May 26, 2012, 11:36 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

My DJI Spreading Wings S800 just came in the mail and I think I'm in trouble

So I ordered this awesome S800 because I wanted a great aerial photography platform and told my fiance It's pretty much the same thing as my $200 F550/WKM (I feel bad not telling her how much it really is)
Anyways, I told her this new kids toy comes in a metal case like the HPQ1/Lotus T380 like I had before.

Well is came in the mail today and the friggn box is like 20 pounds or more.
I took it into the bedroom and opened it all up and HOLY COW this thing is HUGE. I looked at the arms and props and I'm scared to put this thing together because she's damn well gonna know this isn't a $200 toy.

I think I'm going to keep it in the case unbuilt for a few weeks until I get batteries.
Hopefully that will give me enough time to explain myself
Last edited by jasper7821; May 27, 2012 at 01:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2012, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Dude, I know what you are feeling, it is huge!! At some point you will have to man up. But let her know that you saved almost $900 by being an early adopter and you could sell it in a moment for more that you bought it for. P.S. Keep it in the case when ever you can. No questions then.
May 27, 2012, 12:04 AM
I will have Robert taking it back from you; not a problem. You get your money back if you don't think you like it or change your mind. Don't open it. Send me a PM with. Better yet, I can also have another dealer in your State to take care of this.
May 27, 2012, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Sidney, way out of your way to do this. I appreciate DJI's commitment to costumer service.
May 27, 2012, 12:27 AM
Thread OP
I totally appreciate it too Sidney, you guys are great and Robert is awesome with customer service.

We just got back from Phoenix and I took the F550 to fly over the weekend . It was way too windy (about 40mph) so I didn't get to fly it.
But we took our dog and brought our friends dog home with us to watch while they're out of town.
Long story short, my fiance's Honda Pilot was pretty full with stuff and my F550 siting on top of everything and keep having to turn around to make sure one of the dogs wasn't munching on my hexacopter was too much.

So I really love the fact that the S800 will break down and fit into the case so I thing it's a keeper.
I did email Robert, the case is pretty heavily scratched and one of the corners is dinged pretty good. Hopefully I can get a scratch free case. Other than that, this thing looks totally AWESOME.
Last edited by jasper7821; May 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM.
May 27, 2012, 12:32 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
Dude, I know what you are feeling, it is huge!! At some point you will have to man up. But let her know that you saved almost $900 by being an early adopter and you could sell it in a moment for more that you bought it for. P.S. Keep it in the case when ever you can. No questions then.
I really should sell it especially since my offer on a home was just accepted tonight and I'm $5k short on the down BUT the car is for sale instead and after it sells I'll be able to buy some batteries and a gimbal also.
May 27, 2012, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821
I really should sell it especially since my offer on a home was just accepted tonight and I'm $5k short on the down BUT the car is for sale instead and after it sells I'll be able to buy some batteries and a gimbal also.
I love a man that has a commitment to his sport. Love ya man!!

""the case is pretty heavily scratched and one of the corners is dinged pretty good" Wait until you put it into an overhead bin, then we can talk about scratches. LOL
May 27, 2012, 12:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Ya, I'm coming to live at your house when she kicks me outta my new house when she finds out what this thing really costs.

I used to take my old F550 to the park all the time when we'd walk the dogs there to play. People were always asking me how much does that really cool thing cost. I always felt bad saying $200.

Man, I suck. Oh well, at least I got my new S800
May 27, 2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:

""the case is pretty heavily scratched and one of the corners is dinged pretty good" Wait until you put it into an overhead bin, then we can talk about scratches. LOL
I love it so much; I gave up living in the comfort of my house in U.S. and came to China. My girlfriend gave up her job and came with me.
May 27, 2012, 12:55 AM
DJI... home wrecker...
May 27, 2012, 01:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw
I love it so much; I gave up living in the comfort of my house in U.S. and came to China. My girlfriend gave up her job and came with me.
Sidney,
You wanna help me, make a mute button on the WKM startup. Man, she cringes every time I plug in a battery and this thing beeps, at least it's not as many tones as the NAZA. I can see it in her eyes whenever I plug it in, it seems almost like fingernails on a chalkboard.
She thinks it's a little cool when it's flying around but the beeps all the time when I'm testing stuff out in the house are whats going to get me a beating

Seriously though, I'm really impressed with DJI products and am happy you guys are on the forums to help assist us.
May 27, 2012, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Ya, I'm coming to live at your house when she kicks me outta my new house when she finds out what this thing really costs.

I used to take my old F550 to the park all the time when we'd walk the dogs there to play. People were always asking me how much does that really cool thing cost. I always felt bad saying $200.

C
I hope she never finds out. The size kinda gives it way. Can you sell something? that may make up for it.
May 27, 2012, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw
Sidney, there are many that would make a mockery of your statement. I do not. I appreciated your contribution to the sport. Have a wonderful evening.
May 27, 2012, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:

I think if the significant others ever figure out what we spend, it will be a catastrophic event.
May 27, 2012, 02:47 AM
I've just Googled the DJI S800...
...There is NO WAY that I could sneak one of those into our house!

I think I'd end up sleeping in the shed.

Quick Reply