups
Nov 28, 2012, 10:39 AM
Taranis Tyro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGinCanada
You can get it shipped to you anywhere. We haven't set up the website for UK shipping yet, but drop me a note for a shipping quote if you haven't already ordered!
I'd love too, but unfortunately that's too expensive to contemplate. I can get the slightly larger Dynam (for which parts can be sourced more easily too) for ~130 delivered from a UK source, whereas at current exchange rates the Unique Models version is ~125 plus international shipping, VAT @20% and Parcelforce's 9 charge to collect the VAT(!); by the time that's done we're nearly talking the same money as a UK sourced FMS 1400mm. Annoying!
Last edited by MattyB; Nov 28, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2012, 12:08 PM
RCINFORMER
It does not... just get the CG far enough forward and it flys great... Rich
Nov 29, 2012, 11:07 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
I've sent 2 email inquiries to Applehobby via their website, no response.
I've sent a PM via RCG to Applehobby, no response.
I replied to one of their threads on RCG regarding the models they sell https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1779085 , no response.
Disappointing.

Looks like I won't be buying this plane, rather the Flyzone (or Durafly./HK or Tower Hobbies) instead
Nov 30, 2012, 11:41 AM
RCINFORMER
they are new... i have had several viewers buy many models from http://abong-rc.com/ ... one viewer just purchased a corsair from them 2 days ago...

Rich
Nov 30, 2012, 03:41 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Change of plans...
I am getting the UniqueModels Corsair !
Kit has been ordered, estimated delivery 2 weeks.
Dec 02, 2012, 09:53 PM
This looks like a great corsair-there are so many to chose from. I had a gws f4u way back and this looks a great upgrade from that one. So is easytiger reliable?

Great videos Rich-I like the little tips that make the build easier and better!

Jon
Dec 02, 2012, 10:20 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoplanar
So is easytiger reliable?
Jon
FWIW, I did some research on various RC forums and the NY BBB. Decide for yourself.
Dec 03, 2012, 10:04 AM
RCINFORMER
Check out ABONG-RC.com they are carying the full Line of UM planes.... Glad you like the videos! more to come!

Rich
Dec 03, 2012, 11:01 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
+1 on http://abong-rc.com
Very easy to work with, prompt communication, great service.

BTW, I emailed UniqueModels RC and requested a .pdf of the assembly instructions.
They replied with a zip file (5 individual .pdf files, one per page).

Now I've got something to read while I am waiting for the kit to arrive....and the snow to melt
Dec 03, 2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
I've sent 2 email inquiries to Applehobby via their website, no response.
I've sent a PM via RCG to Applehobby, no response.
I replied to one of their threads on RCG regarding the models they sell https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1779085 , no response.
Disappointing.

Looks like I won't be buying this plane, rather the Flyzone (or Durafly./HK or Tower Hobbies) instead
Very sorry, there was a glitch on our website on the "ask a question" form. I need a webmaster to fix it. You can always email us at sales@applehobby.com.
We just saw and answered your PM.
The answer is we have the Corsair and props IN STOCK here in the USA, not drop shipped from China, and the cost is $225 with free shipping in the USA, and $15 for the prop. Same day shipping if you order before 12 Delaware time.
Dec 04, 2012, 05:10 PM
"Because I was pǝʇɹǝʌuı"
Looks like a nice Corsair!
Dec 04, 2012, 06:13 PM
Taildragger Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
+1 on http://abong-rc.com
Very easy to work with, prompt communication, great service.

BTW, I emailed UniqueModels RC and requested a .pdf of the assembly instructions.
They replied with a zip file (5 individual .pdf files, one per page).

Now I've got something to read while I am waiting for the kit to arrive....and the snow to melt
Where are they located? Shipping cost?

THANX
Dec 04, 2012, 07:33 PM
We are in Delaware, shipping cost in the USA is free.
Dec 04, 2012, 08:19 PM
The "contact us" form on our website is not working, but you can email me anytime at sales@applehobby.com.
Dec 05, 2012, 10:12 PM
I have sent an email asking for clarification on the shipping. He is stating here Free Shipping but when I go to checkout, I am being charged $30?

I'll see what he has to say.

Steve