Nov 30, 2018, 04:09 PM
Isn't the Red Bull Stearman based off of this Unique Models design? Maybe some parts from it would fit this one, from Horizon Hobbies.....
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2018, 08:55 PM
I'm pretty sure the Horizon Hobbies Stearman is the old FMS model rebranded with a different paint scheme. I had the FMS Stearman, it is a good flying plane, but a bit smaller than the Unique plane.
Nov 30, 2018, 09:22 PM
But Honey, It was on sale
Thanks, Hoping great weather for your maiden, As this plane has not had a lot of good reviews, BUT, I don't take a lot of reviews to heart, As I am sure there are pilots who do not set the plane up right, OR do not how to fly a Biplane right, As I have stated several times in other websites in reviews(EG: RocHobby Waco,MotionRC review). "Please do not give this plane a bad review because You can not set it up right, And fly it , It is You, Not the plane," I have made that statement a dozen times over with different planes, So looking forward to your review, Hope i did not put too much pressure on you LOL
Nov 30, 2018, 09:29 PM
Deleted...
Last edited by Only one more; Dec 01, 2018 at 05:14 PM.
Nov 30, 2018, 11:09 PM
Fly as high as the Sun
I'm not familiar with the Red Bull Stearman, but the new E-Flite Stearman is a completely new plane. It's larger than the FMS, but smaller than this one.

I have been reading the thread, and the CG on that plane seems to be all over the place....not setting it up right, or not used to a biplane, is my guess.

I am really hoping for a maiden this weekend.....temps are good, just not sure about the rain and wind.
Dec 02, 2018, 05:00 PM
I am sure you can figure out the proper CG on the E-Flight Stearman, And yes you are probably correct as to CG Set Ups and not used to a Bi-Plane, Because I see a lot of pilots buy Bi-Planes because they are cool looking, Or they think they are easy to fly, I have seen 4 guys at our Club field crash their planes on maiden flights, All Because they were tail heavy, Or they chopped the throttle on landing with not enough throttle and they stall, and drop a wing and cartwheel, I Try to tell them what they did wrong, They don't listen, Oh well, I love my Bi-Planes , and will continue to fly them. With the E-Flite sale going on right now, I am very tempted to get this plane, My local HS has it for $169.
Dec 02, 2018, 05:22 PM
Fly as high as the Sun
It really is a nice looking plane...if anything ever happens to my Unique model, I'll probably get another one and paint it blue/yellow.

Here's a comparison of the two, posted on the E-Flite thread by MoreRightRudder....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8#post40108428
Dec 03, 2018, 01:43 PM
Just checked with Horizon catalogue and it appears they no longer sell "Staufenbiel" or the Red Bull decorated airplanes.

What I was recalling was that the Red Bull Stearman had ~47" wing span which fit only the Unique Model design. To me, it was a poor rendition with a cowled radial and the gaudy (to me) Red Bull paint scheme.

I never saw much promise in that sales pitch, not surprised it has disappeared.
Nov 17, 2019, 02:26 AM

Hookll PT-17 Stearman

https://www.banggood.com/Hookll-PT-1...r_warehouse=CN

Unique PT-17 Stearmen redivivus?
Nov 17, 2019, 02:18 PM
CH Spring
I had a Unique Stearman. I loved it. However, at one point it got turned into packing beads. By that time a replacement was not available. If that situation has changed, I'd be up for getting another.

Cheers!
Nov 17, 2019, 09:33 PM
Fly as high as the Sun
That really looks like it, the kit would serve as a good airframe replacement in case of a crash.

Quick Reply