Thread Tools
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:55 AM
scrtsqrl is offline
Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Just trying to get a nut.
scrtsqrl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
Pick a day and I can meet you out there. I've been flying the skywalker out there getting used to the pattern. I just haven't FPV'ed it yet out there yet. I was going to fly at Otay but forgot my head tracker.
Been to Otay Lake already?
The park by Otay Lake 1000 Sat work?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:58 AM
scrtsqrl is offline
Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Just trying to get a nut.
scrtsqrl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
So I have a few sponsors already lined up :-) ... still waiting to hear back from Camp Pendleton and some other folks.
Sweet. I was flying around there today. It would be a perfect venue. I think they have a rc club on base as well .
Old Jul 26, 2012, 07:11 PM
typicalaimster is online now
Find More Posts by typicalaimster
Registered User
typicalaimster's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Been to Otay Lake already?
The park by Otay Lake 1000 Sat work?
I've been there once. I've been to the park off Lake Crest Drive. I noticed there was a peninsula across the way that has access.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Otay+...alifornia&z=18

I drove over there and it seems like a better launch point. Gives a more centralized location.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:28 PM
scrtsqrl is offline
Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Just trying to get a nut.
scrtsqrl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
I've been there once. I've been to the park off Lake Crest Drive. I noticed there was a peninsula across the way that has access.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Otay+...alifornia&z=18

I drove over there and it seems like a better launch point. Gives a more centralized location.
Sounds like a plan. I'll be there at 1000 on Saturday. Check your PM for contact info.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:38 PM
typicalaimster is online now
Find More Posts by typicalaimster
Registered User
typicalaimster's Avatar
ScrtSqrl and I met up down at Lake Otay this morning. Here's some video from one of my flights..

Lake Otay FPV Flight - July 28th 2012 (2 min 56 sec)
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:55 PM
scrtsqrl is offline
Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Just trying to get a nut.
scrtsqrl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
ScrtSqrl and I met up down at Lake Otay this morning. Here's some video from one of my flights..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVBGHMIR1vk
Indeed.
Otay Lake (0 min 22 sec)

It was good to meet you.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:03 AM
iskess is offline
Find More Posts by iskess
FPV in Hawaii
iskess's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
ScrtSqrl and I met up down at Lake Otay this morning. Here's some video from one of my flights..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVBGHMIR1vk

How do you get such a smooth pan? What servo do you use?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:35 AM
Bill0 is online now
Find More Posts by Bill0
Registered User
Bill0's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Indeed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oS0_piNd9c
It was good to meet you.
Do you use some sort of stabilization? Are you still flying the EZ*?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:30 PM
typicalaimster is online now
Find More Posts by typicalaimster
Registered User
typicalaimster's Avatar
I'm using a Hitec HS82-MG. I didn't modify it but used my radio to stretch it. I then cheat and use Youtube's video enhancements to smooth out the video. Although in that video I didn't use the Youtube Anit-Shake.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:58 PM
scrtsqrl is offline
Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Just trying to get a nut.
scrtsqrl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0 View Post
Do you use some sort of stabilization? Are you still flying the EZ*?
Yes, I'm still flying my EZ*. I don't have stabilization, but use rate gyros on pitch and roll.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:26 AM
Bill0 is online now
Find More Posts by Bill0
Registered User
Bill0's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Yes, I'm still flying my EZ*. I don't have stabilization, but use rate gyros on pitch and roll.
Fy20? Explains the smooth videos. I recently put a key chain camera on a ez* and it was bouncing all over the place, even though it didn't look like that from the ground.

Thanks..............Bill
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:12 PM
scrtsqrl is offline
Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Just trying to get a nut.
scrtsqrl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0 View Post
Fy20? Explains the smooth videos. I recently put a key chain camera on a ez* and it was bouncing all over the place, even though it didn't look like that from the ground.

Thanks..............Bill
Actually 2 X ESKY-704 Rate Gyros:


Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:15 PM
flyandi is offline
Find More Posts by flyandi
Registered User
Guys, I just wanted to let you know that I am really working hard to get us a more "official" area to fly for the event.

Right now in Talks with Camp Pendleton and the City of Carlsbad.

Please stay tuned while I try to sort out things with them.

Thanks,

Andy
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:21 PM
Bill0 is online now
Find More Posts by Bill0
Registered User
Bill0's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Actually 2 X ESKY-704 Rate Gyros:


I'm using a fy20, but would like o try something different. There is a section here about installing gyro's on airplanes, may try a couple of the Detrum GY48V. They seen to work well and are pretty inexpensive.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:21 PM
Bill0 is online now
Find More Posts by Bill0
Registered User
Bill0's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Guys, I just wanted to let you know that I am really working hard to get us a more "official" area to fly for the event.

Right now in Talks with Camp Pendleton and the City of Carlsbad.

Please stay tuned while I try to sort out things with them.

Thanks,

Andy
Thanks Andy.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold 40 size trainer 59"w...60$ local pick up in north park san diego warhawk crazy Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Nov 23, 2011 07:26 PM
Discussion North San Diego County IR Tank Battle Blitzkrieg65 RC Tanks 9 Oct 24, 2011 11:39 PM
North East site in San Diego Bill L Slope 5 Feb 10, 2004 08:10 PM
Headed to San Diego and Points North Mitch G Electric Plane Talk 13 Oct 24, 2001 02:29 AM