Nov 03, 2003, 03:55 PM

Sin-Naps alpha nearing maiden

Hi,

Hereís a glimpse of my newest design the Sin-Naps. All thatís left is covering and control linkage installation.

Currently the Specís are:

Span: 26 in.
Area: 170 sq.in.
Motor: Razor 400, 5.33:1
Battery: E-tech 2x700
Servos: 3 x GWS Pico
Weight: 226 grams (8.0 oz.)

David
Last edited by d_trafalgar; Feb 05, 2004 at 09:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2003, 05:07 PM
Gravity brings me down
How soon? How much?

Accepting preorders? It's going to sell quickly.
Nov 03, 2003, 06:29 PM
I want I want bad. When will it be ready to sell?
Nov 03, 2003, 06:29 PM
I want I want bad. When will it be ready to sell?
Nov 03, 2003, 08:06 PM
Crash Master
Looks good David. Going for more 3D than pattern with this one? Is there enough fuselage side area?

Good luck on the maiden.

Did you leave enough room for an IPS-D & EPS 300?
Nov 03, 2003, 11:46 PM
Earthbound, Coop: I have no firm release date at this time. It will depend on how well the flight tests go.

Thanks,
D
Nov 04, 2003, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by genebond
Looks good David. Going for more 3D than pattern with this one? Is there enough fuselage side area?

Good luck on the maiden.

Did you leave enough room for an IPS-D & EPS 300?
Hi Gene,

Yeah, there is plenty of room up front. The design allows for power systems using the 5x8mm and 10x10mm stick mounts. The EPS 300 will fit but I think it might be a little large/heavy, we'll see. For the IPS-D motors I'll allow for the 5x8mm stick to be orientated vertically, use a "+" hole or something similar.

Just how 3D is it?.....I'll let you know after the tests....

Thanks,
David
Last edited by d_trafalgar; Feb 05, 2004 at 09:56 AM.
Nov 04, 2003, 12:55 AM
Leave me alone!
I love the look of the Sin-naps, David! I can just picture her with a pair of retracts in the wing, too.

Martin
Nov 04, 2003, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Hunter
I love the look of the Sin-naps, David! I can just picture her with a pair of retracts in the wing, too.

Martin
Thanks Martin.

I'm working on installing retracts already......

D
Nov 04, 2003, 01:37 AM
Leave me alone!
I may have to order a second wing for mine after it gets here in a few days. Oops. Did I type that out loud?

I need a wild covering scheme now.

Martin
Nov 04, 2003, 02:07 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Very pretty bird, nice work David! Looks like it might be knife-challenged with the limited fuse area though, but with those huge control surfaces it should do just about anything else including the ever-so-popular hovering
Nov 04, 2003, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tres Wright
Very pretty bird, nice work David! Looks like it might be knife-challenged with the limited fuse area though, but with those huge control surfaces it should do just about anything else including the ever-so-popular hovering
Thanks Tres. You and Gene may be right about itís knife edge ability, but sometimes you need to give up a little personality for looks..... A smaller fuselage helps keep down the weight and I was trying to get this one under 8 oz.

D
Nov 04, 2003, 05:42 PM
Little Bo's Lab

Would like to see with 36" wingspan

Would like to see the sin-naps with a 36 inch wingspan...this would be great size for outdoor flying...Razor 2500 or Hacker plus 1500 mAH Li Po or greater for duration at speed....and yes I agree with Martin...would be neat to see retracts...

A Sin-Naps Beta for bigger!!!!!!!! Great design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....I like the natural air cooling with open bottom bays for both engine and battery...makes change outs easy as well as keeps the Li-Po and motor cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Nov 04, 2003, 05:42 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
Enough throw enough power anything will knife edge!!

It's nice lookin plane, clean lines, but for soem reason...it just doesnt appeal to me yet. I never like the look of planes without covering for soemr eason... maybe after covering and some near vertical shots!!
Nov 05, 2003, 08:07 AM

Re: Would like to see with 36" wingspan

Quote:
Originally posted by m4tm
....I like the natural air cooling with open bottom bays for both engine and battery...

Mike
I included two options for mounting the batteries in the Sin-Naps. Which one is used will depend on what motor is installed. With the lighter IPS type motors the batteries will mount in the front bay and with a heavier motor, like the Razor 400 I have installed, the battery is mounted on the battery plate in the fuselage above the front of the wing. The front bay is used to mount the ESC.

David
Last edited by d_trafalgar; Feb 05, 2004 at 09:56 AM.