Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Sep 16, 2012, 08:47 AM
Registered User
OnceAFly's Avatar
So what is the difference of v2 frame?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2012, 09:04 AM
kitesurfer
different cam mount, different servo mount & positioning, different centre unit placing so legs fit on in quad mode
Sep 16, 2012, 01:02 PM
Registered User
Can someone show how you done with power distribution.
I order one frame this friday. Really looking forwards to get this peace. Look really nice.
What fc are you are guys ho are flying this frame with?
Sep 16, 2012, 09:20 PM
Registered User
OnceAFly's Avatar
Oh really nice if the quad mode working fine now without mod on frame v2! I might jump in the ship soon
Sep 17, 2012, 08:48 AM
Registered User
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQ5Njk1NDQ0.html

WKM
XA RE
NEX5N
Sep 17, 2012, 03:29 PM
x23
x23
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB
different cam mount, different servo mount & positioning, different centre unit placing so legs fit on in quad mode
Stronger legs, steadycam screwed on rubber silent bloc, aluminum arms, no bag, comes with an hex screwdriver.

To the "V2" owners, what are the tiny black plastic tubes for ?
Sep 17, 2012, 03:49 PM
Still flying
Ramnes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by x23
Stronger legs, steadycam screwed on rubber silent bloc, aluminum arms, no bag, comes with an hex screwdriver.

To the "V2" owners, what are the tiny black plastic tubes for ?
x23
For ekstra long receiver antenna cable maybe? i dont know. There are some tiny holes all over the frame which they fits, but most certainly shouldnt be placed.

I'm not shure if everyone gets six legs for the version II, but i received an extra pair. The hole frame seems very steady and firm in it's construction. To pitty i'm not gonna put any electronics on it yet. I've just built a DJI550 with landing legs from Jacub and now i need to save some money for a while.

Jorn
Sep 18, 2012, 01:02 AM
Registered User
You will see soon why you need extra legs.. a lot, not only two
I broken two instantly this Sunday when trying to maiden on a 20kmph wind.
This legs aren't good for anything else than a perfectly vertical nice landing, I wouldn't even trust to put my Nex on them, already looking for a replacement.
Sep 19, 2012, 06:38 AM
Still flying
Ramnes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
You will see soon why you need extra legs.. a lot, not only two
I broken two instantly this Sunday when trying to maiden on a 20kmph wind.
This legs aren't good for anything else than a perfectly vertical nice landing, I wouldn't even trust to put my Nex on them, already looking for a replacement.
RENATOA
Ok. I'll see if i can figure out something, but first i need motors for the bird, i thought i'll buy the same as for my HK550, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16230

But then i need to drill holes through the aluminium arm for the shaft.
This motor shall have a tourque of 1,1 - 1,6kg.

What motors do you recommend? I'm going to use a Panasonic HDR-CX570E Videocamera for filming.
I thought of ESC, Plush 40A as i use in the HK550
I think i read somewhere in here that someone use a gyro to stabilize the gimbal. I 'm not shure what FC i'm gonna use. In the HK550 i use the KK2.

At the end i'll buy the YS-X6 for one of them.

Jorn
Sep 19, 2012, 07:24 AM
Registered User
Personally I had bad experience with NTM motors, and since then I avoid them.
The one pointed above is way too powerful for such task. Check their own diagram, the optimal efficiency, (which is lame at 70%...) is at 1.1 kg thrust and 16A consumption.
Do you see this machine as quad at 4.4kg and drawing 64Amps ?! Come-on...
A mk octo of same weight draws only 35Amps, are they comparable ?

Imo, HK is not a source of good motors in this moment for multicopters. Batteries, ESCs, and nothing more. For FC, frames and motors they are late to the show, and lame as offer.
The only I would be curious to try is the last model stocked, from iflightrc, this:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tor_Motor.html
But the 3mm axis and lack of a serious prop mount make it also not attractive...

So far, at an average price, the best I see is this:
http://www.bevrc.com/ax2810q-kv750-h...otor_p413.html

Received Monday a 6 units set and will test them this weekend. So far, visually they looks good.
Sep 19, 2012, 10:36 AM
x23
x23
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
You will see soon why you need extra legs.. a lot, not only two
This legs aren't good for anything else than a perfectly vertical nice landing, I wouldn't even trust to put my Nex on them, already looking for a replacement.
The new legs are really stronger because there's no more holes in them now...
Sep 19, 2012, 11:09 AM
Registered User
Not the legs breaks, but the clips to body pipes.
Sep 19, 2012, 10:59 PM
Registered User
more videos please.
Sep 20, 2012, 10:22 PM
Registered User
BEWARE when you try to pay to buychina.

It redirects to a suspicious page with a bigger value.

My order is U$65.00 !!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2012, 06:22 AM
Still flying
Ramnes's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
Personally I had bad experience with NTM motors, and since then I avoid them.
The one pointed above is way too powerful for such task. Check their own diagram, the optimal efficiency, (which is lame at 70%...) is at 1.1 kg thrust and 16A consumption.
Do you see this machine as quad at 4.4kg and drawing 64Amps ?! Come-on...
A mk octo of same weight draws only 35Amps, are they comparable ?

Imo, HK is not a source of good motors in this moment for multicopters. Batteries, ESCs, and nothing more. For FC, frames and motors they are late to the show, and lame as offer.
The only I would be curious to try is the last model stocked, from iflightrc, this:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tor_Motor.html
But the 3mm axis and lack of a serious prop mount make it also not attractive...

So far, at an average price, the best I see is this:
http://www.bevrc.com/ax2810q-kv750-h...otor_p413.html

Received Monday a 6 units set and will test them this weekend. So far, visually they looks good.
RENATOA
I'm looking forward to see the test results.

Jorn


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product NEW Carbon-Glass-Alu SCORPIO Mini HEXA Frame (WITH PLANS) mifau Multirotor Drone Talk 49 Mar 05, 2013 01:40 PM
Sold RC Carbon Y-6 Carbon Fiber Folding Frame Adidas4275 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 2 Apr 22, 2012 10:44 PM
For Sale Hexa Glass Fiber Frame for DIYer (without power unit) kevinlib Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 11 Apr 14, 2012 10:48 AM
Discussion carbon fiber frame vs fiber glass frame? ChatXT Multirotor Drone Talk 1 Feb 09, 2012 02:38 AM
For Sale TRex 450 Frame Carbon Fiber CNC full frameset MJW2006 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Sep 25, 2007 05:12 PM