Apr 09, 2019, 06:29 PM
AvB
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Thread OP
This new airframe is finished and I’m going to put it up for sale. $1100 AUD. I was gonna make it $1200 except that I had to patch the paint where it stuck to the mould.

Span of the Scratcho is 1635mm. Weight comes in as-is at 990gm, without servos or pushrods or other fitout gear.

Why would you pay $1100 for a home built Scratcho? Durability. Everything in the Scratcho is designed to make them tough for slope/ DS conditions. No plane is indestructible but for a full house sloper, the Scratcho is far more so than most. If you land a light hollow moulded plane into a woody bush the wing skin may smash like an eggshell. If you cartwheel it on rough ground it’s probably toast. But foam cored wings like the Scratcho will often survive and be back in the air. The wing is filled solid with CNC cut foam “half cores” made from high density Dow RTM-X EPS foam which adds immense resilience and makes repairs so much easier. The fuz is made with plenty of Kevlar in the layup for resilience and easy repair.

The Scratcho is a great flyer too. Fast with the HN1038 foil, extremely agile, and it is a great DSer.

Composite carbon/glass wing is from CNC cut moulds. Full house with ailerons, flaps, elevator, rudder. Live hinges and wipers. Servo wires are preinstalled in the wing core. Comes with a ply CNC cut servo tray to suit KST DS213 servos. Custom designed control horns. Pushrods and Teflon sleeves can be pre-fit or the new owner can do it his own way. You’ll need to install servos and do wiring, fitout of receiver and add noseweight for CG etc. I can do an optional ballast tube with brass slugs for $100 but you probably don’t need it.

If someone buys this one it will encourage me to pull my finger out and make another!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2019, 07:21 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Gorgeous unobtainium!!!!!!!! Has the be the first new one advertised for sale.

Someone buy it!
Apr 09, 2019, 07:36 PM
Certifiable User
^^^
Drool
Apr 09, 2019, 07:49 PM
AvB
AvB
Thread OP
Yes, this is the first new plane I've ever built and advertised. Alex's was the first new one I sold but he ordered it. All the other 17 or so previous Scratchos have been used (OK, abused) by me then sold (or offered up as sacrifices to the DS gods).
May 03, 2019, 11:16 PM
DS in Training .. .
amazing plane , saw it first hand at DS fest Weldon and fell in love
Sep 01, 2019, 12:22 AM
Rock Breaker
Jono thanks for building me a scratcho.
Taken me awhile to fit out this baby. Almost Ready for Manila.
Just waiting on servo covers, Windfire covers will be made fit.
Not sure Iíve got enough aileron throw only 5mm at tip, best search thread for some rates.
1375g what wind strength do I need?
Sep 01, 2019, 01:13 AM
Remember... Fly for fun!
5mm is heaps. It has a lively roll rate and most fall into the trap of having too much. Hope it goes well Gaz

You should be fine in 15mph at that weight. Really nice light weight! Well done jono
Sep 01, 2019, 03:37 AM
good to see it ready to fly. Have fun at Manilla
Sep 01, 2019, 09:45 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Seeing a new Scratcho come to life, got me remembering all the fun times I've had with scratchos. Had to take mine out for a fly today
Sep 02, 2019, 06:03 PM
AvB
AvB
Thread OP
Just such a shame to fly it in such crappy scenery!

Quick Reply