Jun 28, 2012, 06:28 PM
Thread OP
That's it, sand fill, sand fill, polycyclic 2 or 3 times, sanding between coats. Chrome testers and a dust coat of copper testers. E spirit I can't thank you enough your F- 22 is brilliant. The time you put in sharing with us, just amazed me. Thank you sir. Jim and I will post some video of the yaw cone on a 22. You will not believe how slow... stupid slow.

DJ love ya man
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2012, 06:39 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
It is pretty amazing, the speed envelope is just crazy! The plane is just a jewel to fly. What's amazing is the plane telegraphs to you when it needs yaw control from the thrust vectoring cone, verses the Tailerons! I know that sounds weird but it’s true!

Jim
Last edited by pattypilot; Jun 29, 2012 at 07:25 AM.
Jun 28, 2012, 10:02 PM
Supersonic hover
Sean you're more than welcome. I put a lot of time into the F-22 design and plans hoping it would inspire people to build on what I had done, and it looks like it worked! I'm really happy (and more than a little envious) to see how nice your F-35 is.

What's next?

-Matt

PS thanks for the canopy finishing tips
Jun 30, 2012, 04:13 PM
Thread OP
twins Matt need to do a twin
Jim shot some video of the F-22 thanks Jim. Watch the end. Sorry I kinda stopped flying after that
F22 High Alpha Flying 003 (1 min 55 sec)
Last edited by au117; Jun 30, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
Jun 30, 2012, 05:19 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
HAHAHA! I stopped filming also! Just could not believe what I had just seen. I think I dropped the camera so I could push my mouth shut! Sean's a great pilot, who has me envious of his high alpha flying! I forgot what I was doing after I seen the torque roll, reversal, about face or what ever you want to call it! I called it AWESOME!!! I've flown this bird, but never pushed it anywhere close to that! Just a neat flying bird.

Jim
Jul 01, 2012, 07:37 PM
Need 4 Speed!
Had a great time meeting and flying with Sean today. His F-35 using the stock GP F-86 equipment is a hot-rod in the air with the hyperion 3s 180. Tremendous builder! Actually the increased performance of the additional cell on one flight threw a rotor. Not sure if that is common when going to 3s on the stock F-86 power system but the increased performance is definitely worth the risk IMO. Sean is doing a lot of trail blazing with this model and the challenges of achieving good low and high speed control is no easy feat. Keep up the great work Sean!
Latest blog entry: original Y/A F-18 Kit
Jul 01, 2012, 08:00 PM
Supersonic hover
Pdawg was that in LA today? If so, wish I could have dropped by the field to see since I am traveling for work. Spent the morning in Torrance at the Western Museum of Flight drooling over their aviation library.

Nice micro jets you two!

-Matt
Jul 01, 2012, 08:10 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Nice photo's Bret.

I'd definitely recommend a drop of CA down the hole before sliding the impeller back on Sean.

I got some very interesting results using a different impeller with this EDF unit....
Jul 01, 2012, 08:12 PM
Need 4 Speed!
Matt,
I happen to be in Champaign Illinois these days but home for me is a couple minutes away from Torrance airport. That YF-23 is pretty big in person! Hopefully you also get an In-N-Out burger while your in Cali.
Jul 01, 2012, 08:22 PM
Need 4 Speed!
NC,

It was by complete chance that Sean and I happened to be at the same flying field at the same time. Not many modelers are scratch building micro edfs so I was pretty shocked to see the F-35. I quickly recognized the model from this thread and had to say hello. A photo was definitely needed! It micro edf heaven for me and there were a couple other pilots flying stock F-86's. At least 4 micro edf's at the field at the same time. Definitely a growing segment of the hobby!
Jul 01, 2012, 09:16 PM
Thread OP
Nitro, yep did the ca and ran it up. We'll see how she does. The c model has about 8 runs on the 3s and doing ok. Do tell, impeller, interesting results
Pdawg I had a very nice time and the f-86, sweet well done sir. Hopefully we can meet up again before you leave. What a small world.
Jul 02, 2012, 08:29 AM
No dear, That isn't New!
Pdawg, it was nice having you our field. I was the moron flying the stock F 86 when you asked, mind if I take a picture? I wasn’t sure who asked or to whom? But I said sure no problem, only to hear, he wasn’t talking to you! Then like I’ve heard a few times before, that little voice chimes in and says Ya, why would anyone want your picture. because five feet behind you lays an F 35 that will knock your socks off! My brain to mouth movement still needs a little sub trim!

Jim
Last edited by pattypilot; Jul 02, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
Jul 02, 2012, 09:59 AM
Need 4 Speed!
Jim,
It was nice meeting you also. Your field has a great group of modelers! I've never seen so many micro edf's in one spot. And I did get a picture or atleast tried to get a picture of your F-86. It was a little fast for my camera though! Let me know if you guys are planning to fly next weekend...
Jul 02, 2012, 10:30 AM
Just some guy
The rotor came off as it was a used fan which I had removed the rotor, I guess one to many times.

DJ
Jul 02, 2012, 02:46 PM
No dear, That isn't New!
Weather permitting, and with my Wife’s permission, I will be flying on the 4th in the morning and this weekend!

Jim

Quick Reply