Oct 01, 2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi
Btw, here is a professional video from the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyCWc7Lb3AQ
Woo, managed to get some of my Assassin flying in there.

Ran out of 4s batteries, so I dropped down to 3s and propped up for another run. Too bad I over-propped and burned out the motor. Barely made it back to the cliff before I realized what happened.

But on another note, big props to Microdan motors, they are going to rewind it free of charge despite it being completely my fault. They have a customer for life.

http://www.gobrushless.com/shop/inde...ref=MDANmotors

Thanks again for putting the event on Andi, it was awesome to see all the different stuff flying.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2012, 11:29 PM
Aerial DP
got it all switched over to ch5,,,,,
Oct 01, 2012, 11:31 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster
If you guys want to come down to south county I can think of a few spots. Lake Otay was a pretty good spot to fly at. We'll just have to the skydivers know we're there.
Indeed. There are awesome flying spots by Lake Otay.
Nothing formal required...
Oct 02, 2012, 03:48 AM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
Here is one video i was able to upload tonight, The picture is a bit hazy because I got some Dust on the lense.

fpv meetup (3 min 22 sec)
Oct 02, 2012, 10:24 AM
Fly it, edit it, post it.

Quadcopter VTX fuzz

I will bring my trailer and all that shade and tables any time... Charging station, extra planes, whatever you guys want. I want to fly more with that crew, that was a blast. Team tregtronics wants more experience with multiple FPV flyers. I also want to work on some flights where we chase eachother. Video looks so much more interesting with a subject moving in it. Kloner, lets get together and chase eachother's Zephyr's. That would be really cool. I didn't even get a chance to fly mine at the meet.

I would love to meet at my Sorrento Valley location, super awesome for FPV, and central for a lot of guys. I know its only 10 minutes from Otto.

So this is my first time flying FPV with a bunch of people, and I learned a lot from it.... First of all, I think the Hilton, and the traffic light are pumping out Wifi, and strong video transmission themselves, so that when we were flying down south of where we set up, we all had a bit of interference as far as I could tell. Even Kloner's rig got knocked out going that direction.

I thought it was interesting when the Quadcopters were really cranking amps through their motors.... I got a lot of video transmission interference. I think it is just broadband crap coming from the motors, as I could see the interference change as a function of the sound of the closest copter going by my ground station. I need to work on that, and become immune, as it happened a couple times when I was making a turn, far away, and I just had to fly with muscle memory.

This is the recording of what I was seeing... not the HD from the meet, I think Kloner's video from his zeph took the prize.... This is more for tech sake, I post this, because I want immunity, and that is my goal. I have found some spread spectrum digital video transmitters that I want to try out. I would also like to work on CP stuff, but since that is just a mix of linear, vertical and horizontal, I think it will still be susceptible to this type of broadband interference... I saw it on all frequency bands that were at the site.... Really bad at 2.4 I think, but I truly believe that the Hilton has a nice WiFi setup that is messing with our 2.4.

FPV Daves Beach Fly In (1 min 54 sec)
Last edited by tregtronics; Oct 02, 2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Grammar
Oct 02, 2012, 10:35 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left

Looking forward to the nexrt meet...

I agree with everyone that this was a blast...I especially loved putting a face to the names...

I also enjoyed the different rigs out there and to see how everyone had their stuff set up. I definitely have a lot to learn still.....unfortuantely im not that technically inclined with this stuff and most of it goes over my head...but that is ok cause i know all you guys know what you are talking about!!

@Treggon:

Dude....my 5.8 was super clean the whole time other than when i was almost directly overhead as expected....obviously i wasnt going far with my quad and my plane only has a small parkflyer Rx so that didnt go far either...but my video link was really clear the whole time so i wonder if that is the best frequency to be on around there with the hotel and lights and what not..

Anyways...im down with flying sorrento again, just let me know when. Im going to work on moding my easy* for better camera placement. I like your idea of chopping the nose and making a front mount...I was also toying with the idea of getting one of those security camera domes and mounting that on the nose so that the camera is protected...We will see i guess.
Oct 02, 2012, 10:40 AM
Aerial DP
that stuff you got there i think is alot of cell phones going by on the street behind us...... i get that same look at the river when i get around boats or camps with people........ Mine was getting that the whole time..... i had one quad with me that doesn't have a shield over the video power and osd, it wouldn't even transmit. the planes eagle tree data wouldn't transmit. The gps took 8 minutes to boot, never taken that long ever and i usually get 11 sats at the river, here it was going between 7 and 8. my nazas kept flashing red like they lost sat signal. Brutal spot for ol kloner

I'm going to the river 10-12 through 15, other than that i'm game.......

Would love to do some formation flights out of the ocean sooner or later, but maybe we should practice at sorrento first.....

my problem was straight spektrum transmitter stomping me... wish i'd have asked before going. It was an exadurated los flight most of the time..... Almost everybody was using it too.... all around me, both sides. When i got over that boat i got blasted so it could have been them guys. I've been in a wheel house and hear poeple talking thousands of miles away, they all got massive power and huge antennas.
Oct 02, 2012, 10:44 AM
Let's do Sorrento Valley this weekend, and try to pull together a crew from the FPV flyin.
LATLONG: 32.90636, -117.19636
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...08256&t=h&z=18

Saturday? Morning? Any time between now and then after work?

Kyle:
Yeah, your video was super clean.

Did you ever fly with 3+ other Quads in the air? This video was with your copter, Andi's, and Kloner's all flying while I am flying. That was when I really saw my video go to crap, where it was really solid for the weeks coming up to the event, as well as early before anyone else was flying. Coming to think of it, it really got bad when Andi's Quad was flying... I wonder if his is the culprit.
Oct 02, 2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tregtronics
Let's do Sorrento Valley this weekend, and try to pull together a crew from the FPV flyin.
LATLONG: 32.90636, -117.19636
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...08256&t=h&z=18

Saturday? Morning? Any time between now and then after work?

Kyle:
Yeah, your video was super clean.

Did you ever fly with 3+ other Quads in the air? This video was with your copter, Andi's, and Kloner's all flying while I am flying. That was when I really saw my video go to crap, where it was really solid for the weeks coming up to the event, as well as early before anyone else was flying. Coming to think of it, it really got bad when Andi's Quad was flying... I wonder if his is the culprit.
To be honest i wasnt paying attention to who was in the air at the time...haha...i know at one point i was giving people rides on my easy* and there was a couple other 5.8's going and still had clean video...i wasnt watching as i was just flying LOS and letting the others watch...

As for sorrento...im game for the weekend...i dont think i have anything going on...maybe we can do a weekday after i get off work...we can meet up...just let me know...although weekend would be better...
Oct 02, 2012, 11:02 AM
Thread OP
Oh sure - blame it on the smallest Quad :-D .. that didn't even had any FPV Equipment on it :-)
Oct 02, 2012, 11:05 AM
Thread OP
I will be in Orange County this Saturday and probably Sunday, too - so I am out :-( .. and the following weekend is Miramar Airshow .. maybe I can do this Sunday..

I probably will take the time to finally FPV the Maja :-)

Then we can do some real Ocean Flying :-)
Oct 02, 2012, 11:12 AM
Aerial DP
sunday morning is better for me, but saturday would have me there 9ish

we need to get a fleet out to sea in formation

I got a customers 550 hex all loaded up with 1.2 and need to put some time on it

Oct 02, 2012, 11:18 AM
i would love to do some formation flying with you guys...HOWEVER...seeing that my easy* only has the parkflyer Rx...i dont think i can go far...to be honest i think my Video will go farther...i have never taken it to its limit and from what i hear...people are getting decent distances with 5.8...i also have that 5 turn helical that should give me decent range too...just never really tried it out...

maybe someone can help me test out the range one of these days...im thinking setting up the GS and then putting the VTx and Camera in/on top of the car and driving in a straight line until the video goes out!!
Oct 02, 2012, 11:27 AM
Thread OP
Yeah that's what I did .. and that's what I am going to do with the Maja this weekend.
Oct 02, 2012, 11:28 AM
Don't worry, my long range stuff is all in Florida getting 'Upgraded' for the last 3 weeks, and it still hasn't arrived. I was hoping to have it for the FlyIn, but the Dragon guys never returned my Long Range TX/RX setup. So I am close in too... However... I just got a 1 W amp for 2.4 that should allow for some serious distance.... I'd like to try that.... That is the rig for my Zephyr, which is why mine was pretty grounded, but I can install an AR8000 that has some good range. I have some extra Spektrum stuff if you need it Kyle. Some rigs with the external diversity at least that you could borrow til your wife forgets about the packages showing up.

I could do Sat/Sun, or both.... I really want to rock some Zephyr flights with Kloner.... and get Kyle to film the 3rd person view. I wouldn't mind being back to watch the Charger game, but that's at 5:20 on Sunday.

Quick Reply