May 21, 2019, 06:32 AM
i use this on RX ground station.....gives me so crazy strong range even w some obstructions, something like 12km so far but would easily gone further

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZV3RGIK/
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2019, 09:58 AM
AutoPilot .
Features:
Long range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup *80km demonstrated by Edge Research labs on a balloon !, 57km in India, on Dipoles.
2 x RP-SMA RF connectors, diversity switched.
1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power.

i tough it would do 12km on stock antenna easy ?
May 22, 2019, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpina
Features:
Long range >40km depending on antennas and GCS setup *80km demonstrated by Edge Research labs on a balloon !, 57km in India, on Dipoles.
2 x RP-SMA RF connectors, diversity switched.
1 Watt (+30dBm) transmit power.

i tough it would do 12km on stock antenna easy ?
yea sorry i forgot to mention thats with some pretty good blocking of LOS....vegetation, buildings, etcv
May 22, 2019, 09:56 AM
Which one is aileron again?
With the 900x at fairly high data rates I've seen them reach 1mi with HEAVY blocking by trees, buildings, hills, etc.

I know you should be able to get longer ranges with more optimized antennas and lower data rates.
May 22, 2019, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman1092
Yes! I just started offering kits for the module (PCB + electronics + hardware) here: https://www.loftedaero.com/product-p...diy-module-kit

There's a link on the page to download just the print files for free if you'd like to use them for your own project.
Nice! I remember hearing that RFD was going to come out with something like this for their radios.

BTW, your website doesn't seem to work properly in Opera. In IE, it works but it feels slow or something.
May 22, 2019, 01:39 PM
AutoPilot .
That kit is amazing. I can plug it into my futaba Wow.
It is compatible with the 868x I guess?
Do you have to open it to have USB access to rfd?
May 22, 2019, 02:50 PM
Purdue Engineering
Oh thanks for the heads up - I'll see if I can figure out what's going on with Opera.

Vulpina - I think Futaba modules have a different shape than the JR-style (FrSky Taranis/Horus compatible) module I've designed. But I can look into a Futaba version if there's demand for it.

It's compatible with the RFD868x too. You do need to open it up to plug into the module directly, though AT/RT commands are still possible over the air.
May 22, 2019, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Oh thanks for the heads up - I'll see if I can figure out what's going on with Opera.

Vulpina - I think Futaba modules have a different shape than the JR-style (FrSky Taranis/Horus compatible) module I've designed. But I can look into a Futaba version if there's demand for it.

It's compatible with the RFD868x too. You do need to open it up to plug into the module directly, though AT/RT commands are still possible over the air.
Yes, there is a demand for the Futaba connectors, especially for the 14SG:-)
May 23, 2019, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Yes! I just started offering kits for the module (PCB + electronics + hardware) here: https://www.loftedaero.com/product-p...diy-module-kit

There's a link on the page to download just the print files for free if you'd like to use them for your own project.
Thank you!!
Last edited by chocol4te; May 23, 2019 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote
May 25, 2019, 09:17 AM
Just built a module with some parts lying around, it works but I can certainly see the appeal of the pre-made kit haha
May 29, 2019, 03:14 AM

RFD Tx Module Bundle

RFD does indeed now have something very similar for sale on their web site now.

http://store.rfdesign.com.au/rfd900-txmod-bundle/
May 29, 2019, 05:31 PM
AutoPilot .
how do you manage your RFD power ? i mean do you set it before flight and thats it , or is there any way to change power level during flight ?
May 29, 2019, 11:25 PM
Purdue Engineering
I usually just set it once. Though there's some mention of dynamic power control in the release notes for the newest (upcoming?) firmware, which would be pretty cool.
May 30, 2019, 05:22 PM
am still having issues with my pair of RFD900X radios with noise level in the 90-100 level, I have tried all kinds different antennas, filter, dedicated BEC w filter, shielding, and nothing...wth could be?
Jun 01, 2019, 03:17 PM
shielding eh.

That reminds me. I was going to design and machine some aluminum cases for my radios.

Quick Reply