Dec 14, 2013, 04:54 PM
Sirach 6:7-16

RFD900u Connector

Hi Seppos,
I was thinking of taking up your offer of 10% off and getting a RFD900u but I could not tell if it came with antennas. It appears it is not SMA but MCX connector so I don't have any pre-exisiting stuff on hand. Do you sell the connectors or cables?
Please advise...
Regards,
Steven
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2013, 10:32 AM
Thread OP
Hello Tnug,
The RFD900u can be used as both Air and ground module. If you choose the appropriate cables, it can plug into the autopilot, or into an FTDI cable.
Cheers,
Seppo
Dec 17, 2013, 10:33 AM
Thread OP
Hi,
The modems themselves don't come with antennas. We have the interface cables in the cables section that allows connection of the u.fl to RPSMA bulkhead. Then any existing antenna, or cable can screw into the bulkhead connector.
Cheers,
Seppo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN I Dawg
Hi Seppos,
I was thinking of taking up your offer of 10% off and getting a RFD900u but I could not tell if it came with antennas. It appears it is not SMA but MCX connector so I don't have any pre-exisiting stuff on hand. Do you sell the connectors or cables?
Please advise...
Regards,
Steven
Dec 25, 2013, 10:56 PM

Dodgy Cable

Just wanted to echo this comment:

"I had a problem with the FTDI cable too (could have been driver related). I happened to have a spare cable, and the modems connected up fine."

After mucking around for two hours yesterday with an array of computers and drivers. No luck.

I dug up a cheap usb FTDI board and after some quick pin to pin connecting....all good.

Cheers
Dec 28, 2013, 12:58 PM
i just to see this great topic
i would like to know if a europeen vers will be available in a near futur???
because here, it s the the frequency of cellphone so it almost impossible to have a unit working well without lots of noisy
Jan 03, 2014, 10:15 AM
Waypoint Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppos
Hello Tnug,
The RFD900u can be used as both Air and ground module. If you choose the appropriate cables, it can plug into the autopilot, or into an FTDI cable.
Cheers,
Seppo
Seppo,
Thanks for the reply. Happy New Year!
I know you are having some delays with RCLink. I hope it is still progressing. Assuming it is, will the RFD900u be compatible with RCLink too? I noticed the early images posted showed the RFD900 piggybacked to the RCLink v1.2 board.
Regards,
T
Jan 26, 2014, 03:16 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Would there happen to be anywhere in the US that carries these?
Jan 26, 2014, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me
Would there happen to be anywhere in the US that carries these?
Jeff at Event38 carries the RFD900 bundle:

http://www.event38.com/ProductDetail...uctCode=RFD900
Jan 30, 2014, 07:24 PM
Is there any way to link 3 of these together? I'm working on a project with a repeater quad, that follows above at 500 ft. It would be nice to send the GPS location of the lower quad up to the repeater, and ultimetly back to me on a laptop groundstation. I already have two of the RFD900s that work great!
Feb 27, 2014, 02:35 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Does it matter which antenna goes where? I'll be flying in pretty open areas so I was planning on using a 3dBi and a 2dBi on each RFD.

Nevermind,
Using both 2dBi on the plane.
Last edited by boredom.is.me; Feb 27, 2014 at 02:59 PM.
Mar 12, 2014, 05:32 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
I finally got my custom cases for the RD900. They fit great! The case just makes it look complete. Do not take my word for it. See for yourself.

See all pictures here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=9039
Mar 12, 2014, 05:34 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
I finally got my custom cases for the RD900. They fit great! The case just makes it look complete. Do not take my word for it. See for yourself.

See all pictures here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=9039
I will be 1st to ask.

Where did u get them?
Mar 12, 2014, 05:40 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
I designed and printed it. Are you interested?
Mar 12, 2014, 05:45 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Quote:
I designed and printed it. Are you interested?
I'm interested so far?. More details.
Mar 12, 2014, 05:59 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk
I'm interested so far?. More details.
If I was to sell it as a kit, it would be as follows. What I is the very first prototype which happens to be very close to perfect.

2x Top Case Half
1x Plain Bottom Case Half
1x Bottom Case Half with mount holes
6x Stainless Steel Button Head Bolts

Price would really depend on how many are made at once. I would ideally be able to sell for $25. But a solo order would be much more.

Quick Reply