May 24, 2012, 01:47 AM
Thread OP
New Product

FrSky introduces the S-Bus reciever for FASST

http://www.alofthobbies.com/frsky-tf...ver-s-bus.html

If you know anything about FrSky (pronounced Free Sky), than you know that they are well known for making high quality products for very fair prices. FrSky produces some of the best radio gear out today, and stand behind their products. They are also known for listening to their customer needs. So to expand their offering of receivers that work the Futaba FASST system, they are pleased to announce the TFR8SB.

The SB is similar to their 8 Channel FASST receiver but they added S-bus and RSSI ports!

Features:
SB port - No receiver channel limitations except what your transmitter is capable to sending. Also prevents mismatched servo channel connections.
Two selectable failsafe options - Use the transmitter failsafe, or a receiver failsafe.
Improved sensitivity and stability.
Wider and higher operating temperature range, suitable for all kinds of models.
Firmware upgradable - Future proof!

Best of all is the pricing!! Now you can afford to use the S-Bus in your planes.

Keep an eye out for the S-Bus servos coming soon!

-Wayne
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2012, 01:09 AM
When do they (Frsky) plan on releasing the D12mb S.Bus compatable servos?
I am looking forward to trying them out. I have had a lot of luck with their FASST receivers and want to see what their servos can do. I think it would be terrific to have an affordable S.Bus system available.
Jun 11, 2012, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
I understand they are close. Here are the specs for the first servo:

voltage: 4.8V--6V
current: 50mA--250mA
speed: 0.12sec/60° 4.8V
0.11sec/60° 6.0V
torque: 1.8kg.cm 4.8V
2.0kg.cm 6.0V
dead band: ≤3μs
travel: 400μs/40°
ball bearing: metal
gears: all metal
weight: 12.5g
size: 22.5×11.5×24.6mm
feature: CPPM & SBUS compatible
Jun 12, 2012, 03:14 PM
Sounds like a nice mini servo. I bought your last receiver. Sounds like you just shipped it so I should get to start playing with it shortly.I look forward to buying more when you get them back in stock.

I can't wait to try the new servos when they get released.

Do you plan on carrying the Robbe Futaba S.Bus 4 channel decoders, or know where we can buy them in the states?
Last edited by turbulent; Jun 12, 2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
Jun 12, 2012, 03:32 PM
Thread OP
We will get some more in about a week.

Sorry, no plans to get the Robbe, and not sure where you can get one.

-Wayne
Jul 17, 2012, 03:43 PM
Do you know if FRSKY will come out with a sbus receiver that will work with FRSKY's modules? The one shown above is just for Futaba transmitters right?
Jul 17, 2012, 03:47 PM
Thread OP
Yes, they will. I think they are in testing now.

For the Futaba folks, we will have a new 4 channel s.bus receiver in about 1 week. Small package that packs a punch thanks to s.bus!
Jul 17, 2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbohlen
Do you know if FRSKY will come out with a sbus receiver that will work with FRSKY's modules? The one shown above is just for Futaba transmitters right?
The next generation of FrSky (D16) reciever(s) will carry BOTH S.Bus & S.Port output(s).
Jul 17, 2012, 09:16 PM
I know you well
I hear that the TFR4SB will release in few days
Jul 17, 2012, 09:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothymuyi
Yes, we already have them on the way. Aloft Hobbies will be the first distributor to offer these. And we don't even gouge you on the price or the shipping.

-Wayne
Jul 17, 2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothymuyi
TFR4SB is ONLINE already.
Jul 18, 2012, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeland
TFR4SB is ONLINE already.
Can you give me the link that I can not find it?
Jul 18, 2012, 12:55 AM
Thread OP
I was told Aloft Hobbies will be the first to have these, and they are still in shipping.

http://www.alofthobbies.com/radio-ge...ompatible.html
Jul 28, 2014, 04:34 PM

Channel assignment

It should be possible to change channel assignment from ch 1-8 plus SBus to SBus plus ch 9-16 according to the manual. Have anyone managed to get that to work? Every time I tried that and switch it off and on again it has changed back. And what FW update? I can't find any information about that at all.

Quick Reply